"Family" Bonding

Dancing In The Rain

 

After signing all the papers, Kyung Soon exhaled and smiled at Min Hee and Myung Ki. "Since Myung Ki is going to live us from now on, I suggest you take the Black Card and go shopping for his clothes and other stuff that you think is important. Buy his bed and tell the place to deliver it. I'll get some guys to take the beds out of that guest room closest to yours tomorrow."

 

Min Hee gasped as Kyung Soon gave her the Black Card, "Chincha? Can I buy stuff for me too?" She held the card against her chest. Kyung Soon grinned and nodded.

 

Zelo stared at the Black Card in shock. He has never seen a Black Card up close and his lips, "You have a Black Card? Can I..touch it?" Min Hee handed him the card and giggled.

 

"Amazing, right?" Min Hee asked. He nodded as he carefully observed it, he furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Min Hee.

 

"Yah. It says 'Min Hee Park', it's yours!" Zelo exclaimed and handed it back to her. Min Hee's jaw dropped and quickly grabbed it. She stared at it for a few moments, she pinched herself, blinked a couple of time, and stared at the card again. She did the same steps for a few times before jumping at Kyung Soon.

 

Min Hee squealed, "Unnie! Thank you! Thank You! Thank You! What about Jin Ae and Soo Young?"

 

"That's why they're gone. As soon as they recieved their Black Cards, they quickly told KNUA they were going on a vacation for a week, went home to pack, and left immediatley. I think that was when you and Zelo went to that park?" Kyung Soon explained to her.

 

The teen pouted, "And they didn't bother calling me? Wow. When are they coming home?" Kyung Soon shrugged.

 

"Soon? I don't know. They haven't called me either. Now go! Leave my hospital!" She exclaimed as she pushed Min Hee out of her office.

 

Zelo put down Myung Ki and bowed, "Annyeonghi gyeseyo, Unnie!" Kyung Soon smiled at his good manners.

 

The three left the hospital and drove to the plaza. The first shop they stopped at was a popular and expensive clothing store for kids. Min Hee ran around the whole store basically grabbing all the cool looking clothes and accessories for Myung Ki. Many people stared at Min Hee and Zelo in awe. They looked like a perfect, young family.

 

"Yah! Zelo! Help me!" Min Hee shouted. She was having trouble carrying the clothes that she collected. Zelo held Myung Ki's hand and walked towards her.

 

He smiled at her and grabbed the clothes, "Y'know there's a cart over there. Myung Ki, can you get it for us please?"

 

Myung Ki looked up at him and nodded, "Yes Appa!" He then ran to get the cart. He grabbed the cart and pushed it. Myung Ki was having trouble pushing since he could barely reach the handles, so he was bumping into the mannequins and the racks full of clothes, causing them to fall over and the staff to come over.

 

A woman with a business suit stared down at him and frowned. She grabbed his wrists and pulled him to her, "Yah! You're making a mess! Get out! You must be poor! Where are your parents so they could clean this up?!"

 

Her nails were digging into Myung Ki's flesh, causing him to cry, not because of the pain, it's the memories he was now remembering when his parents abused him.

 

Zelo and Min Hee heard the woman and walked over to her. Min Hee and Zelo quickly put the clothes into the cart Myung Ki was pushing before they could clear the situation up.

 

As soon as Min Hee notice Myung Ki's already bleeding wrist, she ran to her and agressively pulled her arms away from Myung Ki. "What the hell are you doing to my son?!" She screamed at her. Zelo pulled the crying boy to a hug.

 

"He is making a lot of mess in my shop!" She exclaimed. Min Hee looked at her in disbelief and shook her head.

 

Min Hee tilted her head in an intimidating way and said, "Yeah. A shop. For kids. And you treat my son like this? You cannot treat my son like this! Look, his wrists are now bleeding! He just came out of the hospital and me and my husband were treating him by buying him new clothes and he gets treated like this?! I should sue you."

 

The woman gasped at the clothes they were about to buy, "I a-apologize. I thought he was just a poor child and and-" Zelo cut her off.

 

"Enough. Even if the kids were poor, you shouldn't treat them like crap. We'll accept your apology if you give us these clothes and accessories for free, plus band-aids," He said.

 

"But all together, the total amount would be almost a thousand dollars!" The woman exclaimed in shock.

 

Min Hee crossed her arms, "So you'd rather lose $500,000 from the court case that'll be going in a week than losing a thousand dollars?" The woman shook her head and ran to the counter. Many customers watched the scene and shook their heads at the woman.

 

Zelo and Min Hee stared at each other with a triumphant look on teir faces. Min Hee walked around the shop for a bandana. She found a lot of them in a counter and grabbed more than ten, she also grabbed several fake glasses before coming back to the cart.

 

"I'll take care of Myung Ki. Can you look for bags of socks his size and grab ten of them? Five bags of white socks and five of black please?" Min Hee asked Zelo.

 

The tall boy smiled at her and nodded, "Okay wifey!" Min Hee laughed and shook her head. Zelo left them and looked for the socks and grabbed them. He passed by a row of hats, beanies, scarves, and gloves. He quickly grabbed all the cool looking ones of each of them.

 

Min Hee pushed the cart and started laughing when she saw Zelo walking back with a lot of stuff. "I said socks, hubby!" She smiled at him and helped him. He shook his head and put the clothes into the cart.

 

The customers stared at them in awe again. "They're so cute! Look at their kid! I'd love to have a young family like that!" A stranger squealed. "How can she do that to their baby! She's so evil!" Another one said.

 

The two ignored the customers and pushed the cart to look for more stuff. Min Hee stopped and gasped, "Boxers and underwear!"

 

"Umma! Don't yell that out! You're embarrassing me!" Myung Ki complained to her as he hid his face with Zelo's jacket. Min Hee bit her lip, "Whoops!"

 

Min Hee ran around the whole store looking for the underwear sections. She then grabbed two of each of kind of patterned boxers which was totaled forty and also grabbed ten bags of briefs, one bag had twenty. The woman watched in horror as the two got more clothes for Myung Ki.

 

"Hubby! C'mon! We're done with this shop!" Min Hee yelled out to him and gestured him to go to the counter for the check out.

 

It took the woman about twenty minutes to check out the clothing and accessories and to remove the security pins. Min Hee watched the numbers go up to a hundred, then to a thousand. Zelo whistled at the total price.

 

"Myung Ki. You are a. One. Spoiled. Kid," Zelo smiled down at him, he ruffled his hair.

 

The neatly folded the clothes and put them in seven large bags and for the accessories, five small bags. She didn't need to give them the reciept since the clothes and accessories were all given to the three for free. She sighed and handed them bags, plus a huge band-aid.

 

Before leaving the store, they had change Myung Ki into a warm outfit and put the band-aid over his wound.

 

Min Hee came out of the store with three large bags and one small one, and Zelo with four large bags. Between them was Myung ki with two small bags in each hand. The sight was cute and funny. They were all smiling and laughing.

 

When they went back to the car to put the bags in the trunk, Myung Ki looked at them with a questioning look. "We're leaving already?"

 

Zelo patted his head, "No. We're just dropping of the bags. There are more stores we have to go to, it'd be a waste if we just leave. Min Hee didn't even get to ise her new card!"

 

"Yeah! We're not done yet! When it comes to shopping with me, we might come home in the midnight!" Min Hee said, closing the trunk. She nodded at the direction of the plaze, "C'mon Monkey. Let's go!"

 

"Monkey?" Mung Ki asked her with an amused face.

 

Zelo held Myung Ki's hand, "Your nickname!" Min Hee nodded and held his other hand. The three walked inside a shoe store, all of them separated to look for shoes for Myung Ki.

 

Myung Ki went up to Zelo and held the shoes up to him. Zelo nodded at Myung Ki's taste in shoes. He grabbed the oversized red and black Jordans from Myung Ki. "Where'd you get it?" He asked him. In response, Myung Ki pointed at the direction near the register counter.

 

The two walked there and picked out the same shoes, but with the right size for Myung Ki. In the other side of the store, Min Hee already picked out six pairs for Myung ki and she was still looking for more.

 

She came across these black and white Nike Air Jordans. She grabbed the one in Myung Ki's size, it matched his outfit right now. Min Hee then ran to the counter and immediatley bought it with a pair of black socks.

 

"Myung Ki! Come here for a minute! We're not done yet, but take off your shoes and wear these!" She shouted out. The boys turned to look at her and she pointed at the seat in front of her. Myung Ki sat down. Immediatley, Min Hee took of his shoes and put the socks on him. She then took out ashoe from it's box and waved it around, "It matches with your outfit!"

 

Zelo took the other pair out of the box and began putting it on Myung Ki. "Minnie-ah, put the other shoe on him already," Zelo blurted out.

 

Min Hee stopped talking and put the shoe on Myung Ki. She stood up and placed her hands on her hips, "Stand up, Monkey!" As Myung Ki stood up, she squealed at how cute he was. Zelo gave her the shoes that Myung Ki picked out before he left to continue the shoe hunt.

 

Adding the shoebox to the stack, Min Hee walked around, carefully scanning through the shoes. Whenever she found a pair of cool looking shoes, she'd add it to the tower of shoeboxes.

 

Twenty minutes had passed and they were already checking out eighteen pairs of shoes. "How are we suppose to carry all of these?" Zelo asked, furrowing her eyebrows. Min Hee shrugged.

 

"Six boxes can fit in a large bag. We bought eighteen pairs, so each of us carry one bag. Nah. You carry two, Zelo. Monkey can't carry the bag, he'd just drag it," Min Hee said. Zelo nodded his head in understanding.

 

Once they payed $1,139 worth of shoes and boots, they left and headed straight to the car again to drop of the stuff.

 

After that, they went to Sleepwear shop. They bought twenty-five monkey pajamas, ten monkey beanies, and three monkey house slippers. They even got him a monkey cup, monkey toothbrush, seven monkey towels, and monkey toothbrush holder.

 

"So many monkeys!" Myung Ki exclaimed as he peeked inside the bag. "I'm hungry. Can we eat?" He asked Min Hee.

 

Min Hee patted her stomach and nodded, "I'm hungry too. Let's go eat burgers!"

 

Zelo took the bags Min Hee was holding. "I'll go to the car and drop these off. I'll meet you at which restaraunt," He asked as he also grabbed the keys from Min Hee.

 

"Ah. We'll just go with you. You're carrying too much, Zelo-ah!" Min Hee insisted as she reached for the bags. Zelo put them up high. She looked at him, "Just because you're tall, it doesn't mean that you have do to that."

 

He glared at her, "I'll do it! Can you just tell me where you guys are going to eat at?"

 

She crossed arms, closed her eyes, and shook her head, "Nope. I will though. If you let me help you." Her eyes were still closed.

 

Zelo looked at Myung Ki and gave him the 'Ssh' finger and he quickly left. Myung Ki looked up at Min Hee and began giggling. She slowly opened her eyes in suspicion and gasped, "Yah! Why didn't you tell me he left, Monkey!?"

 

Myung Ki hid his face with his hands and laughed, "Appa told me to be quiet!"

 

"Aish! Sometimes you don't need to listen to your appa or umma, okay?" Min Hee told him. Myung Ki smiled and nodded. "Ah! You're so cute!" She hugged him tightly. She stood up and held his hand, "Let's go to McDonald's!"

 

When the two arrived at McDonald's, they quickly took their table. Min Hee took out her phone and texted Zelo where they're eating at. "Umma. Let's wait for appa before we eat, okay?" Myun Ki said. Min Hee put her phone away and smiled at him.

 

"You're so nice, Monkey!" Min Hee cooed.

 

Zelo closed the trunk and locked the car when he recieved a text. He took out his phone and read the text. He chuckled to himself, "Hey, she's not mad." He gave her a one-worded reply which was an "Okay."

 

During the walk to McDonald's, many girls that just came out of school realized Zelo was in the plaza. They surrounded him and started squealing and took pictures of him. Zelo nodded and smiled at their compliments as he walked through the crowd.

 

'Aish. What am I going to do?' Zelo thought to himself. He scratched his head in frustration. He tried to think of a plan, but he couldn't come up with one.

 

"Oppa! Zelo Oppa! Please rap and dance for us! Oppa!" The girls screamed.

 

Zelo's face glowed. "Okay! But promise me that after my performance for you Babyz, you'll leave me alone. I'm pretty busy with work!" He announced to them. The girls pouted, but they agreed. Zelo started dancing and rapping for the fans.

 

As soon as he finished his ten minute performance, the girls left him alone with smiles on their faces. Zelo put his hood and mask on and quickly ran to McDonald's. When he arrived, he saw Min Hee trying to persuade Myung Ki to eat.

 

"Monkey-ah! We don't need to wait for him! You're really hungry! I can hear your stomach growling. C'mon. What do you want? I'll order it for you. Monkey! Why are you being so stubborn!" Min Hee cried.

 

Myung Ki put his head down on the table and mumbled, "No. I'll eat when Appa is here. I'm not that hungry, Umma."

 

Zelo ran to them and took off his mask, "Monkey. I'm here. You can eat now! You didn't need to for me."

 

"Yah. Why were you so late? You left us starving," Min Hee complained. She gave him one of her death glares.

 

He held her hand. "I was ambushed. C'mon, let's go eat now!" He pulled her up, then carried Myung Ki with one arm. "What do you want to eat, Monkey?"

 

Myung Ki exclaimed, "Burger Happy Meal please!" Min Hee tapped his nose and smiled, "See? You are hungry!"

 

"I was lying. I want to eat my first meal with my new umma and appa," Myung Ki pouted. He hid his face on the crook of Zelo's neck. Min hee and Zelo stared at each other and smiled, he already started to love Min Hee and Zelo as his parents.

 

Min Hee shook her head, "This boy. He's just too cute." Zelo laughed and nodded in agreement.

 

After eating at McDonald's, they went to an Electronic Supply store and bought an iPad Mini for Myung Ki for learning and game purposes. They also bought him a PSP, Nintendo 3DS, and all kinds of fun games for the handhelds.

 

"Okay. We just need to buy a bed and we're finally done!" Min Hee said, stretching her arms out. Myung Ki was fast asleep in Zelo's arms. Min Hee smiled at the sleeping boy, "We should surprise him. Buy a bed he would love. Something that a monkey would love to play in."

 

Zelo stopped, "I remember passing by a matress store somewhere here and it had a tree house like bed displayed behind the glass windows. It had a bridge and other stuff. I don't know how to explain it, I'm pretty sure he'd love it."

 

Min Hee rubbed her palms together, "That's perfect! Where'd you find it?"

 

Zelo turned around and pointed at the direction. The two began walking to the matress store. When they arrived, Min Hee gasped at the display, "Yes! Oh my god! Let's go!"

 

They immediatley bought the full set that was displayed and told the people to deliver it tomorrow. They both left the store and walked to the car. Min Hee watched Zelo as he fastened Myung Ki's seatbelt. She laughed, "He's knocked out."

 

Zelo smiled and nodded. Min Hee yawned and sat down in the driver's seat, her legs were still out. The tall boy closed the door to Myung Ki's side, he then pulled Min Hee up. "I'll drive this time," He told her.

 

Without any complaints, Min Hee went to the passenger seat and buckled her seatbelt. "Can you drive stick shift?" She asked him, just to make sure. Zelo nodded. He then started the car and drove back to the mansion.

 

When they arrived, Min Hee and Myung Ki were both asleep. Knowing Kyung Soon was home, he called her to come outside and carry Myung Ki to Min Hee's room. Zelo got out of the car and saw Kyung Soon walking out of the mansion with her fluffy robe.

 

"How was it? Did he have fun?" She asked him with a yawn. Zelo opened Min Hee's door, "Yeah. He talked a lot. Although we had problems during the shopping. I'd tell you all about it, but it's too late. Maybe tomorrow," He told her.

 

"Good, because after carrying him to Minnie's room, I'm going back to sleep. I'm tired. You should stay for the night, it's late," Kyung Soon said.

 

Zelo nodded. He reached to unbuckle Min Hee's seatbelt, he then carried her bridal style. Kyung Soon did same thing with Myung Ki. After they put the two of them in bed, they went back in the car to unload. They put all the bags in Min Hee's room.

 

Kyung Soon left and Zelo watched the two sleep peacefully. The empty space was calling him. Zelo decided he should sleep with them and he did.

 

Next morning, the three were still sleeping, Zelo and Min Hee hugged each other with Myung Ki between them.