Adoption

Dancing In The Rain

Min Hee was walking around the mansion, she was bored and home alone. Soo Young and Jin Ae were busy with their college, Korea National University of Arts, so she had nothing to do. Kyung Soon was at the hospital busy with something. She's done every activities she can do in the mansion; she ice skated, skated, played all the games in their arcade, read a few mangas, sang, played all the instruments, wrote a few poems, drew a picture of herself, danced all the kinds of dances she knew, cooked food, jumped in the trampoline room, and played with the pets.

 

She flopped down her bed and checked her phone, there were no texts or missed calls. Min Hee sighed, "I'm soo bored."

 

Min Hee faked cried and rolled all over her bed, nearly squishing Ninja. Her phone began blasting 'PONPONPON' by Kyary. She gasped and quickly picked it up, "Kyung Soon Unnie! I'm lonely and bored!"

 

"Park Min Hee!" Kyung Soon exclaimed. Min Hee sat up and became serious. Kyung Soon would call her by her full name whenever somthing serious is happening. Kyung Soon cleared , "I need you to come to the hospital and meet someone."

 

The girl got off her bed and went into her walk-in closet and began picking out an outfit. "I don't have transportation and money though," Min Hee informed Kyung Soon.

 

"I give you permission to use the car. Meet me in my office once you arrive. You're the only one that's never busy among the three of you girls. Please hurry. This is urgent," Kyung Soon said before she hung up on Min Hee.

 

Once Min Hee had changed into her oversized Mickey Mouse sweater, black and white, random patterned legging, her gray Uggs, and black and red knitted beanie; she quickly grabbed her brown messenger bag and quickly ran downstairs and grabbed the keys to Kyung Soon's other car.

 

As soon as Min Hee went inside the car, she the engine to warm the engine up. She then texted Jin Ae that she'll be in the hospital for awhile because her unnie needed her. She pulled out of the garage and started driving to Kyung Soon's hospital.

 

When she arrived, she parked in the staff parking lot and ran to Kyung Soon's office. She opened the door quickly and put her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath. "What do you need. Who do I need to meet?" she panted.

 

Kyung Soon pointed at a chair and pulled out some papers, "Please sit, Minnie. I need to talk about this person first."

 

Min Hee walked to the chair and sat down. She stared at Kyung Soon, she looked a bit sad. Kyung Soon cleared and started, "The person you need to meet is

I think a five year-old boy. He's been abused and abandoned by his parents. We found him the day you were at the auditions. That's why I was busy that night. I want you to meet him since you would know how he feels. He's pretty traumatized of what happened. He avoids people."

 

The teen's heart sank, "H-how could they do that to a boy? a five year-old one at that?"

 

"That's why I want you to meet him. I want you to talk to him," Kyung Soon said. "We don't know his name and birthday. We want you to find out. He hasn't talked for awhile."

 

Min Hee nodded. The two went to the child center of the hospital. There were more than twenty children that were in there, all supported by the parents except for one. He was in the observant room, playing with some toys. Kyung Soon nodded at the door and Min Hee opened it, catching his attention.

 

The little boy stared up at her. Min Hee smiled and went to her knees and greeted him, "Hi! I'm min Hee. What's yours?" He didn't answer, instead he just went back to playing with the toy he was playing with.

 

The girl looked at Kyung Soon through the glass window and gave her a worried expression. Kyung Soon flapped her hand to tell her to go on. Min Hee then grabbed a notebook and a pencil and began drawing him.

 

It took Min Hee half an hour to finish, after she finished it, she gae him the notebook. He stared at her and then at the drawing. He smiled which made Min Hee and Kyung Soon have a happy feeling inside them.

 

"I'll teach you how to draw like that! It's really easy. Do you want to learn?" Min Hee asked him as she gave him a sweet smile.

 

He slowly nodded and she began teaching him.

 

Min Hee has been visiting him in the hospital for a couple of days to gain his trust. It was the second day of November, when she was just leaving the mansion. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she wore a reindeer tribal patterned, batwinged shirt and short khaki shorts. She put on her tan moccassins and exited the mansion.

 

As soon as she opened the door, Zelo was at the door. Min Hee patted her chest, "Omo! You scared me, Zelo!"

 

Zelo laughed and stared at her outfit. "Oh. Are you about to go somewhere?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Min Hee nodded, "Yeah. To the hospital. Wanna come? There's no one home to hang out with."

 

The tall teen looked at her, "Hospital? What's there in the hospital?"

 

"There's this little boy I visit everyday. Do you want to come with me and meet him? He's really cute!" Min Hee asked as she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the car. "You'll love him!" She added.

 

"You sound like a ert, Minnie," Zelo chuckled.

 

The two went inside the car, with Min Hee in the driver's seat and Zelo at the passenger. Min Hee connected her iPhone to the car and began blasting 'Do What We Do' by Jay Park. Min Hee laughed, "I dont care how ual this is, but I love this song by him."

 

Zelo checked the car out from the inside. "Is this stick shift? You can drive stick shift?" He asked her.

 

Min Hee nodded. "Yahp! Jin Ae Unnie taught me how to drive last summer," She said as she stopped at a stoplight. She then began singing along with Jay Park. Zelo laughed at her as she sang it horribly, in purpose that is.

 

"You're so dumb," Zelo smiled, shaking his head at his friend.

 

A few minutes later, they had arrived at the hospital. Min Hee excitedly took Zelo's hand and began running to the little boy's room.

 

"What's the kid's name?" He asked as he was getting dragged.

 

Min Hee stopped in front of a room and scratched her head. "Uhhh. I dunno. That's why I visit him everyday to gain his trust. That's what Kyung Soon told me to do," she said. She then opened the door and sang out, "Heey~! I have another playmate!"

 

Zelo walked in with her and waved hello to him and smiled. "Hi. I'm Zelo!" He introduce himself to the boy.

 

The little by ignored Zelo and jumped out of his bed. "Minnie Unnie! Look at my drawing!" He exclaimed as he held up a notebook, showing his artwork.

 

"Aww! Is that you and me?" Min Hee asked, squealing. He smiled and nodded.

 

The three of them began playing and had a drawing contest in the observant room. They didn't notice that Kyung Soon was watching them. 'They look like a cute family!' She thought to herself.

 

The little boy had told them his name and his birthday and said he didn't like it since his parents named him that. Zelo looked at Min Hee with a confused look. Min Hee mouthed, "I'll tell you by text. Wait." She excused herself and went to the corner. She then took out her phone and began texting Zelo about what happened to Jung Hwa, the little boy.

 

After sending the text to Zelo, Min Hee ran to Jung Hwa and lifted him up. She turned to Zelo and ask, "Read the text sent you." When she said that, Zelo's phone vibrated. She smiled and turned her back to him, "C'mon! Let's go play!"

 

Zelo sat down on a tiny stool and read her text. He felt really bad for Jung Hwa. He watched the two play for awhile before joining them.

 

Kyung Soon finally entered the room and told the two teens to go outside the room with her for a discussion. Once the teens exited the room, leaving Jung Hwa by himself, Kyung Soon smiled. "Min Hee. I came up with something and I want to ask you this," She began.

 

"His name is Jung Hwa and his birthday is in August thirteen if that's what you were about to ask for," Min Hee blurted out.

 

Kyung Soon shook her head and smiled, "Take him..as your son. Adopt him. You're the one closest to him."

 

Min Hee's mouth formed an 'o', so did Zelo's. She blinked, "I'm sixteen though. Isn't that illegal?"

 

"This is my hospital, I make the rules here. Do you want to be his mom?" Kyung Soon asked. Min Hee grinned and nodded.

 

"Of course I do!" Min Hee exclaimed as she jumped at Kyung Soon.

 

Min Hee had told Jung Hwa that she's his new mom and he was really happy. Jung Hwa jumped at Min Hee and hugged her real tight and asked, "Chincha?!" She picked him up and carried him, she smiled at Jung Hwa and nodded.

 

"Now since I'm your new mommy. I'm going to change your name, but what name?" Min Hee said. She bit her lip and thought about names.

 

A few seconds later, Zelo and Min Hee mumbled in unison, "Myung Ki." They looked at each other and laughed. Jung Hwa stared at Zelo, then poked Min Hee.

 

Min Hee looked back at him, "You're new name is Myung Ki! Park Myung Ki." She tapped his nose and gave him a sweet, loving smile that makes Zelo's heart stop.

 

Myung Ki blinked and said, "If you're my new mommy.." He then pointed at Zelo, "Is he my new daddy?"

 

The two teens blushed and shrugged. They didn't know what to say to Myung Ki. Myung Ki grinned and exclaimed, "I love Appa and Umma!" Kyung Soon stifled a laugh and left to get the papers for Min Hee.

 

Zelo awkwardly laughed, so did Min Hee. "Yeah? No? I don't know. Should he, Myung Ki?" Min Hee asked.

 

Myung Ki nodded his head and held out his arms to Zelo, "Appa! Carry me!"