New environment, new life.

Entangled by Love

*Mina

 

Falling and getting caught by that guy was very awkward and uncomfortable. I shudder at the thought of it and continue going home. I don't get why my mom told me to come home immediately, something serious must have happened.

''I'm home!'' I shouted and removed my shoes to step into the living room, noticing moving boxes. ''What's going on?'' I ask.

Mom steps into the living room and hangs up the phone. ''I just got a new job offer and we're moving further up in Seoul. You're going to be attending Seoul National University tomorrow and you're going to live on campus,'' she said, and started to pack.

''W...what?'' I stutter. ''Do we really have to? I have my friends here, my life is here!'' I exclaimed.

''I already accepted the offer, so stop whining and help me pack,'' she demanded. I unwillingly start to pack, trying to think of ways to persuade my mom. Unfortunately, she doesn't fall for it.

After we finish packing, I go straight to bed. ''I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to my friends,'' I whisper to myself.

My mom woke me up at 4.30 in the morning. ''Get ready,'' she said. I brush my teeth, eat breakfast and get dressed. We load the moving boxes onto the trunk of my mom's car and drive off.

I can't believe I'm going to live on a campus. I thought to myself.

Looking at trees passing makes me feel sleepy, I leave the beautiful landscape by closing my eyelids, getting surrounded by darkness and embraced by sleep.