Complications

Entangled by Love

                                      red-and-black-rose1.jpg                      

 

*Mina

 

It feels so lonely, knowing that almost everyone is away having fun, while I'm all alone here. Well, I have Seung-hyun but I keep worrying about him. Why did he leave so hurriedly? I noticed something was wrong when I managed to get a glance of his face. He looked... pale and sick, like he was about to vomit. I wanted to head to his dorm, but somehow, my instincts told me to stay away and let him be.

It's 2PM, I'm sitting on the stairs and reading my history book. I'll definitely ace the history exam next week, thanks to Seung-hyun. Speaking of him, I suddenly see him walk past the café, deeply pondering about something as his face has a concerned look to it. I hesitate for a while, thinking if I should approach him or not. Suddenly I remember the part about Seung-hyun being hard-hearted and careless when I approach him, he wouldn't be like this if he wanted to see me, he would definitely come to me first.

I jump as my phone starts to ring, I immediately pick it up.

''Yoboseyo?'' I answer.

''Hey it's me,'' Young-bae says.

''Young-bae! How's the field trip? You having fun?'' I ask happily, not feeling lonely anymore.

''Yeah, we're having a blast, everyone is eating lunch right now. I finished eating so I'm at my suite now, while waiting for my friends I decided to call you to see if you're okay,'' he mentions.

''Don't worry about me, I'm fine,'' I assure.

''Has anything happened?'' he asks seriously. He's referring to Seung-hyun. I decided to tell him the truth. After all, we've got to help Seung-hyun with his problem.

''Well, yes, a whole lot actually,'' I confess.

''Would you care to tell me about it?'' he asks politely. I nod, remembering we're on the phone. I take a deep breath before I start.

''Yes of course. Okay, here's the thing. I... think Seung-hyun has bipolar disorder, and he's really showing a lot of symptoms of it. We were together at the library yesterday, he helped me with some history, and I asked him why he would be hard-hearted one day and become so kind the other day. When he gave me a confused look, I knew something was wrong. He then told me about something that concerns him everyday, and my instincts told me it was bipolar disorder, but I wasn't sure of it, yet. As soon as I started to question if something brutal happened in his past, he suddenly became pale and nauseous. He excused himself and ran back to the dorm. That's when I knew he had the disorder. Young-bae, we have to help him,'' I say, getting worried. There's a long silence, only hearing slow breaths at the other end of the line.

''What can I do to help?'' Young-bae finally asks.

''I'm not sure yet, I guess we should give him some time, eventually he might confess about his past,'' I say, doubting my plan.

''Got it,'' he says.

''Young-bae? Can I ask you something?'' I say, suddenly remembering about something.

''Go ahead,'' he says warmly.

''Why did you tell me to be careful around Seung-hyun?'' I ask, getting tensed. I hear him taking a long, deep breath. I know he's hiding something.

''Tell me,'' I plead. He finally answers after a while.

''Remember the bandage on my wrist?'' he asks.

''Yeah, what about it?'' I ask, getting confused as why he's talking about it.

''I lied to you, I didn't get hurt by the dumbbells. Seung-hyun did it, he hit my nerve,'' he admits solemnly. I freeze and my heart starts beating fast. Seung-hyun did it?

''W-why? How? When?'' I ask, thoughts racing around my mind.

''We were alone in the classroom and I asked him why he was being so shallow. I literally forced him to tell me, I even grabbed his arm preventing him to escape. I guess he got agitated about it, so he hit my nerve and made me release him,'' he says sheepishly.

''Why would you do that, Young-bae?! That wasn't nice of you, really it wasn't,'' I say angrily.

''I'm sorry, he just got on my nerves,'' he says quietly, full of shame.

''Yeah, I think Seung-hyun knew that, knowing the fact he hit your nerve,'' I say ironically.

''I'm sorry,'' he repeats.

''Don't apologize to me, do it to Seung-hyun,'' I say.

''I won't,'' he says coldly.

''Why not?'' I ask, getting annoyed.

''... He doesn't deserve it,'' Young-bae says.

''Wow Young-bae, you're really being a douche right now. I won't speak to you until you apologize to Seung-hyun,'' I conquer. By that, I hang up the phone and stuff it in my pocket. A slight headache is forming because of the tension.

''Mina?'' someone calls, I know that voice. I turn around seeing Seung-hyun, crossing his arms. By the look of him, he's not the ''kind Seung-hyun''. I open my mouth to say something, but get interrupted by him.

''Don't say anything, just come with me. You wanted to know about my past? You'll get it,'' he says coolly. He grabs my arm and leads me into the school with determined steps.