Prudence

Entangled by Love

Hey guys! Here's another awaited chapter, and just to let you all know; I won't be updating as much as before (details in my personal message section), but I'll try my best to update as much as possible, happy reading!

dsc_1304wtmk.jpg <---- Everland Resort (looks cool, huh?)

*Mina

 

''All students, please assemble outside on the campus!,'' the principal ordered from the speaker. We all went outside to meet the principal and all the teachers at SNU.

''You all have been working very hard after the summer vacation, the teachers and I hope you will continue this way and pursue your careers. With a good start this year, the teachers and I decided to arrange a 2-days-field-trip where we all are going to stay at a hotel and do different outdoor activities,'' he announces and pulls out a note from his pocket while we all wait anxiously.

''These are the following activities we will be doing;

*Going to Everland Resort

*Hiking

*Bowling

*Going to the cinema

*Water activities such as surfing, sailing, snorkeling, canoeing, fishing and waterskiing.

*Paintball and lastly kart racing,'' he says, and by that, everyone starts cheering including me. I can see Young-bae not far away from me, cheering together with his friends. He sees me and gives me a big wave, smiling happily. I wave and manage to smile back.

''BUT! Not everyone of the students may have the opportunity to come along, if anyone of the students has an F in their subjects, they are not allowed to come along. They will be staying here at the campus and practice at the subject they have an F in,'' he says stiffly.

Just 5% of all the students got disappointed, including me, since I have an F as well. Damn.

''So, those who don't have any F's can start packing right away, as we're leaving tomorrow morning. Gather here at the campus at 8AM sharp tomorrow,'' the principal says and finishes the speech. I walk back to the classroom but stop midway as a hand grabs my wrist lightly.

''Why are you going back to the classroom, you should be packing!'' Young-bae says blissfully. I look around hastily and say; ''Not for those who got an F.'' Young-bae's face changed quickly into a sad, disappointed look.

''W...what? How?,'' he stutters.

''I have an F in History,'' I say, on my bracelet. He curses.

''I really wanted to go with you,'' he admits sadly.

''Sorry Young-bae,'' I say apologetically.

''I guess Seung-hyun won't be going to the field trip either,'' Young-bae says.

''How do you know that?,'' I ask.

''Well, he's not here, I bet he heard the announcement though. Besides, I know he wouldn't go on field trips, I can clearly see it's not his thing,'' Young-bae says nonchalantly. ''Anyways, I have to pack now, I'll see you tomorrow morning before we leave! By the way, just be careful around Seung-hyun,'' he says, and kisses me on the cheek, shocking me, again. Why does Young-bae think that Seung-hyun's dangerous?

He leaves and I think about the kiss. I HAVE to confess to Young-bae that I don't like him, in that way, I just see him as a close friend.

''You're staying too?'' a husky voice asks. I turn around seeing Seung-hyun carrying a backpack with books.

''Uhh.. yeah, I guess,'' I say.

''Which subject do you have an F in?'' he asks.

''History, and you?'' I ask.

''No F's, I'm a straight A student,'' he admits.

''Then why aren't you going on the trip?'' I ask curiously.

''Not my thing,'' he simply says. I slowly nod. Silence.

''I can assist you with the History, if you want to,'' he offers, breaking the silence.

''Wow, you would do that? Sure I'd love some help, history is not my thing,'' I admit.

''3PM at the library tomorrow,'' he says. I smile, dropping my bracelet on the grass, I bend to pick it up. I suddenly remember when Young-bae warned me about Seung-hyun. I straighten myself and ask; ''Hey, do you and Young-bae have something against each other?'' Looking up, I see he's already gone.

I really hate it when he does that.