Dark past

Entangled by Love

*Seung-hyun

 

We arrive at the school's flowery balcony, I close the glassdoor behind us and Mina sits down on a chair, looking at the flowers. I put my hand on my forehead and the other on my hip, thinking how I'm going to tell her about it. I take a few deep breaths before I start, I just want to get it over with. Alright, here we go.

''I woke up today, completely not remembering what I did yesterday afternoon. I just remembered that I needed to tell you about my past, to get rid of something that concerns me. As I heard you talking on the phone with him about me, I got infuriated, at both of you. What do you both want from me? You mentioned that I had... bipolar disorder, and you wanted to help me? Sure, help me, but I don't want his help, as he's the one responsible for what made me into this kind of person, a person who shut his feelings off and push people away coldly,'' I say, looking at the horizon, not wanting to meet her eyes.

''Seung-hyun, what did Young-bae do to you?'' she asks, her voice trembling. I close my eyes for a while, getting a flashback of the incident.

''You may think that I'm the bad guy, but trust me, it's your boyfriend who is. Whenever you're together with Young-bae, I never let my sight avert from you. He told you to stay away from me, right? He wants you to hate me, Mina, so you could be his forever. You don't know what he's planning to do with you,'' I say warningly. By the look of her, I can tell she's frightened.

''When I was in high school, I had a girlfriend, Hwang Min Ah, who was my everything and we were destined to be together. One night, I was at the hospital because I hurt my ribs at a soccer match. Min Ah was on her way, walking as she didn't have a license yet. While we were on the phone I told her not to come, as it's not safe to be alone outside in the middle of the night., but she didn't budge and kept her words.

Suddenly I hear a car pulling up in the background, then a male voice. The male voice demanded Min Ah to get in the car, not knowing she was on the phone, thinking she was just listening to music. I shout at her to run, but apparently her earphones fell. I heard her refusing... and then screams. I wanted to get out of the hospital and find her. There was a loud bang as her phone fell onto the ground. I could hear more voices in the background, shouting for the male voice to hurry up, that was when I heard Young-bae's name. After that, all I could hear was the car reversing and accelerating down the road, and then silence.

The next day, Min Ah's name was all over the media. She was taken away by an anonymous gang of four men to an unknown area and got... defiled by them. She managed to escape from them. They didn't give up and started to hunt her down, not letting her get away from them. Min Ah was exhausted, crying and worn out. Before the gang got hold of her she decided to jump into the river and drown herself, she didn't resurface after that.

I tried my best to get the police to arrest the gang, since I knew who they were. I failed, every time. The police told me there weren't any evidence or traces at the crime scenes that were leading to them. They even doubted that high schoolers were capable of doing this kind of things, only older men are capable of it. They didn't believe me. I gave up and that was when I turned my feelings off and started to push people away from me. Of course, he and his gang doesn't know that I know. I never thought he would do such a thing, my best friend who was like a brother to me. So, I decided to let you in, Mina. I want to protect you from him. You have to be careful around him,'' I warn.

Mina doesn't lift her head up, her gaze is fixed on her shaking hands. I see something wet falling down to her hands, tears. She sniffs and lets out short, ragged breaths. I can't bear the sight anymore, so I approach her and sit down beside her, wrapping her in my arms tightly. I haven't had body contact with anyone for such a long time, but it feels... pleasant. Mina rests her head on my chest and cries silently. We stay like that for about 10 minutes. I get relieved as Mina starts to talk again.

''Thank you, Seung-hyun,'' she whispers. I smile, for the actual first time. I feel like my old self again for a moment.

''We have to do something, I'm very scared. Your former girlfriend and I almost have the same names even,'' she says.

''Don't be scared. I bet he'll come find you as soon as he gets back. Whatever you think, you won't be alone with him, even if you think you are. I'll always be there watching over you,'' I assure.

''He thinks I'm his girlfriend,'' she says quietly.

''Don't worry about that, I got it all worked out. Let me set the plan,'' I say. She smiles warmly at me. Our gazes are locked onto each others, I slowly cup her cheeks and lean in to her, our lips finally meeting. As light as a feather.

I won't let anything happen to her.

 

Intriguing or not intriguing? I got so pissed when I saw that my saving was gone so I had rewrite some paragraphs again, so it might seem less than before and not so much detailed -.- I promise to make it much longer on the next update which is up on Friday, 18th January! Waaah! I'm so happy that Seung-hyun finally found love again! I can't write romantic scenes, I really can't T_T Hope you guys are looking forward to the update! Happy reading!

Waaah! T.O.P, why must you be so... perfect?! *O*

kisstop1.jpg?w=500