A Few More Minutes

Secret Angel

 

That was the last time I saw Sooyoung that Christmas. During the vacation, I met up with some old friends from middle school and hung out with them most of the time.  Changmin was there too.

I didn’t go to the Chapel as well. I didn’t mention it to Changmin that I actually know where Sooyoung goes to church every Sunday. Trust me, I think its for my own benefit. Bleh.

I read the entries of the journal every night before sleeping. Some entries proved that Sooyoung could be Secret Angel and some doesn’t seem to be like Sooyoung at all. It seemed to be a very different person.

 

December 28.

The weather was still cold. Winter wasn’t over yet and it looks like New Year won’t be so joyous because of the snow storm coming up.

10:00 am. It was a little bit late when I woke up but I still wanted to cuddle with my thick blankets, and I did. I decided to go back to sleep when loud footsteps came from the living room to the door of my bedroom. The door swung open and I could see from underneath my blanket.

“Cho Kyuhyun, what in the world are you doing lying down at this time during a very wonderful day?” I heard Changmin. Was he angry or…?

“I am going to go on a New Year’s Eve date with Sooyoung!!!”

“What?” I sad, narrowing my eyes at the tall guy.

Changmin bent down to my eye-level with a happy grin. “Yah! Wake up Kyuhyun! This is really important you know!” Changmin shouted. He pulled down my covers, leaving it cold on the floor and pulled me – by the collar – to his face. “Kyuhyun-ah… Help me.” Changmin pouted. “Please…”

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I hate this guy. I really do.

“Fine…” I whispered. “Now put me down or else I’ll kick your front.” I said.

Changmin then voluntarily put me back to my bed. “My blankets.” I pointed the sheets and he immediately got them in his hands and gave it to me. I moved the covers to my said as if I was going to fold them when I laid it on top of me and went back to bed. “Wait for one hour more.” And then I closed my eyes and shut my every senses.

“YAH CHO KYUHYUN!!!”

 

It was 1:00pm already when I finally gave in to Changmin’s request.

“Sooo…” I said looking down on the floor with a very awkward face. We were sitting in a Japanese restaurant in the middle of the city.

“Come on, you’ve been dating Yoona for almost three years right? What do you usually do?”

Is this really happening? I mean Shim Max Changmin is asking some dating tips from me? “Wait. What happened to you? I mean are you really Max Changmin?”

Changmin gave me a soft punch on the shoulder. “Shut up. This is really embarrassing you know.”

“Then why are you doing it?” I said. I’m not really in the mood to this guy today. But he can’t really blame me, so I’m good. Hehe.

“Listen Sooyoung is really different from the girls I’ve dated before.”

“You’ve never dated anyone seriously before.” I cut him off.

“That’s the point.” He defended. “I’ve never dated anyone seriously but this time I want to.”

I frowned. “You want to what?”

“Be serious.” Changmin replied shortly. He stared at me blankly from across the table. There was something in his eyes that told me that he was serious. He sighed. “I mean, it sounds totally not me,”

“Hell yeah.” I said, teasing.

“But Sooyoung’s really something different. She’s pretty, she’s funny and she’s talented. I mean what could a guy ask more?” it was something in Changmin’s eyes that spoke the truth. And his look stabbed me.

It hurt. So bad.

 

 

7:26 pm. December 29.

 

“Will you stop it Changmin?” I shrugged as Changmin held my arms tightly distracting me from my game of warcraft. I mean really, could this guy get more annoying? It’s been like – how many months, 5? – since I last played with this thing. I don’t really like Changmin right now. He’s so uncool!

“What if she doesn’t like me?”

Then a chance for me.

“I don’t know. How the heck would I know?” I said, eyeing my character on the screen. “Trust me Changmin, any girl would die just to date you. You’re like a school god in case you’ve forgot.”

“Really? Did you really mean that?”

Gay. Gosh. Really?

I nodded.

“What time did you say you’d meet at the park?” I asked Changmin who was pacing back and forth in my bedroom. “Quit it Max! You’re acting like a kid!”

“I know. Aaah! It’s just that I’m freaking out. And I don’t know why.” He checked his watch. “And I told her to meet me at the park at eight thirty.”

You should really go now. You don’t want a girl to wait. Especially on your first date.

“You still have lots of time. Breathe Shim.”

Changmin sat still on my bed. Pale and sweating. He didn’t say anything for at least five-to-ten minutes because he was even barely breathing. I tell you, this is like really my first time seeing a guy acting like this towards a girl. And to think that we’re talking about Shim Max Changmin here. It was just epic. XD

After a few more minutes, Changmin was able to sleep on my bed. I left my warcraft game and proceeded to my bookshelf. I scanned the books and found an old-looking notebook. Yeah. My favorite thing to read.

I just need one entry that will strongly prove to me that Sooyoung really is Secret Angel. If I could see that one entry then we’ll be all done. No more low profile. I might even forget my relationship with Changmin… or not.

I opened the page to where I stopped reading last time.

 

December 29

A few more minutes until the end of the year. A few more minutes and I’ll be able to confess my feelings for Changmin. I can do it. I have to. Because I don’t have any other time left. And I don’t think after this, I wont have any other strength left either.

I’ll be sure to do it.

Secret Angel

 

Well, way to go. I wanted evidence and I get this. 

 

Author's Note: Hii~ How are you guys? Valentines' day is almost near and i was wondering on what to do on that day. AND! My birthday is also coming up! I wonder what I'll get from you guys! keke~ Kidding!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will do my best to post another one tonight... :D