Happy Birthday

Secret Angel

 

February 3.

I stared at the white ceiling of my bedroom. I stared at the clock beside my table and covered my face. It was still 7:00 am. Too early to get up.

But then I remembered that Sooyoung wanted me to accompany her to somewhere today. I’m really excited too. She was never the one to ask me some favor. So there I was changing my clothes so very early in the morning and trying to look my best since I already considered it as a date.

For some reason, I thought that the house was either dark or my eyes were just blurry. As I went down the staircase, I instantly heard the tune, Happy Birthday in a very soothing and low tempo. It was Victoria who came out first holding a cake with a small candle on it.

Then came Changmin with sparkling lights.

And then Sooyoung with her wonderful and bright smile that seemed to be brighter than the candle on the cake.

That was when I realized what today was. February third. Today’s the day when I first came into this world. I can’t believe it. I actually forgot my own birthday. How stupid of me.

The three of them were singing Happy Birthday and then Victoria came closer with the cake. “Blow it already Kyu!!” She shouted.

“Make a wish first!” Sooyoung seconded.

Okay. Then my wish would be this.

 I wish that I would finally be able to tell Sooyoung that I already know who Secret Angel is. And I hope that Changmin wouldn’t change his treatment towards me when he finds out. I hope everyone will be happy from now on…

After blowing the candle, Changmin came with his tablet and viewed a smiling Im Yoona on the screen. “Happy Birthday Kyu!” she shouted blissfully.

“Thanks” Really. I can’t believe this. They actually remembered and I didn’t.

“The surprise was Sooyoung’s idea. And I was Changmin’s idea.” Yoona said, grinning from ear-to-ear.

I didn’t mind at all. I loved it. It was thanks to these people that I can experience birthdays even with the absence of my parents and sister. I was very thankful to them.

After eating the cake and the amount of food prepared by the three we were sitting in our living room with our stomachs full and our mouths numb.

“Kyaaaa!~ I am so full.” Changmin groaned while melting into a seat.

Sooyoung was rubbing her flat tummy and exclaiming the same thing. “I didn’t know Victoria could cook so well. She’s better than Siwon-oppa.”

Victoria was still in the kitchen doing the dishes and all, but she still heard the words. “Of course I do. I am the best cook in China!”

“Thanks guys.” I said, trying not to break the happy atmosphere.

Changmin sat up straight. “Kyuhyun, it’s alright, don’t cry.”

“Shut up Max…”

The three of them were laughing like little kids over a joke. I love my friends. As my mind dozed off somewhere I don’t know; Victoria called out for me in the kitchen.

“Hey Kyu can you come over here for a minute?” as I stood up, everyone seemed to be a little awkward. I hated awkward moment. So I tried to loosen up a bit.

“Max, you want to play Starcraft today? I’ll beat you to it for sure…” I said, pausing just behind him.

“Faster Cho Kyuhyun!” Victoria shouted, his tone almost intense.

What the heck is going on? This is confusing.

As I went near Victoria she turned around with her oh-so-scary stare that she never took off me. She leaned against the sink with her arms crossed in front of her chest, her right eyebrow raised. “What’s wrong?”

She only gestured to turn around as well.

I didn’t know what to feel when I saw Changmin standing in front of Sooyoung. It was like the whole world stopped and then suddenly everything just exploded. It was like the sound of a broken glass when Changmin took one of Sooyoung’s hand.

Everything was numb. He hated it. He wanted to punch Changmin and tell him that he saw her first in the Church and that he thought that she was cute and that he was impressed by her playing. He wanted to shout at Changmin and grab Sooyoung in an embrace.

But as he went to take a step towards them, Victoria blocked her way. She turned her head and gave him a look. “Wha--?” he muttered desperately. Why doesn’t Victoria want to help him?

“Not today.”

 

What?

 

“I like you… Sooyoung…” Changmin muttered, his eye glued on Sooyoung.

“Changmin-sshi…” Sooyoung replied.

 

This is not happening. Why? Oh no.

 

“I like someone else right now Changmin-sshi. I’m sorry…” she paused and looked down. Then continued, “But I would still love it if we could still be friends.”

Changmin looked down, defeated. “Thank you though.”

 

So, she likes someone right now huh. This is really something. And I hoped she liked me as well.

 

 

“I’ll walk you home, Sooyoung-sshi…” Changmin offered, still smiling.

Sooyoung nodded. “We’ll be heading out first okay?” she called out to Victoria and I who were busy arguing in the kitchen.

“Oh. Sure. Thank you for today guys!” I shouted. I wanted to say something to Changmin but the stares Victoria was giving me was telling me to just shut up. “Thanks guys.” I muttered again.

“Call you later Kyu.” Changmin said. Well, that really surprised me though.

“Yeah” I muttered.

 

A few minutes after the both of them had gone out; Victoria finally spoke about what happen.  She was placing the glasses on the cabinet. “You should’ve seen your face earlier. “

“Ugh… Well, that did surprise me.” I said, laughing off my embarrassment. Victoria is really good when it comes to these things. I like that in her.

“But you sure were relieved when she said she liked someone…” she smiled. “There’s a chance that that someone was you, you know.”

“If that’s the case then this would be my best birthday yet.” I smiled at myself. “But then, she allowed Changmin to walk her home… What does that mean?”

“I don’t know. Maybe she likes him as a friend?” Victoria said, propping her whole body against the breakfast nook. “Don’t worry Kyu… Changmin doesn’t have a chance.”

“Are you saying that to comfort me or just because you don’t like seeing Changmin with other girls?”

Victoria smiled and went near me. She stood in front of me and cupped my face before leaning in. Trust me, I don’t want any of those surprise kisses from Victoria just like on New Year’s  Eve…

But then the next thing I saw was a sharp knife pointed at me. “This will be your bloodiest birthday yet if you keep on teasing me Cho Kyuhyun.” She said with a very deadly smile painted all over her face.

Help.

 

---

Changmin looked defeated that night in front of Yoona on the screen. He was agonizing over something in front of his sister and the latter was clearly hearing his pain. “I can’t believe it. Sooyoung likes him…”

 

-------

Author's Note: AYO READERS!!!! Kekekeke.... in case you guys are wondering why my chapters are getting more boring than the latest well it's because I am currently distracted with Sooyoungness right now XD kyahahaha!!!

I've been drop dead excited over her newest drama and like I still can't watch episodes with subs so I'll still be waiting until my life ends... Gosh. This is upsetting. Also, I've read an article about IU and Eunhyuk trying to gt married this October and there was also an article saying Kai was rushed to the hospital and I also saw a video proving that Yesing and Jiyeon are together! What in the world is happening to the KPOP industry!!! 

Weeeeelll~~ That's me, being a Sone and an ELF and an EXOTICS and generally being an SMtowner... XD Just don't me... :3

Anyways, I hoped you enjoy the update! Comments are loved so please let me hear your thoughts about the chapters! Kamsahamnida!!! SNSD fighting! <3