Choices and The New Girl

Secret Angel

“What do you mean there’s no Summer enrolled here?” I almost shouted at my phone.

“Yeah, sorry. I already checked the student’s master list but really, not a single Summer.” Yesung, a friend of mine from the Student Council said.

“Thanks anyways Hyung.” I said. “Well, I’m hanging up now…”

“Wait!” I paused. I placed my phone back to my ear and listened. “Maybe it’s Summer isn’t her Korean name. Maybe that girl has a Korean name that you don’t know about.”

That’s right! Stupid! Cho Kyuhyun! You’re so stupid!

“Hyung! Thanks a lot!”

“No problem, but you better explain to me why you’re looking for some girl exactly. What happened with Yoona? Don’t tell me that you’re cheating on her!”

“No…No… Of course I’m not hyung.”

“Well, that better be true. I’m keeping my eye on you.”

“Yeah, sure.”

And then I hung up.

I wasn’t sure myself whether I’m really just curious or I like this, Summer, girl.

Well, anyways, I have to keep on searching. I need to know this girl. I just have to.

“Kyu!” Changmin’s voice called out from outside the office. He was some kind of excited. I don’t know why but I guessed to check it out was better than being drowned with misery over some unknown writer.

“Yeah?” I opened the door and scratched my head. I saw Changmin grinning from ear to ear in front of me. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just know this person who really likes to write and she wants to be a part of the school paper.” He answered.

“Oh really?” I asked and he nodded. “Where is this friend of yours?”

“Well, she’s not really a friend but only an acquaintance of mine. Well, she’s someone from the other section and I happened to see her report on English. And I kind of liked it so I want you to scout for her. You know, recruit her in joining the school paper?”

I leaned against the door jam with both of my arms crossed in front of my chest. “I thought joining the school paper was the girl’s idea? Then why did you say just now that you want me to recruit her? Recruiting and recommending are two different things Min.” Changmin can be a really bad liar.

“Well, she’s hot…”

I laughed at that. Wow, she’s hot? “She’s hot you say?” he nodded.

“Come on, please Kyu?”

“Well, I’ll try. I mean, we did agree to hold a screening for those who wanted to join.”

Changmin said a big ‘yes!’ “Thanks Kyu, you’re the best.” Changmin waved as he hopped away with a smile. And before he was completely out of my sight, he turned around and shouted, “Good luck on finding that Secret Angel!”

That kid is really confusing sometimes. The other day he was threatening to kill me if I didn’t stayed loyal to his sister and now he’s all supportive and stuff. Well… how about that?

 

 

“Hello?”

“Kyuhyun?” Yoona’s voice came through the other line. it was 1:00 am in the morning. I don’t know why she called but it sounded important. “I can’t sleep. Something keeps on bothering me.”

“What? What’s wrong?”

“I got scouted in a fashion institute outside of the country. What do you think I should do? Should I accept their offer?”

My heartbeat rose. I was frightened. But I don’t know why. I stood up from my bed and the table light. “Well, what do you think? Do you like their offer? And when did this happen?”

“Well, they gave me a call yesterday and they said they’d give me a three year contract.”

“You should really need to think about it.” Was all I could say to her. I didn’t know what to do myself. But I knew one thing for sure, if she’s happy, I know that I’ll be happy as well.

“Kyu?”

“Mmh?”

“I love you.” She said.

“I love you.”

Do I have a choice? I don’t think I’ll ever have the guts to say no to that offer. I mean, Yoona has worked so hard for that contract. I don’t think its fair for her if she’ll decline the offer.

“Yoona. You’ll have to think it over yourself. But if you’d ask me, I’d definitely want you to go, you deserve it.” I said before hanging up.

 

“EEHH?!” Yuri, Hyoyeon and Jessica – Yoona’s best friends – sang in unison once they heard the breaking news about Yoona.

“Yah! I-Im Yoona! Why didn’t she tell us? That sneaky little kid!” Hyoyeon whined like a little kid, pouting her lips cutely.

“This is a really good opportunity for her you know, we should at least support her Hyoyeon.” Jessica suggested. Yuri nodded while listening as well.

“Well, what did you say to her Kyu?” Yuri almost immediately changed her mood. “Did you tell her to go?”

I nodded. And then all of them shrieked. “Isn’t that romantic!” Jessica said while clasping Yuri’s hand in hers.

“I really think that she should go.” I said, disturbing them from their fantasies. And immediately after I finished, they faced me like I was some kind of serial killer.

Being the toughest one, Hyoyeon crunched her fists. “Well, what will you do when Yoong’s gone then Kyu?”

“Of course. I’ll talk to her everyday.”

“Hyoyeon, Kyuhyun and Yoona have been dating for almost two years now, they’re stronger than ever. Nothing is going to happen, I know because I trust Kyuhyun.” Jessica paused to see Hyoyeon and Yuri’s reaction and the turned to me – and with a slight change in personality. “We can trust you Kyuhyun, can’t we?”

I surrendered. “Of course.”

“Well, you better keep that word or else…” Yuri said, standing up from her seat.

I was about to rebut but Yoona arrived. “Well, what are you three girls doing with my boyfriend?” she kissed me on the cheek and faced her friends.

“We already know Yoong.” Hyoyeon broke the immediate silence.

“We’re so proud of you!” Jessica dove in for a hug, followed by Yuri, then Hyoyeon.

“Thanks guys.” Yoona managed to say in the middle of the hug.

“Uhm… excuse me?” a sweet voice called out from afar. I shifted my gaze towards the voice and saw a familiar face. “Are you Cho Kyuhyun? Shim Changmin-sshi, told me you wanted me to write in the school paper?”

.

.

.

.

.

My mind was blank. As I remembered Changmin’s favor and the name of this person, I almost lost my mind.

“Yes?”

 

Author's Note: 

Hello everyone! I have finished this chapter a long time ago but I didn't have to post it online so sorry!!

:) Anyways, I really hope that more can subscribers. Please help me in spreading this story! :D Hehe. Thanks! I hope you enjoy this story because I will be putting my heart into this story! Kamsahamnidaaa!~ :D :D