Friends and Enemies

Secret Angel

 

“We spent New Year’s Eve together.” Victoria answered.

Was it just me, or Sooyoung sounded jealous? Keke. Sorry Max. I just don’t know why I even try to prevent her from noticing me. It’s just that…it comes naturally after all.

“You spent New Year’s Eve together? That couldn’t be possible. Kyuhyun was at his apartment.” Sooyoung insisted, shaking her head.

There it goes. Cho Kyuhyun for the win.

“Nope. He went to the restaurant where I work. I even remember you being there.” Victoria calmly answered.

By this time, Sooyoung was burning. I couldn’t say it myself as well, but I think she is jealous. I like it.

“Cho Kyuhyun-sshi? I’ll be taking pictures of the contestants over there. You can chat with your friend here while I do that okay?” Sooyoung said, gripping it hard on the Nikon camera.

She took a step forward and so did I. I didn’t want to leave my partner alone on a duty like this. But she thought otherwise. She turned around and pointed at me, cursing through gritted teeth, “Dare you follow me, and I will definitely eat you both alive.”

She’s jealous all right.

“Okay then…” I said, holding my laugh.

“Is… she… okay?” Victoria said, her innocent eyes beaming brightly at me. She took her jacket off now, showing off a well-toned figure. Her skin was white; whiter than Sooyoung’s but tanner than Yoona’s.

*oh and just so you know, I know how Yoona’s skin looks because I’ve dated her for two and a half years and that we’ve gone to beaches and all and she would wear her beachwear. And as for Sooyoung… I just know.

She wore blue tights – quite the contrary to the color of her red jacket. It covered her neck line until her wrists and only showed one of her legs. The other was covered whole. What a shame.

“What do you think?” She turned around, showing me the whole attire.

I nodded. “You look… fit…” I paused after saying it, thinking if it was the accurate words.

She sighed and stared, folding her arms in front of her chest. “You like her do you?”

That surprised me. “I’m sorry what?” I said.

“You like that girl.” She pointed to Sooyoung, her face emotionless – or rather, irritated at her assumption. Hell. I am so handsome right now.

“Maybe. Maybe not. Why do you ask?”

“Why won’t you answer?” Victoria smirked. She’s scary. “Anyways, I got to go now. You should go to your photographer. She’s burning over there.” Victoria ran towards the other contestants who were probably warming up.

I stared at her direction as my feet wandered to look for Sooyoung. She’s a really mischievous kid. I like it. When I bumped into something thin and weak, I realized it was already Sooyoung. I looked at her and she turned around to look at the contestants. Really. What’s wrong with this girl?

“Hey. Let’s go over there.” I heard Sooyoung point to the other contestants. “Better write something good about this.”

“Of course I will. Come on.”

Okay. That was kind of awkward.

And so was the whole day. She and I were tasked to cover the basketball and the track and fields competitions as well since we finished early. I found it okay and she didn’t decline as well. I followed wherever she went and she just kept silent the whole time.

 

Evening came, and we reported back to the office. Kim Junsu, the editor wanted a summary of the winning teams and individuals who we covered for the day. Sooyoung stood up and went to her computer leaving me to do the summarizing.

“Okay then… The in the gymnastics, all categories were won by Song Victoria. The basketball was one by the seniors lead by Jung Yunho. And with regards to the track and field, the juniors took the over-all gold led by Choi Minho…” I said to him, giving him a piece of paper with all the information.

“Thanks. Great work you too.” He stood up. “Sooyoung took awesome pictures today too so you better write something good about today Kyuhyun.” He placed his arms on his hips and leaned on one foot. He sighed before his phone rang.

“Ah, yes. Hi. Okay. Okay. Yes. Yes. Okay then. See you.” He closed his phone and turned to us again. “I’ll be going first. My girlfriend wants to go to the movies, I need to take her. Oh and Kyuhyun, if I wont be able to come back tomorrow, you know where to find me.” He laughed before disappearing immediately.

 

Minutes later, I went to get a coffee for the both of Sooyoung and I. she never took her eyes off her computer ever since Junsu left. I asked her if she wanted to drink coffee, she just shouted yes.

 I just don’t get her sometimes.

On my way to the vending machines, I saw Victoria again. She was talking to someone. As went nearer to the machine, her voice started to crack. She sniffed and started shouting. I kept silent, holding both of the hot coffee.

“I hate you.”

Victoria ran away from whoever she was talking. She sounded hurt. I wanted to go to her and comfort her and be her ear. I peeked at the guy who she was talking to but then he was facing the other direction. I could only see the back view of his head.

Familiar.

I tried to look for Victoria but I couldn’t find her anywhere. When I reached the hallway to the office, I saw Sooyoung standing outside the door, as if waiting for me.

“Where have you been?” she said. Okay. She’s in a bad mood again?

“Nothing. Sorry it was just that I saw someone on my way and, yeah…” I said, lowering my voice. “Here” I handed her, her coffee. She took it silently and went back inside the office.

Inside, her computer has been shut down and everything was neat and tidy. Her bag was packed and was ready to go. I followed her as she sat on the couch on the lounge and placed my coffee on the table.

“What’s up with you today?” I asked her, gluing my eyes on my coffee. I fidgeted with the rim of the cup as I spoke to her.

“Eh? Why?” she said, sounding puzzled and clueless.

I looked at her, and she didn’t even hesitate to look away. “Why are you so silent today? I even thought you were in a pretty bad mood.”

“Yes. I was.” She said while smiling. She raised her coffee and took a sip from it. Bitter.

 

Okay, I’m not assuming – let’s say I am – that she’s jealous of me being so utterly close with Victoria but come on, don’t you think she’s getting overboard? She should really say something if she’s not feeling well or anything.

“Why?” I finally asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. It just happened.” She smiled at me again. “Don’t worry about me.” She ticked her tongue. “I’ll get over it.” She stood up and grabbed the sling of her bag and looked at her watch. “You’re not going yet?”

I shook my head, smiling. Now this is the Sooyoung I like. “I’ll re-read my drafts first before I leave.”

“Okay then. Bye. See you tomorrow.”

And just like that, I was alone again.

 

Its been a while since I last checked out the contents. So I decided to read it after editing my first few drafts of my articles.

I opened the diary to read some good stuff again and noticed that there was a flipped page in the middle. I opened the page and read the entry.

January 18.

I saw Shim Changmin walking towards the office of the School Publication. His sister’s boyfriend was there. I think they are close. I wondered how Changmin acted with his friends. I wondered if ever I’ll be able to hang out with him someday.

Oh yeah. My sister told me she liked the boyfriend of Changmin’s sister. I just told her to keep quite since she’ll be going head-to-head with Im Yoona. That’s dangerous.

My sister will be left alone sooner or later. I’m sad. But I really love her. I love them both, Changmin and her.

Secret Angel

 

Funny. This is the first time she mentioned about a sister. Hmmm.

 

----

Author's Note: And here id my second update for the day! Wahahaha! I'm really having fun in making this fanfic. I really think, this will be my best storyline so far. XD Please please wait for the next chapters! I will do my best to post an update today as well! :D

Please comment and subscribe! ^_^ I will really appreciate it! Kamsahamnida! :D