Friends Again

Secret Angel

 

 “So, how’s it going with your Secret Angel?” Victoria said grinning while entering the room.  I told her everything about Secret Angel and surprisingly, she took it pretty well.

I didn’t talk to Sooyoung about it yet, nor Changmin, nor Yoona.

Changmin was getting really worked up on Sooyoung as well. He has been doing extra effort with Sooyoung. I on the other hand am just staying silent for the mean time since I don’t know on how to break it all to them. Honestly, Victoria has been the only one with me up until now. Yoona hasn’t been calling either and well, Sooyoung… Sooyoung has gotten even prettier since January 30th.

She has gotten more feminine, more blooming, more charming as days passed. I rarely went to church but I could really see her change every time I see her. she has been kinder to me as well. Which was good.

 

“I don’t know. What do you think I should do?” I asked Victoria who was holding the journal.

She walked and sat in front of my seat in the lobby, “Confess.”

“Eh?” I shrieked, hasty about Victoria’s blunt suggestion.

“Why? What’s wrong with confessing? I mean, you already know everything right? You know who the owner is and who the dead one is. You know why she died and

She got a point. But it is still blurry. “Confessing might break a lot of relationships Victoria. I mean, my relationship with Changmin is at stake here.” I argued calmly.

“I don’t know with you but, if I were to choose on your next move, I’d do what’s best. And what’s right.”

“If I’d known any better, I’d say you’re just jealous of Sooyoung being with Changmin…” I teased smirking at her.

She didn’t turn to me and just retaliated, “And you’re not?”

Ouch. That was something. Victoria just went out of the office.

 

I stared at the empty pages of the journal. The last entry was dated on January 29th. I pondered on what to do next with the notebook but nothing came out.

And with that, before leaving the office, I decided to wait. Wait for something to happen. For things to turn around. Besides, I know everything already. I understood. So, what is there to loose?

 

The next day, I saw Changmin waiting outside the office. When he saw me he didn’t smile or anything. As I arrived next to him, he stared at me. “Yah. Can I talk to you somewhere?”

“Sure. What’s it about?” I asked settling my force unto one leg.

“Not here.” He walked pass by me. “Come on.”

 

Changmin lead me to the rooftop. This guy. He’s like an anime character or something. He wants to be alone and cool and mysterious. And he likes the rooftop a lot too. That, I don’t know why.

“I saw Victoria with you the other day. What’s your deal with her?”

“Oh yeah. About that, I was about to ask you…”

“Don’t come near her. She’ll just hurt you and play with you… If you’re planning on hitting on her then you should just pick another targe—“

“Woah… I’m not hitting and her… and she said that you two were together back in middle school…”

Changmin hissed. “She told you that?” his voice was almost angry.

“Why are you shouting at me?” I said defensive. “What’s wrong with me knowing? And besides, she told me you were the one who left her, why is that?”

Changmin didn’t answer. He was upset, I was sure about that. And whatever it was that happened to them, I’m sure it’s something that I shouldn’t be meddling with… it’s just that I am just concerned especially that both of them are my friends.

“I wasn’t sure of how I felt towards her.” Changmin said, looking down at the ground. “When she confessed to me, I was so happy that I agreed to date her without considering my own feelings. I know it was foolish but if I never broken up with her, the one who’d be suffering right now would be me… and Victoria will just get played by me. That would be more pitiful…”

Wow. Who could have thought that Changmin turned out to be a really great person?

“But Victoria really hates you right now.” I said.

“Yeah… I just wished she’d forgive me by now. I mean it’s been how many years already.”

“You should be the one to ask her forgiveness you know.”

 

“Yeah, that’s right. You should say sorry.” A familiar voice spoke. Changmin and I immediately turned around to see the owner of the voice. “Hi.” A grinning Victoria greeted us at the door.

“Vic…” Changmin grumbled. He was speechless while staring at Victoria. He was obviously nervous. More nervous than when he was going to ask Sooyoung out on a date.

“Finally… I am able to know the real reason why you left me all alone. You know you should have just said so… I’m really okay with anything as long as you say it in front of my face.” Victoria strode towards us, her hands crossed across her chest and with a very threatening smile.

“Sorry.” Was all that Changmin can say. He was still looking down, feeling guilty or something.

“Shim Changmin…” Victoria paused in front of him. “Look up.” The former looked up at her and stared. “I forgive you. Let’s be friends already.”

With a smile, Victoria hugged the defeated Changmin and laughed. “You look like a poor kid whose candy got stolen.” She teased.

Wow. I have just witnessed a historical make up with the two of my scariest friends. I’m honored. As I enjoyed the view of the two, I looked down at the field below. I saw a familiar face running around with some friends and with a smile painted on her face.

So now that the tension between Victoria and Changmin has cleared out, I think it’s my turn to clean the dirt. I placed my hands in my pocket and stared at the smiling face beneath us.

I guess I could wait for some time. Everyone here will need that. Especially her.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys!! This is soooo bad. I don't know know what to write next!!! Guys! Help >.< Anyways, please enjoy the update :)