Friendly Goodbyes

Secret Angel

 

“I met the girl already you know.” I said as Changmin paced back and forth in front of me. “I know her.” Changmin paused and waited for me to continue. “She plays viola in a nearby chapel.”

“Eh?” Changmin said, apparently a little shocked at the fact.

I nodded. “What a small world. I can’t believe it. You’re actually in love with her?”

“I’m not in love with her you know.” Changmin pouted looking side ways. He blew the bangs covering his eyes and sighed. “I just think that she’s really pretty.”

“Really… Now that’s interesting. I mean, you don’t usually acknowledge the beauty of a girl unless they give you tons of food.” I said, teasing the tall guy.

“Shut up Kyu…” Changmin shrugged. After a moment of silence, Changmin changed the topic silently. “So, how’s that search for the owner of the diary?”

Now that topic is interesting. “Well, I found a little clue.”

Changmin stood up straight, intrigued at the idea. “What clue is it?”

I got up to show Changmin the diary. I opened the cover and flipped the secret paper pasted to the front page and pointed out the word ‘Summer’.

“Her name is Summer.” I paused, giving my excited little heart a break. “Well, I think her name is Summer.”

“Wait, I thought her name is Secret Angel?” my tall friend traced the ink.

“I think her pen name is Secret Angel.” I confirmed. “But I also think, that Summer is another pen name of hers as well.”

“That’s really something isn’t it?” Changmin sighed for the last time and placed the journal on the desk of the monitor and walked out of the room. “I’ll see you later Kyu.”

“Yeah… See you.”

 

I’m happy today. It’s so cold yet I’m feeling so happy. Maybe it’s because I was finally able to talk to him, to Changmin-oppa. His voice was so lean and masculine. He was such a nice guy. He even invited me to lunch. But I had to go already. It was such a waste.

I’m just so happy. Thank you for today God.

Secret Angel

 

So Changmin talked to her already? I mean, they’ve actually met? Talk about luck.

As I closed the journal, I saw Yoona running towards the door of the office since I left the door open. “Kyuhyun!” she shouted happily.

“Hi Yoong.” I smiled as she hugged me in my seat. “What’s up?”

Yoona stood up straight and looked me in the eyes. I knew something was up. “I thought about it already.”

“Yeah?”

“I’m leaving for New York tomorrow.”

I didn’t know what to say. I was hurt, yes, but I didn’t know why I never said anything.

When Yoona told me that it was going to be hard for us that she didn’t want to hurt any of us, and that she was going to break up with me, I didn’t say or do anything. When I saw Yoona cry in front of me because she never knew that I didn’t deserve the break up because I was a good boyfriend, I didn’t object nor spoke a single word. When I saw the tears on Yoona’s cheeks, I didn’t cry with her, I didn’t even wipe the tears away. I just, I just did nothing.

Nothing.

 

That’s why I was beaten up by Changmin that night. When I was about to leave school and lock the office, I found Changmin standing up, his eyes filled with rage and anger. His hands were in firm fists and the next thing I knew, I was laying on the dirt beside him.

 “Yah, why didn’t you say anything?”

“Why?”

“What do you mean why?” Changmin was breathless but still he continued once he got up. “Yoona came home crying today and you ask me why? She told me that you didn’t stop her.”

I sat up and rubbed my swollen lips.

“Why? Why didn’t you do anything?”

 “I, I really don’t know. I mean, I didn’t, Gosh.” I lied back on the ground again crunching my head. “I don’t know okay? I mean, I tried to feel hurt but I just didn’t. I don’t know why. I don’t what’s gotten into me, I just.”

“You’re in love with that Secret Angel aren’t you?”

“What?”

“You’re crazy about Secret Angel. I mean, you always talk about her, you always read her notes and you… You have actually grown to like her. You, you’re in love with her.”

Bull’s eye.

“I’m not, in love with some kind of stranger.”

I think I’m not. I mean, she’s just some random strange girl who happens to write good stuff and well, NO. I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH HER.

And besides, saying that you’re in love with someone else to your ex girlfriend’s step brother can really be bad. “I’m not really into her.” I said.

“Listen… I think that breaking up was a good idea as well because I’m sure you guys wouldn’t be able to handle Long-Distance Relationships and well, I think that you can have pretty many rivals abroad. I mean, Yoona is a pretty lady.” Changmin said, brushing his uniform. “So, after tonight, we’re good.”

“So what was the beating for?” I said, confused, a little bit annoyed but I think I kind of deserve almost half of those punches.

Changmin offered me a hand. “I just wanted to be cool.”

Yeah. Right. You just want to be cool. As if you’re not.

 

The next morning, I didn’t expect a call from Yoona. Well, that is understandable since she did break up with me already.

“Hi. I just want to say goodbye.” She said.

“Yeah. You take care okay?” I sat down and faced my computer. I was supposed to write an article and it was due on today. The thing is, when Yoona called, my mind just seemed to be a blur. “Yoona?”

“Yes?” her voice was the same, like she was okay. Like no break-up happened.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. And I’m sorry because I’ve been a jerk recently. And I’m thinking that I might have deserved that break up.”

I heard her giggle. “Kyu, just because we broke up doesn’t mean we can’t be friends anymore, why are you being so apologetic? And besides, I’m going to the other side of the world remember? I’m --”

“Call me anytime.” I cut her mid-sentence. I don’t know whether it was guilt or not. Or if I did really love Yoona that much. “You can call me anytime you want Yoong.”

“Thanks Kyu. Goodbye.”

And that was the best goodbye scene in my entire life. Or so I thought…

 

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm really taking advantage of the free internet here right now so, I hope you like it :)