Homecoming

Secret Angel

“Good morning Kyuhyun…” Changmin greeted me so very early in the morning. I was out to the library that early morn when he came rushing towards me like a kid. Although he was panting and was running out of breathe, he still had the overflowing charisma girls would always drool over about him. Which is disgusting by the way, given the fact that I’m saying this to you.

“Hey Max. How’s Sooyoung?” I said thinking about the other day.

“I like someone else right now…”

“Well, she took my confession really seriously, that’s for sure.” Changmin sighed. But then came that smile of his. “But she told me that she had to give me credit for being upfront with my feelings to her. She also told me that I am one of those people whom she’d like to keep her whole life.” Changmin continued to walk along by side, and with another grin he continued, “She told me who that someone is though.”

My mind went psycho. Really now? She told Changmin.

“… She also said that I may have a chance on love myself since love is all about being honest.”

Really? Wow. Congratulations Max. Woohoo for you~

“Oh really? Congrats then.” I said, trying to hide my jealousness.

I sighed. So in the end, Changmin will still have his happy ending more so, he could still end up being with Sooyoung after all. And if that happens, I’ll be the lonely bastard that stares at them from a corner of the room feeling not slightly but really really jealous.

I shook my head. What the heck? Really Kyuhyun? That’s all you know? Pity you, idiot.

Changmin didn’t leave me alone until I reached the library. When he was sure that I could handle the job myself and didn’t need some extra hands he went away. (Changmin really seems to be acting strangely)

After I gathered the books that I needed, I stood up, and bid goodbye to the pretty assistant librarian who was busy smiling to some other students. She had these cute moon-shaped eyes when she smiled. Pretty. (Cough cough tiffany cough)

“Kyuhyun!” Someone familiar called me from behind and grabbed my shoulder. I was sure that if it was Changmin again this time, I would literally kick him in the face.

But it wasn’t Changmin though.

“Hey.” I stared at the chubby cheeks of Choi Sooyoung. She was smiling like heaven. She was pretty. Damn. She was beautiful. Her long brown hair was laid behind her and her cheeks were a brush of pink and red. She was like an angel. And as corny as it would sound, I couldn’t help but think if the world was still turning or the time just stopped for a bit. Really.

“Hey.” She replied. Oh just look at that beautiful smile. “Uhm… Are you free later?” she said, while fidgeting something behind her back.

I tried to arrange my luggage so that it would settle a bit. I peeked through the pile of books to see her. “If it’s anything important, I’d be glad to make time for that…” Nice move Kyuhyun~

Oh wait. “If it’s anything important?” that sounded like she herself isn’t that important to you, you dimwit!

Great.

“Oh… I see… I don’t think it’s anything important as well so…” she trailed off before giving a sigh. And did I just hear a hint of disappointment there? Great Kyuhyun. Just great.

“I’ll just borrow your time next time then… When you’re really not busy…” she finished with a smile.

Serves you right. I hate myself.

-_-

“No… really… Uhm…” I stuttered looking for the perfect excuse. “You see, my sister’s going to pay me a visit after school, she’s lives in Japan but she’s her for some business so she wants to see me… It’s not that important as well…” I faked a chuckle. Oh yeah.

She’s really blown off by your stupidity. What a go boy.

Fortunately, she smiled to that. Nice save. “Well I wouldn’t want to disturb your time with your sister so I guess next time will probably be better.” She smiled at me one last time and turned around. “See you next time then!”

“I’ll be waiting!” I shouted. Hoping that I didn’t sound to desperate.

 

“I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS! YOU BETTER EXPLAIN TO ME EVERYTHING THAT’S HAPPENING IN HERE CHO KYUHYUN OR ELSE I AM GOING TO KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!” A voice came from the other end of the line and apparently from somewhere over the arrival area of the big airport. I can’t believe this is happening as well.

I stood beside the car and waited for something hard to hit me. I waited. And waited. And waited some more.

And apparently something did hit me. Something really hard. A hard, leather purse.

“YAH! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOU AND YOONA SPLITTING UP?!”

Welcome back. Cho Ara.

 

 

I drove her to her favorite café as she requested. My sister was still mumbling and complaining of why I never told her the details. And probably I might have never wanted to tell her. Never.

I scratched my head and pouted. “You could’ve at least greeted me first before hitting me you know.”

“Well, you deserve it. For hiding something that big from your beloved sister.” She said, gesturing hands towards her chest for a more dramatic effect.

“Well you never tell me about your love affairs sis… I’m just really returning the favor.” I grinned at her.

My sister is quite stubborn. Well, as stubborn as I am really. She’s a 24-year old business freak who loves to hit me with whatever she has in hands. Although she is a real beauty as well, of course, I am handsome after all… I wouldn’t want to come from a not-so good-looking family and turn out this way.

“Shut up! I want to know everything in the café. You will tell me whether you like it or not! You didn’t even greet me welcome when I arrived.” She mumbled.

That’s because you greeted me first with a very hard leather purse.

I chuckled. “Welcome home sis…”

 

“So it was just like that?”

“Just like that.” I said while I raised my hand in relief. After we had arrived at the café and ordered, my sister wanted me to tell the whole story. She even emphasized on not missing out the tiniest details or else I’m going to greet her very hard leather purse again. She’s insane.

But she took all of it well.

“I can’t believe this.” I can’t believe that you two would split up in the end.” She melted in her chair and held her forehead. “I mean, I always thought that you guys were the perfect-star-couple.”

I shrugged. “Perfect-star-couple huh?” Well, that’s old.

She nodded while swallowing her coffee. “But, I see that you two are doing okay even when separated. Damn. I even think she had gotten prettier.”

“Had gotten prettier? What do you mean? You saw her?” I asked her. I was literally out of my seat. I mean, it’s not because we’re exes I’d just ignore her and not care about her life. I mean, she was a good girlfriend.

“Yeah. Last month. When I went to New York. I met her in a party.” She smiled innocently. “She even had a handsome date.”

Good for her then. Good for her.

Silence enveloped the both of us. I was staring somewhere I don’t know and she was flipping her notebook. She was saying something that I couldn’t put out so I didn’t bother her.

I shifted my attention to the small garden outside the café. A guy with a big physique was talking to a tall and lanky girl. The girl was standing backwards my view so I couldn’t really imagine what she looked like. She was carrying a violin case. When the guy tapped her shoulder and walked away, she got her violin out. She placed it in between her shoulder and chin and started to slide the bow along the strings.

In all fairness, the girl was beautiful. She had this chubby cheeks and she had this very warm smile. Just like summer. She looked refreshed and she herself was almost glowing. She was… she was… SOOYOUNG!

 

-------------------------

Author's Note: Hey guys! How ya doin? Kekekeke! Finally I was able to update! Kekeke. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment! Thanks! Please look forward for more of my updates!! :D Kamsahamnida :*