Who Are You?

Secret Angel

 

“She has a sister?” Changmin said chorusing with Yoona on the screen. We were having our Friday late nights together at Changmin’s house.

We were at Changmin’s room. Changmin sat beside the desk and I was lying on his soft and comfy bed. Yoona’s face was all over the screen. I fidgeted on the Rubik’s cube Changmin displayed on his bedside table.

I nodded at their question. “Yeah. She mentioned it on the latest entry I read.”

Changmin swirled round and round sitting on the table. “I wonder who they are. They really sound interesting.”

“Only because Secret Angel says she likes you.” Yoona said.

Changmin shot Yoona a look and then at me. I forgot to tell Yoona not to say a word to Max. This is going to be trouble.

“What?” Changmin asked.

“Oops, I guess he hasn’t told you… yet…” Yoona murmured.

Changmin was getting angry now. “Told me what Kyuhyun?”

“Fine, fine.” I said, sitting up. “Secret Angel writes about you in her diary. She always follow you everywhere and she says that she could die right away if you’d say hi to her.”

“Eh?” Changmin was shocked. He then cleared his throat and gained back his composure. “Well of course, who wouldn’t fall for the amazing Max Changmin?” he smirked.

“I definitely wouldn’t” Yoona joked, laughing hard on the screen.

I laughed with her. “I wouldn’t as well.” I seconded, rubbing it even more on Changmin’s face.

“The hell I care.” Changmin said, standing proud. “Anyways, I have an appointment early tomorrow, so you should sleep already.” The guy pointed at Yoona on the screen and then turned to me, “You, get out of my room, I will sleep now.”

“Is that the way to treat a guest?” I said.

“You’re not a guest.” He laughed. I stood up and he lied on his bed, “You know the way Kyu.”

“Yeah. Later.” I waved at him and then at Yoona who was smiling while waving at me on the screen. She’s still very pretty. Sigh. How stupid of me, to break up with her.

But, I’m still grateful though. Because I know that she deserves someone who is better than I am. And I also too, deserve someone who deserves me as well. At least, that’s what I think.

 

Sunday.

I decided to go to church. Not because of Sooyoung or Secret Angel. I just wanted to talk to God. I was never really a good follower but I knew for some reasons that he’s real. And I wanted to talk to him.

I saw Sooyoung standing in the front, carrying her viola. She was wearing a peach-colored dress and her hair was braided loosely. She was beautiful. She was always beautiful.

But then I had to remind myself about today. I wanted to talk to God. Not watch Sooyoung elegantly play her viola.

I found the same spot where I sat in the first time I came here – empty. I settled myself quietly and folded my palms together. For the first time in my entire life, I’m actually praying to God.

Why do I have to face these questions? I want to know the feelings I feel every time I see Yoona’s, Changmin’s or Sooyoung’s face. I want to know why I have come to meet these people. What changes will they bring to my life? How will I know the real reason why you gave me Secret Angel? I want to know who she is and how she came to me. I believe that all of this is your doing. I just wanted to ask you why? And all these little questions inside my head.

I want to thank You, at the same time, question You about all these little things and my life. And if You really are who I think You are, I’m sure You’ll give me my answers at the right time. Thanks again.

 

The Sunday service went by quickly. I stood up immediately and went to the door. But then I found Sooyoung’s nose sticking it right where I didn’t want it. She blocked the exit and strode towards me, making myself step backwards.

“It’s a surprise seeing you here in a Sunday.” She said. I don’t know whether that was a threat or just an innocent question.

“Nothing. Why?” I asked, trying to shove her out of my way. This is really weird.

I felt a pat on my shoulder and saw Siwon-hyung smiling at me. “Hey Kyu. It’s a surprise to see you here on a Sunday.” Oh where did I hear that line before?

“Hyung!” I shrieked. “I just wanted to clear my mind on some things. Well, I’ll be on my way now.”

“Would you like to stay for lunch? I’m making spaghetti today. And Sooyoung requested for some barbecue as well. Can’t say no to that can you?” Siwon smiled. I really hate that smiled of his. It’s just so deceiving sometimes.

“Have I told you that I hate that smile of yours?” I said, teasing.

“Thanks for reminding me, Kim Gura-sshi.” Siwon said, placing his hand on my shoulder as we walked to the convent of the chapel.

He led me to the living while he and Sooyoung went to change their clothing.

The living room was homey. The ceiling was painted brown and the lightings were really like that of an old cabin in the middle of a western forest. It was very antique-looking as well. I sat at the middle of the arranged seats and noticed the old piano settled on his far left. He went to it and touched the old wood of the instrument.

“That’s my Soojin’s piano.” I heard Siwon-hyung’s voice. Who is Soojin? I asked myself. “If you don’t know Soojin, she was my ex fiancé. Five months after Yoona and I got over each other, I met her in a relief operation in the orphanage.”

“Oh.” I uttered. “Where is she?”

“She died in an accident six years ago.” Siwon said sadly. “She was chasing me because I didn’t forgive her. It was a month after our engagement. She was still young and I was totally in control of her that I forgot that I was killing her. She liked someone secretly and I didn’t even know.” Siwon started to cry now.

“You must really love her don’t you?” I could only say.

“If I had known that she was in love with someone, I could have canceled the engagement. I loved her so much that if she’d tell me to let her go, I would.” He looked up. “I didn’t forgive her because I felt too ashamed and embarrassed with myself. I couldn’t face her. I was useless.” He sobbed. He sat on the piano seat. After Siwon had sniffed and wiped away his tears he continued, “After Soojin’s death, her twin sister showed up and I couldn’t let her live on her own.”

“Twin sister?” I asked.

“Sooyoung.” He said looking at Sooyoung who was dragging her viola out of her bedroom. “She’s Soojin’s twin sister.” Siwon-hyung laughed. “But even though they have the same face and almost the same character, I couldn’t love her as much as her sister.”

Sooyoung had a twin sister? That question remained in my mind the whole afternoon. Even when we were eating lunch outside the house, and even more when I saw Sooyoung play the viola for us; that and so many other questions.

If Sooyoung was Secret Angel, why did she write that ‘my sister will be alone sooner or later’? Does that mean that Sooyoung isn’t Secret Angel because Sooyoung is still alive and the one dead is her sister? But that couldn’t happen because how could Secret Angel know when to die when Siwon-hyung told me that Sooyoung’s sister died in an accident?

I’m confused. Exhausted and intrigued.

 

That night I went to check out the diary again. I read the same entry all over again and agonized whether to call Siwon-hyung or not.

January 18.

I saw Shim Changmin walking towards the office of the School Publication. His sister’s boyfriend was there. I think they are close. I wondered how Changmin acted with his friends. I wondered if ever I’ll be able to hang out with him someday.

Oh yeah. My sister told me she liked the boyfriend of Changmin’s sister. I just told her to keep quite since she’ll be going head-to-head with Im Yoona. That’s dangerous.

My sister will be left alone sooner or later. I’m sad. But I really love her. I love them both, Changmin and her.

Secret Angel

 

So if Secret Angel liked Changmin, her sister must’ve liked me?

Who the heck is Secret Angel!?

 

-----

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm thinking of changing some of the earlier informations given in the story. I hope you'll understand. And I also hope that you keep on reading this fanfic. Thank you for reading! Please look forward for more events! 

Comments are loved ^_^ God bless! :D