My Beloved Angel

Secret Angel

 

Days went faster than ever my questions remained unanswered. I had attempted to ask Sooyoung about it myself in order to end things but found that I couldn’t get my act together. I tried to contact Siwon-hyung as well but he was busy with something these days and couldn’t find time. I didn’t want Changmin to get involved with my problem since I know he will just complain.

He and Sooyoung are spending time together a lot more as well. I had to admit, I get pretty jealous sometimes, that’s why I’d invite Victoria over for lunch. She makes me fell more… admired, and its not just because I use her to fill in the emptiness.

One time when I was walking down the hallway, I saw Victoria talking to Changmin. I didn’t even know they were friends; or even acquaintance for that matter.

“Hey.” I called out to them.

Victoria turned to me, her eyes almost red. was firmly shut and her hands were rolled into balls. “Cho Kyuhyun. Let’s go somewhere.”

“Now?”

“Yes. Right now.” Victoria grabbed me by the arm and dragged me away. I stared at Changmin but he never changed his expression. It was absolutely blank.

When we got in a much safer distance, I asked Victoria “What happened back there?” but she didn’t answer. Victoria just turned the opposite direction and stayed silent.

“You can go now Kyuhyun, thank you.” Victoria ran away but I grabbed her just in time.

“Hey.” I said, my voice owning authority. “What’s wrong with you and Changmin? How do you know each other?”

Victoria didn’t look at me. She was looking down, hiding her tears. “Will you listen if I told you?” she said, staring at me with her watery eyes. I nodded.

“Changmin and I became a couple when we were still in middle school. He broke up with me for some unknown reason and I couldn’t take it. I told myself to move and trust I did manage to. But destiny brought me here. When I saw him with that Sooyoung girl I thought I’d get even by getting close to you since I think the girl is also into you.”

Okay. That surprised me. Victoria must have noticed the change of my expression. She asked, “Why do you look so shocked?” I shrugged and she smirked in return. “She likes you and you like her. I can tell.”

I was lost right then. I stared at her and tried to spit the words right at her, “Kiss…”

“Oh yeah, about that… I saw Changmin and Sooyoung at the park so I thought I’d make a little scene. Sorry about that.” She inhaled before continuing, “But its okay. I think she got over it by now; that Sooyoung… You know she’s very pretty.”

“Yeah. I think she got over it by now.” I smiled.

Silence enveloped the both of us for a few passing minutes. Then it was I who finally broke the void atmosphere. “Victoria-sshi? Can I ask a favor?”

 

January 30th

Victoria agreed to help me find Secret Angel after I told her about it and the writer writing about Changmin. She admitted to be intrigued as well as to why I’m being this desperate of finding the author. I even told her about what Siwon-hyung told me.

It was a Tuesday when I tried to look for Sooyoung. I wanted to ask her directly but it seems that I couldn’t find her anywhere. I went to the rooftop, the canteen, I even went to the oak tree where I found the diary. Lol.

And being the dumbest person I am I forgot about the office. Hooray.

“Sooyoung-sshi?” I asked as I entered the office. Sooyoung looked sleepy as she turned her seat to my direction.

“What’s with the honorifics all of the sudden?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. She was doing something on the computer. Her eyes seemed dry and her aura was dead.

I smiled. “Nothing. Have you been here all day long? I wanted to ask you something but I think you wouldn’t answer it even if your life depended on it.”

“What is it?” she demanded, not taking her eyes off the monitor. “I hope this won’t take long because I have to go somewhere later.”

“Okay then…” I sat beside her, dragging a chair. “Can I ask about your sister?” She just laughed. “Siwon-hyung told me that—

But she didn’t let me finish. “I’d rather die than explain to you about my sister.” She smirked, giving me an arrogant stare. “Siwon-oppa told you didn’t he?” I nodded. She shrugged. “I don’t get him. The girl cheated on him for how many months and yet he still loves her.”

I tried to remember Siwon-hyung’s word. And yes, he did say that he loved her so much. So much that he could instantly let her go if only she’d say so.

“How—how did she?”

“She died in a car accident.” She said simply, as if emotionless. “She died in a meaningless way…

“Oppa didn’t see her and she wanted to break up, but because of his shame, Siwon-oppa couldn’t face her. She carelessly followed him in the middle of the highway and…” Sooyoung made crashing gestures with her hands. “She died then and there.”

“Do you hate her?” I told her, curios as to why she was using the tone when talking about her sister.

“I hate her a lot.” She said. “She was so shameless and arrogant and she was a very bad girl. She took Siwon-oppa’s kindness. She didn’t thought of how he would feel. I hate her that much that every time I see myself in the mirror, I’d hate myself for having the same features as her.” she complained.

But then, all of a sudden, her expression changed. “But she was still my sister. And I still loved her. She was still part of my world.”  

“But then she died.” I continued for her who was almost tearing up as well.

Sooyoung shifted her attention to the computer screen and started to press the keyboard. “You know, the first poem I wrote was dedicated for her. It was about her and the first time I heard about her cancer.”  

“She had cancer? I asked.

She nodded. “Why are you asking all these stuff? Do you like her?”

“What? I haven’t even met her.” I said. Brushing off any awkward moments that were about to follow up in the atmosphere.

She stood up, pushing her chair backwards and leaving a deep sigh. “Okay then… if you don’t have any questions anymore, I’ll be leaving now.”

And then she just went out of the office. Weird kid.

 

And when I finally decided to turn off the computer she used, I took some time to read what she was fidgeting on the computer. All I saw was an unsaved document entitled “My Beloved Angel”

“And she said she hated her sister.”

 

My Beloved Angel?

 

-------

Author's Note: Hi guys! :D I updated! Hooray for us! Please share my story if you like! :D Please Comment as well ^_^ Hahahaha! God bless! :*