A Lost Diary

Secret Angel

 

                “It’s almost winter season.

 

Secret Angel”

 

That’s all. It was all that’s written in the journal. So far, it was the shortest entry. ..

 

My name is Kyuhyun. I am a second year high school student of East West High School. I am a part of the school paper and I write the essays in it. I don’t really like to socialize that much but I have my own circle of friends and that is when I talk the most. I have a girlfriend. Her name is Yoona. She’s the most popular teen model in town. And I love her… very much.

And the thing that I was reading a while ago? It was a journal. It was a journal I found in the school garden a year ago. It was lying open under the old oak tree in the middle of the garden. It was old and scrappy, like the ones you see in movies.

I didn’t throw it because I’d feel bad about it. And I didn’t bother to look for the owner. I just kept it, brought it wherever I went, and read it. I read it a lot. I liked it. Because I thought that I can understand the feelings of the writer. And the more I read, the more I wanted to know who the owner was… It’s either that I’m really curious or…

 

October 29. I read the entry one year ago. It was short. Too short that made me curious again.

                It’s almost winter season.

I wonder what she or he was feeling that time. Up until yesterday, all of the entries were about seeing someone. “I didn’t see the face that made my heart thump.” And all that. Oh yeah, having said that, I’m assuming that it’s a girl. The owner.

She’s a girl.

… I’m starting to like someone I don’t even know.

 

 

 

“Kyu!” Angel called out to me when she came out from her car one afternoon. “I just finished our photo shoot but I still need to go to an interview. I’m sorry.” She pouted as she held my hand.

Her eyes were sincere with apology. She was always sincere. I kissed her hand and smiled. “It’s okay. I understand. I’ll call you later tonight, okay?” she nodded, teary-eyed. “I love you.”

And then I received a hug. I like it when she hugs me…makes me feel safe and loved and secured.

“I love you too…” she said before driving off.

 

I decided to open the diary again. November 2.

The weather is dull. Cold wind brushes off the whole town and everyone is getting ready for Christmas.

I saw him today. He was at the school garden again. Someone was confessing to him. I was there too. But it wasn’t my intention to eavesdrop. It’s just that, I couldn’t move my feet. Maybe because I wanted to know how he’d react.

                “Changmin-sunbae… I like you… I like you very much…”

Changmin. Changmin? Shim Changmin?

I saw him smile and my heart warmed up despite the cold weather. It was a genuine smile even though what it meant was rejection. He tried his best not to make the girl cry. And I really like that about him.

 I’m glad. I’m glad that I listened to the confession.

Shim Changmin. I’m glad that I like someone like you.

Yours Truly,

Secret Angel

 

So… she likes Shim Changmin. Shim Changmin.

“Hello?” without second thoughts, I called Changmin.

I think I forgot to mention that the Changmin that was in the diary was Shim Changmin. The step-brother of Yoona. My Yoona.

“Kyu? What’s up?”

 

I don’t really know why I’m making a big fuss about this right now. And why do I have to move now? Why didn’t I just search for her from the beginning?

I don’t know.

“Where are you?” I managed to say. I even forgot that he was waiting on the other line. I paced down the pathway and scanned the area for Changmin while waiting for his answer.

“I’m at the rooftop. Why?”

“Can I see you?”

“Sure.”

I love Yoona. I love her so much. And I wasn’t panning on anything either. I just, I just want to know who the writer is, that’s all. I know that it sounds weird but I want to thank her whoever she is.  I want to thank her for writing her diary. Her diary had helped me a lot at times as well, so, so I just really want to thank her.

Thank her... and… maybe get to know her…

 

 

                February 14th.

My friend got broken hearted today. She confessed her love for a sunbae but eventually got rejected. She was a nice girl. I think It’s selfish for that sunbae to make her cry like that. He could have rejected in a nicer way. Instead of telling her to off and call her a stalker.

Guys can really be mean sometimes. I hope they’ll learn to understand how fragile girls can be. Sometimes girls are strong, but most of the times, they just act like they are. Even though they’re not… Sometimes, it would really help just by saying ‘sorry’.

Sincerely,

Secret Angel

 

“Yoona and I were in a fight during that time. And because of what she wrote, I kind of understand Yoona’s feelings more.” I sat down beside Changmin on top of the rooftop. “And it’s not just that time. There were a lot more coincidences in my present situation and in the entries of her diary. That’s why I’d like to know who she is.

“Ah, so you’re telling me that you getting attracted to some mysterious stranger who owns a lost diary and that your feelings for my sister are wavering?” Changmin sat up straight looking at me.

I’m such an idiot. What was I thinking, talking to my girlfriend’s brother with my feelings? Great. Now Changmin thinks that I’m a playboy.

“Listen, honestly speaking, I just want to give her my thanks and all. And I also want to return her journal.” I gave Changmin my smile.

“That better be just that Kyu…” Changmin stood up and turned around to me. “So if you’re going to thank her, what does it have to do with me?”

You know? I can sometimes be really selfish. I don’t know whether I’d want to tell Changmin that Secret Angel likes him. I don’t want to see him falling for her as well. I don’t know why either, I just…

“Uh…”

I don’t know where I’m going with this but…

“It’s nothing… Just wanted someone to hear me out, that’s all…”

… I’ll take my chances.

 

 

Author's note:

Kekeke! First chapter done! How was it? Is it understandable enough? XD Anyways, I'm working on chapter 2 right now so... Enjoy!