Twenty

It's Our Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, I am very sorry for the long delay. A lot has been happening in my life. It's kind of sad that only now I'm greeting my fellow readers and its already the final chapter of this story. Thank you for the undying love to the story and thank you for waiting for so long for the update. I might start another story soon, but this time I am not sure yet as to whom the hero and heroin will be. Anyway, please enjoy the last and final update of this story. Thank you for all the updates and all the comments. Enjoy!!!! May we meet again in another story (^o^)!!!

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The awkwardness in the air is killing him. It’s killing them. Looking around to the surrounding, the cheeriness is taunting him.

 

Here they are, sitting across each other, both with a cup of bubble tea in front of them. Taro flavor for him and grape for the person sitting across him.

 

15 minutes of silent felt like hell. He was the one to suggest this meeting, and now that the other person is here, truth to be told, he did not know what to say, or how to begin.

 

15 minutes ago, after greeting awkwardly, and after agreeing to be comfortable around each other and drop the formality, they were engulf in silence. Dead silence. Only the noises from their surroundings, the chatty customers next to their table, the sound of the background music, the voices of the waitresses, the sound of the teller dinging at every customer paying, the sound of the bell on top of the door that rang every time a customer enter the premises, but them, silence. Dead silence.

 

Lucky for them, the waiter came to take their order, and that was when both had open their mouth, ordering their preferred drinks, and later, fell back into silence. Dead silence.

 

His fingers tapped the surface of their off-white table to the rhythm of the background music, his eyes wandered to the window that displayed the beauty of the outside of the small, homely café.

 

20 minutes ago, he had arrived first. Being a well-mannered man, he decided it would be better to arrive first and pick a spot for them to sit, as his company will be older than him.

 

Dialing a number on his hand phone, he placed it near his ear, listening to the sound of it ringing. At the third dial, he was greeted by a feminine voice, which made him smile widely.

 

After confirming his company’s attendance, he bade her goodbye and that he will see her soon.

 

‘Lunch probably. Haish, you are making me thinking about food already. I’m gonna go and eat now. You make me hungry!’ was what she replied to him, almost to the point of yelling in frustration due to the hunger that he had unintentionally caused her to feel.

 

The little tantrum that she threw his way made him chuckle, before his face turned serious at the presence of his company. Muttering an almost silent ‘he’s here’, he bade goodbye, again, and quickly ended the call.

 

He stood up, reaching out his right hand with confidence, which his company took, also with a right hand, also with confidence. They shook their hands firmly while introducing themselves to each other.

 

And now here they are. With their drinks already served in front of them, and after several sips, well, here there are. Letting time passed, wasted even, by their silence. Dead silence.

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

“So…. How did it go?” she asked, as he kissed her cheeks and hug her frame as she welcomes him inside his own pad.

 

She had been waiting for him to come back for so long. Her heart was not at peace ever since he left home for the meeting. Not that she had thought that the simple meeting would turn into a blood bath, but still, she was nervous.

 

But she had agreed to that before, on New Year even, through that one phone call from the not so far away China. She had given him her words as she considered his request. And so, there was no turning back.

 

She thought the meeting would go on for an hour top. Seeing that both of them were not close to begin with, the meeting should be so weird that both of them would end it as fast as they could. Boy, was she wrong! Seeing that he only came back to her after lunch, and that he had left her to meet him for breakfast, that really shocked her.

 

Eyeing him as he walks into the living room, she sighs as she walks to the kitchen. Pouring orange juice into a glass, she makes her way to him, handing him the glass of juice which he took thankfully and drinks it before handing back to her, which she drinks it all.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter