Mother Knows Best

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 24/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

You put your luggage down at one corner, by the main entrance as you took out your phone to call Miss Hana. Before you could even do it, a voice said from behind you, "Trying to call me?" Your head shot around and you see Miss Hana smirking at you. You pulled her by the collar and whispered "Yah! You said this ISN'T the place they were staying at!"

She pushed you gently , making you release the grip on her collar and said "Calm down, so what?"

You pulled her closer again and whispered, which almost turned into shoutings. "SO WHAT? You told me to trust you!"

When you realized that your 'whispers' could actually be heard by a few students, you cleared your throat and bowed, showing them you apologize for being loud. At the corner of your eye you could see Kai stealing glances of you from time to time. What's  worse was he nudged Kyungsoo and Jiyeon to look at you. You looked back at Miss Hana and she placed her hands on your shoulders.

"Look , I know this all is important to you. Being here alone is probably the only thing you want to do while you're here. I also know that's not the only thing you're going to do while you're here. But, you do this every year you have a chance to come back to China. I just think it wouldn't be wrong if your friends found out that you're actually here."

Slowly she let go of your shoulders and you gazed down to the ground. Letting out a heavy sigh, you told her, "I'm meeting up with Henry."

A/N : Yes , Super Junior M's Henry.  

Miss Hana, not realizing her voice was actually loud, shouted, "You're meeting up with that boy?!"

You placed your hand over , trying to hush her up as more and more students were staring. "Are you crazy? Shouting like this?" you whispered to her. "Why are you meeting up with Henry? Have you forgotten how much he's hurt you? How he just left?!"

Playing with your fingers, you looked up to Miss Hana and the look on her face soften. Henry has been your friend, cross that. Bestfriend. From the beginning of your kindergarten life up to the beginning high school. Ever since your mom's passing, you drifted apart from everyone. All your friends. Everyone. You didn't have much close friends, but Henry was definitely one of them. Most of everyone would be jealous for the fact that Henry hangs out with you, also guys would glare at Henry for being with you the whole time. Whenever there was a school performance in primary school, you and Henry would go together as a duet.

He was good, in both piano and violin. But because you were way better than Henry in piano skills, he decided to pay more attention to violin. Some even called you two the "Musical Couple", but there never was a couple. It never did happen, but because of the rumors, that was also another reason for the two of you to drift apart. Before your mother's passing, Henry left for the states. He lived there ever since. He assumed your mom was still alive when he left. So you kept up with the lie since then. From there, you assured him you had plenty of friends to mix with. It was wrong to lie, but at that moment it seemed like it was the only thing to do.

Even when he left, from time to time the two of you would send each other hand-written letters. Old fashion, but very sweet. It's better, to be honest than just typing out everything when you can write and show them you put effort in trying to deliver a message to them. Though, the two of you really, drifted apart when you were 16. It was a rough year for you, probably for him too. You didn't know what he was going through, and he didn't know what you were going through. And when that happened, neither of you sent letters to each other anymore, 'till last year he started to send you letters again, which you replied most of them. 

"He..he doesn't know.. about..her.."

Her face expression fell the moment she heard you say that. She shook you by shoulders, "Why didn't you tell him?!"

You pushed her off with a little force and said "You think it's that easy? Telling my only friend, at that moment that I lost the most important person to me? What do you think will happen? He'll come back from the states? He'll treat me a whole more nicer? He'll treat me as though I'm a charity case, as if all those pity treatment a few years back wasn't enough to last me for a lifetime."

After a moment of silence, she let out a heavy sigh and took a step closer. She cupped your cheeks and pressed her forehead onto yours. "Just remember, if you plan on falling for Henry, which I know you probably did 5 years ago, know that you should let Kai know about it."

She pulled away and gave a light pat on your head. You glanced at Kai, which was already staring at you. You looked away, took your luggage and looked at Miss Hana. "And let me guess, my room is on the same floor as everyone else." She let out a grin and nodded her head. You rolled your eyes and headed to the counter to check in.

"Hey you coming yet?" Henry asked through the phone. "I'll be there in five minutes, see you soon." you said as you hung up. It was winter here in China. Which leads to the reason why you're wearing such thick clothing. You put on your gloves, shoved your phone,purse and room card into your pocket.  You walked towards the park nearby and see a guy with a red jacket, probably wearing a few layers inside along with a black beanie. He had white gloves on, with black Converse shoes. As you went closer, you realize it's Henry.

No. way. It can't be. you thought in your head just looking at him as you came closer.

He glanced at you but looked away. Coming to his senses, he looked at you again instantly after realizing it's you. He ran up towards you and pulled you in for a hug. "HAE RA!"

He squeezed you so tight, that you could feel your chest pressing onto his as you wrapped your arms around his waist. He broke the hug with his hands still on your shoulder. After looking at you from head to toe he smiled. "You've blossomed so beautifully." he said as he chuckled. He definitely grown up into a real good looking man. As a kid he was quite chubby, but not fat. Not too skinny, either, but the ratio was just nice, but man he had chubby cheeks. Where did all that chubbiness go? It's like they've disappeared into thin air. He tried to take a step c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter