So It Was You

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 published on 19/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

Not sure whether it was your imagination, or maybe her spirit was really there but you saw an image of your mother on the road. Signalling you to get on Kai to let him piggyback you back to the campus. "Go on Hae Ra, he's sincere" you hear her saying. "H-he is?" you murmured when suddenly Kai glanced again and said "What?"

You glanced at Kai and looked back at the road where the image of your mother appeared. It was gone. SHE.. was gone. You shook your head to snap out of it. At the same time, when you gave yourself a hard slap across the face, Kai glanced back again to look at you. He got up immediately and shook you by the shoulders, questioning you what's gotten into you. Asking you why you slapped yourself, not to mention he was raising his voice a little. But you didn't say a word, all you did was place your hand on your cheek where you just slapped it, and took a deep breath. "A-are you.. alright?"

You looked up into Kai's eyes, his eyes was filled with confusion, yet..filled with sincerity. You nodded your head, though you weren't smiling, a smile crept up onto Kai's lips as he got down again, with his back facing you. "One more time, now get on." he said as he waited for you to get on. You wrapped your arms around his collarbone as he lifted you up. He carried you as though your weight was as light as a feather. While walking back he popped a question.

"So what do you think of me now?"

Once again, you see an image of your mother by your side, just whispering into your ear, "Tell him the truth."

You closed your eyes, and without thinking you answered "You're not.. what I thought you were."
"Really? In what way?"

You looked back to where you saw the image of your mother and she nodded her head,signalling you to let it all out to him.

"I thought.. you were one of those guys. Just.. a typical high school playboy. But maybe.. you're not what you seem, Kim Jongin."

You can feel him chuckling as he boost you up to carry you properly. "Ask him." you hear your mother's voice whispering into your ear. You rested your chin on his shoulder. "Well what about me? Kim Jongin?"

"What about me?" he repeated your question and you said, "Did your perspective of me change?"

"I guess you could say that." he nodded his head a little. "In what way?" you asked and he let out a soft chuckle. "That's my little secret."

"No fair" you said as you lightly hit his shoulder. "Becareful now, if you hit me again I might let you fall down."
"You wouldn't dare." you challenged and he scoffed. "Try me."
"Then do it." He stopped walking and you really thought he was going to let you fall so you shut your eyes tight. You could feel him chuckling and you opened your eyes slowly, as he continued walking. "You were so scared I was going to let you fall."

You let out a sarcastic laugh before you ended it with two words. "Very funny."
"Thank you, I know I'm hilarious." he laughed and you rolled your eyes even though he couldn't see it. "Hilarious my ."
"Excuse me, what?"
"Just keep walking pretty boy."
"Oh, so now you think I'm pretty?" he turned his head back a little to get a glimpse of you.

You tapped Kai on his cheek and you could see his face from the side that he was grinning to himself. "Alright, alright."

Kai knocked on the door with you still on him. He opened the door slowly and the lights were off. Seems like Jiyeon was sleeping already, but something else was wrong. Kai took out his phone and he walked out, closing the door. Assuming he was reading a text, you asked "W-why did you walk out of the room?"

"Uh .. looks like you'll be sleeping in my room tonight." he gulped before you raised an eyebrow. "Why?"
"Kyungsoo, and Jiyeon are sharing the room tonight."

Wow, you didn't know she had it in her. Seems like the two of them took it to the next level and are already sharing rooms. Not bad Jiyeon, not bad. "Kai, you can put me down now." you said as you loosen your grip around Kai. "O-oh, r-right." he said as he got down on his knees to let you down. You stood up properly and he held onto the sides of your arms just in case you fall. "I'm fine." you assured as you pushed his hands away. "This way." he said as he gestured you to walk down the hall, guessed you're really going to share a room with him.

As you walk down the halls, your feet was hurting a little, but you managed to pull it off and walk perfectly fine. Passing through the bulletin boards,you stumbled upon the 'Hall Of Fame' section. Again, the photo of a girl grabbed your attention. She had brown eyes, with wavy hair all the way down passing her shoulders. She had a cute nose, and delicate lips. In other words, it looked pretty delicate. You were staring into the photo,as though you were getting into it. "What are you staring at?" Kai asked as he gazed to where you were gazing.

"Hey that girl.. looks.. just like you" he said as he kept glancing at the photo and back to you, multiple times. "Who is she?" he questioned again.

"That's what I want to find out." you said as you placed your hand on the glass over the picture. You slided your hand all the way down until you found the name of the girl.

Kim Yi Seul

Pianist representing Korean National University of Arts . [1961]

Kim Yi Seul? That name, it sounds..oddly familiar. Just then you heard another voice, saying "Beautiful, isn't she?"

"Oh, Miss Hana." Kai greeted a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter