Proven You Wrong

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 14/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

After Sun Hwa gave a slap at Kai, the whole cafeteria was dead silent. You couldn't really see what Kai's face looked like since his back was facing you. HyunMin stood beside Kai, with his back also facing you, though you can hear exactly what was going on. "So you ditched me for Hae Ra and now with this dirtbag?" she scoffed as you could see HyunMin's body tense up. "Rephrase your words, junior."
"I don't give a damn if you're a senior." You could almost laugh when you saw her face falling the moment Kai said, "Give it a rest, Sun Hwa."
"Give what a rest?!" she shouted and Kai grabbed her by her shoulders to shake her. "This! You and me! There is no you and me! You're being delusional." She pushed him off before she said "Of what?"
"There is no us anymore! You ended it between us and now I'm ending it. We were done a long time ago."
"Y-You can't say that." she stuttered through her words before Kai crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Yes I can. I already said it."

Kai turned around to face you and he had a smile on his face. You could see Sun Hwa raising up her hand, like she was going to hit Kai. You got up, pulled Kai by his hand but felt a hard slap on your face. Gasps were filling the cafeteria and you felt hands on your shoulder, not sure whether it was Kai's hands or HyunMin's hands. You slowly turned your head to face Sun Hwa and she said "T-that was n-not supposed to h-happen! You weren't supposed to do that!"

"Newsflash sweetheart, it did." You breathed out as you could feel redness on your cheek where she just slapped you. "P-Please! I didn't mean to do it!"
"But you did it."
"Look! I'll do anything! Anything you want! Just don't hurt me!" she begged as you took a step back and looked at Kai. "Go on, tell her what you want." Kai raised an eyebrow but slowly he understood what you meant. Kai looked at Sun Hwa and said "I want you to stay away from me."

"N-no! Anything but that."
"Going back on your word after being pulled away by your boyfriend? Oh wait, EX boyfriend." HyunMin snapped at her as her cheeks were burning up. "How dare you say that to me?! Don't you know who I am?" She shouted furiously before HyunMin scoffed. "You're a junior, I'm a senior. This is your second year, this is my third. I know more than you think I do. Take a step back and realize. Maybe have some pride while you're at it."

Sun Hwa blinked her eyes so many times it's as though she was trying to blink out something from her eye. But she still couldn't say anything back, HyunMin has a point. He's a senior, and she's just a junior to him. But then she turned to Kai and said "But it's not over, it's not." Kai run his fingers through his hair in frustration and said "What do I have to do to show you that I don't love you anymore?!"

"Another girl."
"What?" 
"Show me you love another girl, maybe then I'll let you go." she nodded before Kai scoffed. "Maybe?"
"Fine! I'll let you go by then! Until then, I'm not giving up." After she said that she stormed out of the cafeteria.

"Hae Ra, wake up."

You opened your eyes slowly and rubbed your eyes. "What?" you murmured. Jiyeon pulled you up as she sat on your bed. Before she said anything you said "What time is it?"

"It's 4.10." she answered softly and you rubbed your eyes. "In the morning?" you whispered and she replied with a soft "Yes."
"Why on earth did you wake me up so early in the morning?" you asked as she gulped even though no lights were on. "I-I couldn't sleep."
"What makes you think that I could hel-" you paused for a moment before you said anything that you couldn't take back. You took a deep breath and placed your hand on Jiyeon's shoulder, "What do you need me for?"
"C-can you, sing to me to sleep?"
"But it's already at 4.10a.m., don't you thin-"
"Please?" You looked into her eyes and she was giving you puppy eyes with a slight pout. You nodded your head slightly and pushed her off your bed slightly making her stand up to walk back to her own bed. As she lie down on her bed, you pulled the blanket over her and dragged a chair to sit beside her. Her face and body was facing you as she held onto your hand. "So what song are you going to-"

"Shhh.. just , close your eyes."

She nodded as she shut her eyes tight.

"Like lullabies you are, forever in my mind. I see you in all , the pieces in my life .
 Though you were mine, you're my first love."

Slowly as you continued, the grip on her hand slowly loosened.

"I wanted to go away with you, and I will leave all my troubles here.
 I wanted to run away with you, and I will bring all my dreams and fears.

 Like lullabies you are forever in my mind.
 I see you in all the pieces of my life.
 Though you were mine .."

It seems like she dozed off before you would even finish half the song, so you slipped your hand away from hers. You got up silently and carried the chair back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter