Presence

It Started With A Notebook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 published on 11/1/13 

+start+

Your POV

You opened your eyes with your phone vibrating on the table. You let out a groan just reaching for your phone. It was a call from an unknown number. At the corner of your phone you saw the time and it was only 5.08a.m. You murmured "Hello?"

"Good morning beautiful." You didn't answer instead try to analyze whose voice it was. But because you just woke up, you're still pretty blur and you didn't even want to think about who it was. Instead you just ended the call and pushed away your phone on the table. You laid back down onto your soft bed that for some reason is a thousand times more comfortable when you're sleepy. Just as you close your eyes, your phone vibrated again. Frustrated you got up and checked to see who it was. It was still from the same unknown number from a moment ago.

"Look, whoever you are. I'm tired and sleepy. Whatever you are or whoever. I have no time to play games." you groaned the moment the other end said "Is something bothering you?" From there you could tell that person was a guy. "And what if there is?"

"Then let me help you." he offered. "I don't even know who you are." You raised your voice a little but he had no intentions of fighting back. "Maybe we can get to know each other."

"No thanks." you said as you hung up. You pretty much assumed he was a guy. A young guy, whose age is not really predictable. After you hung up, you pushed your phone aside. A few seconds after that your phone vibrated again, you lost it and picked up the phone. "Whoever you are, please. I'm not interested. Please stop bothering me." you said directly but all you heard was a confused "Eh?" Your eyes widened as you realized it wasn't the person who called a moment ago. "Y-You're not.."

You pulled your phone away to see the screen name and it was HyunMin. "S-Sorry, I mistakened you for someone els-"

"Who is bugging you?" He asked but you told him it was just some guy. He also asked if you were alright but you asked him why was he calling you so early. "Because..uhm..I just.."

"If you don't finish your sentence, I'm hanging up."

"No no no! I just wanted to remind you about..uh.." 

"Our promise?" you raised an eyebrow before he chimed, "Hey! You remember!" You scoffed before saying, "You thought I forgot? Is this it?"

"Y-Yeah sort of." he muttered softly before you said bye and hung up before he could finish his sentence. His lasts words were "Remember the-!"

"Alright, class dismissed." Mrs.Jun said as everyone packed up their things and got ready to leave. You looked out of the door and realized that HyunMin isn't there. A smirk formed upon your lips but it faded away the moment Mrs.Jun called your name. You looked at her and she signalled you to go to the front, where her table was. You got up, slung your back over your shoulder and walked towards her. "This is for you." She passed you a white folded note and smiled. She left the room and you were alone in the classroom. You opened the paper and it was written,

"Look behind you."

You turned around and see HyunMin smiling at you as he walked closer towards you. You raised and eyebrow and folded the paper. "Surprised?" he grinned before you shook your head. "Not really. It would be pretty easy for you to find out my schedule considering you're a teacher's pet."
"So, hungry?" he changed the topic that made you smirk before you put the paper in your pocket. "I guess I could eat something."
"Then let's go!" he beamed as you asked where you were going but he said, "To eat!"
"I know but wher-" Before you could continue your sentence, he grabbed your by your wrist and pulled you out of the room. He pulled you until you stopped walking and he gradually stopped walking when he realized he couldn't pull you. He turned around and looked at you. "Why?"

"Uh.." you dragged the syllable as you gazed down to his hand holding on tight to your wrist. "Oh!" He let go of your wrist before he apologized. "Where are we going?"
"Well. One, it's not fancy."
"Well, I'm feeling hungry so let's go anywhere."
"I know just the place!" he grinned as he held onto your wrist again but then this time, just as he held onto your wrist you cleared your throat. He realized he was holding onto your wrist again and let go as he rubbed the back of his neck. "S-sorry, it's becoming a habit now"

"It's alright." you shrugged it off as he grinned. "Here, I'll show you the way."

The two of you walked out of campus and walked along the sidewalk and a few girls squealled as he walked by. Seems like he's a pretty bigshot in the university. He stopped in front of a restaurant and opened the door for you. It was, a not bad looking restaurant. Quite cozy, but it's even better because maybe it's at night. Looking at the time now it's already 7.30p.m. During the dinner with HyunMin was, alright. Considering he was trying to start a conversation every time but it died because, you pretty much had no reaction to it. The two of you were done eating, and now the two of you were just talking when he asked "So are you going back after the First Term examination?"

"What?"
"You know, the first exam in two months. We have one week of holidays after the exams are over." he explained as you let out a soft "Ah.."
"Where are you going? Back home?" he asked as you nodded your head slowly. "I guess you could say that. You?"
"Yeah, my mom bugs me to go back every time there's a break or a short holiday. Where are you going back to-" His voice trailled off when you stood up. "I think we're done with dinner, I'll pay."
"No no no no no," he said as he got up. "You sit back down, I'm paying."

He shot a wink at you as he got up and walked to the counter. The exact same girls from the snackshop was staring at you from the restaurant windows. You raised an eyebrow and they waved at you. You lifted your hand slightly to just show a simple "Hi." and they smiled, like psychopathic maniacs. Shortly after that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter