Eye Contact

The Composer [SEMI-HIATUS]

"Noona!~ Ppalliwa!~~"

"Eo~ Chamkanman"

Jieun quickly put on her shoes as she led her brother out of the door. As she shut the door, things fell off from the cupboards due to their unsturdiness. She walked he little brother, Eunjo, out of the smelly, worn-out building and started running when she saw the bus leaving.

"Kamsahamnida!~" She said as soon as she got on the bus and bowed. She nudged Eunjo to do the same.

"Kamsahamnida, ajusshi~" He bowed then they hurriedly swiped their cards and sat down.

 

"Annyeong, noona!~ Saranghae~"

"Yah! Chamkanman! Come here!" Eunjo hesistantly went back to his sister. "Do you have your lunch with you?"

"Noona~ You gave it to me this morning... of course I have it~" Eunjo held up his lunchbox.

"Hehe... noona cant help it.... YAH! I told you to always tie your shoes!" She squatted down and tied his shoes.

"Noona, can I go now?~"

"Eo... remember to eat everything, arasso?"

"Dae!~ Can I go now please?~~"

"Aish! KA!~" She slapped his but and ushered him forward.

"Saranghae, noona!~"

"Nadoo Saranghae!~" Eunjo rushed inside his elementary school along with some of his friends. Jieun smiled at the sight.

 

 

"YAH! Lee Jieun! Late again?!"

"Chesohamnida, sajangnim~" She bowed.

"Tsh... remember that Im only giving you this job because Im nice!~ Now hurry up and change!"

"Dae!~" Jieun quickly changed into her work uniform and immediately started serving coffee to the customers.

"Jieun-ah! Go and tune the piano up for tonight. Some rookie band is gonna come and perfom. I think I put the tools in the storageroom..." he boss, Mr. Jang, said.

"Dae, sajangnim!~" She took out the tools and walked up to the miniature stage where the piano was. She admired the piano for awhile before she worked on it. She could clearly see her reflection in its smooth, shiny black wood. The way its black and white keys looked so good together almost brought her up to heaven.... the way they sounded even....*oooops... that key's not right* she thought. She easily picked up the necessary tool and fixed the key up in a jiffy.

"Jieunnie!~" one of her co-workers called her "Why dont you play something to start the mood off?"

"She wont..." her other co-worker said.

"She never does...." Mr. Jang said. Jieun smiled a shy smile.

"Mian..." she bowed and went back to the customers. There was an unusually large amount of customeres today so all the workers were a bit rushed. Especially Jieun since the other two waiters already left because their shift was only in the day. Jieun works full time so she has the place till 10. The only people left were Jieun, another waiter (Hara), her boss and the cook.

"Jieun-ah!~" Hara called out. Jieun looked at her. Hara motioned at Jieun's legs. She saw a big rip on her tights. "I have another pair in my bag..." Hara whispered.

"Komawo...."

 

The band arrived a bit early to get used to the atmosphere and fix their equipment up.

"Ahh!~ Im so nervous!" Doojoon said.

"Yeah... Didnt we pick this place becuz it didnt seem to have TONS of customers?" Junhyung said as he eyed the many customers "I need coke...."

"Uh... I need to pee" Yoseob rushed to the restroom and washed his face. *You can do this* he put his glasses back on and checked himself out a little. The glasses didnt really fit him but he needed them. He good eyesight. He just didnt have 20/20 vision. So stuff blurs up some of the time and he CANT have anything blur up today. He got out of the restroom but tripped since he didnt notice the slightly elevated step. He fell flat on the floor. He put his glasses on again as he stood up but stopped a pair of legs distracted him. *Umm... this is wrong..." he thought *Stop staring!* he slowly looked up to see her face and was immediately mesmerised by her beauty.

Jieun finished up wearing her stockings and stood up. She, then, saw a pair of googling eyes staring at her. *ert* she thought and walked past him.

"Ah.. Cheso-" Yoseob wanted to apologize but she was already occupied with customers.

"Yoseob-ah! Its time!" Doojoon called out.

*I can do this!* he put this into his head as he walked up to the stage and to the piano.

Doojoon introduced the band and made a few jokes before they started off. The music began with a soft melody on the piano... then some sounds that sounded like chimes on the keyboard. Then the guitar came in. The song was... amazing. You could feel the emotions perfectly. It was a... happy-sad song. If you get what I mean...

 

(Jieun's POV)

I stopped and went by the counter with Hara to watch the band perform. The melody they used for the introduction was fantastic. Their composer must be really good.... soon after, their voices were heard. The first one who sang was the guy on the keyboard. I think he said his name was Doojoon... the guy on the guitar made a few raps after every line Doojoon sang. His name was Junhyung. Hara said he introduced himself to her when he ordered coke to calm himself down. Then the chorus came in with a voice that sounded like... it came from an angel. It was strong, yet sweet. The emotions he gave out were... heart-racing? Yes, heart-racing. My heart is definitely racing right now. I dont know his name... I didnt really pay attention to their introduction. I just caught Doojoon's name and went back to work.

"Wah!~ He's cute!~" Hara squealed.

"Eo..." I was in a daze, watching him. He looks so....

"OH HOH!~ Jieunnie has a crush!~ Yay!~ Finally!"

"Ive had crushes before!" I snapped out of my gaze.

"When was that? Prep school? You only like him because he let you play with his toy~ haha"

"It was a special toy..."

"Youre so gullible.... WAIT!"

"What?"

"Youre not denying that you have a crush on HIM!" She pointed to the guy on the piano. She squealed, again. She likes squealing. She's been squealing for the 13 years Ive known her. Yup, this squealing girl is my best friend. My only friend... I looked at him again, his eyes were closed as he played and sang with all his heart. I couldnt help but squeal silently... I think all the girls are in love with him as much as I am right now... Did I just say love?

*Dugeun Dugeun*

I clutched my heart.

"First time...." I mumbled.

They finished with the song with the same melody they used in the beginning. The piano guy opened his eyes... right after that, he scanned the crowd. His eyes stopped when they landed on... me. I think Im about to melt right now~


First chapter!~ Sorry if it isnt that good... yet :)