Something's Not Right.

How Nice Would It Be?

I was outside of my house throwing a baseball into the air and catching it. I looked at my watch: 9 P.M. Why wasn't Sora home yet? She usually gets home around this time.

I saw a familiar car pull up in front of her house. Out came Hoya and I felt my blood boil. He opened the door for Sora and she jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. 

She looked so happy being with him. She kissed his cheek just as she had done to me earlier. I touched my cheek reminiscing on the act.

"She was just using you Peniel, get over it." I told myself as I stood up to go inside.

"Peniel!" I heard her call out.

I shut my eyes. Crap, she saw me. I turned around to face her and waved. She still had her arms around Hoya as they hugged. He looked straight at me with no expression. 

Sora motioned for me to go over there and I jogged over. "Hey, how was practice?" I asked.

She got out of Hoya's embrace and hugged me. "It was good." She said as she pulled away. "Hoya, this is Peniel, my best friend since like forever ago!"

I looked at Hoya and extended my arm out to shake his hand but he just looked at it with raised brows. Then, he shook it. "Nice to meet you, I'm Hoya, Sora's soon to be boyfriend."

There it was again, a bullet to the heart. I gave him a fake smile, "Good luck with that." I told him and Sora giggled as she kissed his cheek again.

"Peniel was able to take me to practice earlier since you had class." She told him.

"Class?" He asked confused.

Sora looked at him with a confused face as well, "Uhh yeah. You had class remember?"

His eyes widened, "Oh! Oh yeah, class. Yeah, I had class that's why I couldn't take you to practice. My bad."

Sora laughed, "You're so silly." She told him and he smiled at her.

"I should get going now, I'll text you to see if I can take you to practice or not." He pulled her in for a hug and kissed her forehead. "Goodnight baby." He said.

He gave me a smirk as he got in his car and drove away. I definitely wasn't getting a good vibe from this guy, I already didn't like him. Not just because he was dating Sora but because there was something off about him.