Somebody Else.

How Nice Would It Be?

I sat on Sora's doorstep and waited for her to get home. I let out a sigh and the cold air was visible. I had been here for an hour, where was she?

Finally, I saw a car pull up, but it wasn't Sora's. I squinted my eyes to get a better look. I saw a guy in the driver's seat and Sora was in the passenger's seat. 

They both got out of the car and the guy walked over to her and placed a kiss on her forehead and she hugged him. My eyes widened and I felt my heart drop. "Not again." I told myself.

"Thanks for picking me up!" She said in an extremely happy voice.

The guy laughed and took her hand in hers as she strayed away, "Anytime Sora."

She smiled widely, "I'll see you tomorrow Hoya." She let go of his hand and waved at him as he got into his car and drove off.

As she walked down the path, she lifted her head and saw me. Her eye brows raised, "Oh, Peniel!" She said and ran towards me. I stood up and she threw herself into my arms. As our bodies collided, a soft thud was heard. "I missed you so much." She said as she buried herself into my chest.

I bitterly smiled and let out a small laugh, "Missed you too." I said in a soft voice.

"So, what do you think?" She asked as she pulled away and took my hand in hers as she strayed back and worth just like she had done with that Hoya guy.

"About?" I asked, clueless.

She giggled, "About Hoya." She said with a wide smile. I could practically see the hearts in her eyes when she mentioned his name.

I looked down and let go of her hand. I cleared my throat, "Was that the guy that dropped you off just now?" I asked as if I didn't already know.

She nodded her head, "Yeah."

"What school does he go to? 'Cause he doesn't go to ours." I said as I looked back up.

"Oh, he's a freshman in college." 

I scoffed, "College." I told myself. I nodded my head slowly, "Oh. Well, I'll be going now."

She pouted, "What's wrong? Why are you so down?"

She didn't get it. She never got it. Couldn't she see that I appeared this way every time another guy was in her heart? "Nothing. See you... Whenever." I said and started walking back to my house which was right next door.