In Love With My Best Friend.

How Nice Would It Be?

I stared at the ceiling, reminiscing at all the memories I shared with Sora when we were little kids.

"Peniel!" She yelled. I turned around and smiled at her. I held onto my oversized backpack that was slipping each way off my shoulders. I stood there and waited for her to catch up. "Thank you." She said with a wide smile once she was next to me.

We walked into the school building with all the other children. Today was our first day of third grade. I've known Sora ever since I moved to Seoul when I was just 5 years old. I used to live in the states. Sora was the first friend I made and we've been best friends ever since.

It also helped that we were neighbors in the same class ever since kinder garden. 

It was nap time; Me and Sora laid next to each other on our mats. I had my eyes closed when I heard whispering, "Psst, are you awake?" My eyelids fluttered open and Sora was wide eyed looking at me. I held in my laughter and nodded my head. "I can't sleep." She said.

I smiled at her and ruffled her hair, "Just close your eyes and rest. You'll fall asleep in no time." She did just as I said as I was right, she did fall asleep in no time. I remained staring at her for a good five minutes. So young, yet so beautiful.

That's when I knew that I liked Sora. We are now both seniors in high school. When we entered high school, things took a complete turn. We drifted apart; We wouldn't hang out with each other or hardly see each other. We had different groups of friends. She became a popular girl who did ballet and I became the star baseball player.

There was one thing that kept our friendship hanging on by a thread; We live right next to each other. If we weren't neighbors I can honestly say that our long friendship would come to an end. 

Every time we see each other in the hall, we give each other a little smile reassuring our status as best friends. People at school don't know that we're best friends though. In fact, they probably don't even think that we're friends. All I ever have time for is baseball; It's my passion!

Constant practices day and night then school work once I get home. There's no time for doing anything else. The only people I hang out with are my baseball team. Sure in classes I have other friends but just there. I consider my team as brothers so in reality my only real friend is Sora.

I've never straight out told Sora that I like her but let's face it, the signs are there. How could you not fall in love with such a beautiful girl that you've grown up with? I think it's practically impossible but that's just me.

I had a girlfriend my sophomore year because I honestly wanted to get over Sora. I know that we'd never be together so I decided to find someone else. I actually like the girl I dated but she was no Sora. Sora on the other hand also had a boyfriend sophomore year. She kinda always has a boyfriend. Luckily, she's single right now.

This is our last year that we might spend together so I need to take full advantage of it. I'm going to take the biggest risk of my life and confess to Sora. I'm going to show her just how nice it would be to have me by her side and to love her as more than just a best friend. 

No matter what I have to go through, I will make Kwak Sora, my best friend, fall for me. I'm going to show that girl what real love is and how she deserves to be treated. I'm going to give her my all and love her with all I got. I'm going to put her first. My name is Shin Peniel and I am in love with my best friend.


Welcome to the first chapter of "How Nice Would It Be?" :D Woooo!
I hope you guys liked this short little chapter and look forward to this story! (: