Nine

A Wedding Ring

Kyuhyun ran after the woman who is pregnant with his flesh and blood, who is none other than his own wife. Had a big fight in the middle of the highway as it is not a good thing, especially when they're not in the deserted streets. The severity of the reckless action of Baram because she walked on the edge of the road, there are no sidewalks. You know the toll? Yes, they stopped in the toll road.

"Baram-ya! You know what you're doing is very dangerous, hurry back to the car!" Kyuhyun's cried out as he continued to trying to catch Baram. "I beg you!"

"You don’t want this child, so I and this child, you probably wouldn’t care us too!" Baram replied without turning her head.

"Han Baram, I apologize to you. I beg you, go back to the car!"

"No!"

"What do you want? Tell me so that you can forgive me."

"Stop taking care of your work, and give us your concern. I and also your prospective child!" Baram turned around so she could see her husband who is now a sudden stop. "Can you do that for me?"

"And where did I can feed us?" Kyuhyun's voice sounded so desperate, he really didn’t understand the mindset of his wife.

"You should be able to manage your time, when to work and when it's time with me!" Baram shouted in frustration as she stamped her foot to the ground, then turned around and started walking away from Kyuhyun. "I want a divorce!"

"Han Baram! What did you say?? "Kyuhyun quickened his pace so that he could immediately reached for her. "I will not divorce you because I love-"

Kyuhyun hasn’t completed his sentence and abruptly stopped with his face in shock, his eyes wide rounded. He then shouted loudly. "Han Baram! Watch out in front of you!!!"

One second after the warning, the sound of deafening squeak, and loud thump is echoing in that street. Baram bounced away by a sedan that was passing by, Kyuhyun startled. The man can’t do anything but silent on where he stood with his eyes rounded and his mouth wide open. Fear and anger enveloped him.

As soon as consciousness returned to him, he sprinted toward Baram's body who was lying helpless on the highway. Several other cars stopped, people came out of their cars to see what happens. There’s sound of an ambulance coming from distance.

Kyuhyun was there. Beside his wife's body covered in blood. He hugged the helpless body, crying hard calling her name. Tears poured from his eyes, while fresh blood kept oozing from the head of the woman.

"What is going on here?" Kyuhyun came in at the wrong time, his eyes squinting items on the kitchen floor which is now becoming fragmented pieces. He frowned, then he tilting his head to stare at the two people in front of him. He asked. "You fought?"

Heechul and Hyerin stared at each other. The woman looked at Heechul with pleading eyes, hoping that he doesn’t tell what is really going on between them.

"What do you mean, Kyuhyun-ah? Of course no, I accidentally knocked over the glass and these plates." Heechul lied.

He could have told his friend about what had happened, but he chose to remain silent for some reason. And inside her heart, Baram felt so relieved and also grateful for Heechul’s kindness.

Kyuhyun sighed in relief, "I thought you were fighting." He said, rubbing his chest.

Heechul bending down to pick up the broken glass and plates, and Baram participate bending down to help him. "So, why are you home?" Heechul asked while continuing his activity, trying to avoid Hyerin.

Hyerin like invisible there, she just shut up and said nothing. While Kyuhyun walked into the living room to put stuff.

"I came back for lunch, hyung. What are you doing here anyway?"

Heechul didn’t reply immediately, he got up and then stared at Hyerin who also doing the same thing. "We'll continue this conversation later." He whispered to Hyerin, and then he stepped to follow Kyuhyun in the living room. "I just wanted to check the inventory of the food in the fridge." He said to Kyuhyun when he got in the living room.

Kyuhyun laughed softly, "You know hyung, Baram's back. You don’t need to prepare food for me anymore. My wife who will do it for me."

The man who is five years older than him was smiling, "Yeah, you're right. But it looks like she wouldn’t have time to prepare lunch for you. Why don’t we just order?"

"Huh?" Kyuhyun winced like an innocent child. "I can wait." He then smiled when Hyerin came to bring them each a cup of hot tea. "You see that right, hyung? How understanding my wife is."

Heechul just smirked. He didn’t hate her for no reason, because he will not let anyone harm his friend. So, this is the effort he is doing to protect Kyuhyun from every danger.

A few minutes later, everyone was gathered in the dining room. Hyerin back from the kitchen, as she brought food she had made with all the skills that she has. The three of them ate with gusto as they dissolved in a relaxed chat and full of laughter. Not completely, because it can be seen that only Hyerin who occasionally flashed a small smile, and don’t intend to dissolve in their jokes. She was thinking of her disguise problems.

***

"Well, I have to get back to the office." Kyuhyun said to Hyerin in the door before he went back to his office. Hyerin just gave him a lightly smile then nodded. "I'll be home before 9 pm."

"I understand."

"Hey, are you okay?" Kyuhyun noticed there was something wrong happened to her, Hyerin’s face was pale and dispirited. "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine."

Kyuhyun reached Hyerin’s face, he touched both sides of her cheeks very gently. Bowing to be looking directly at her eyes, he said. "Tonight you don’t have to prepare dinner, I'll buy it outside. You don’t look well."

Hyerin smiled, "I'm fine, a little tired is not going to make me die, Kyu." She joked.

The joke instead of making Kyuhyun laugh, but actually makes him frowned in annoyance. "I don’t like you talking about such things, Han Baram." He said firmly.

"Sorry, I just jok-umph!"

Couldn’t finish her ​​words, she was silenced by the sudden kiss that Kyuhyun gave her. He did it very slow and cautious, momen later Kyuhyun removed his kiss and then looked back at his wife.

"I'll be back soon." Kyuhyun said as he his wife's head. "Hyung, watch my wife if you intend to linger in my house. You know, Hyung?"

Heechul clicked his tongue and pretended to be annoyed, "Don’t arbitrarily commanding people older than you, Cho Kyuhyun."

"Well, I'm leaving!"

"Be careful!" Whether it is Hyerin and Heechul in unison. They stared at each other for a moment, but then Heechul immediately turned his face away from her.

"Don’t be surprised with a touch that he gave you, it’ll happens frequently." Heechul said all of sudden with no intention of looking at Hyerin. "Of course if you're going to last long here."

"Mr. Kim, I-" Hyerin felt nervous to begin to provide an explanation for all this misunderstanding.

"I'm listening, Miss Song. No need to rush."

Those words doesn’t necessarily make Hyerin calm, she actually stunned and felt increasingly uneasy. She is not a person with bad intentions, she wasn’t a bad person too. But explaining all that to Heechul is difficult for her because of the pressure that he had embarked on her.

With trembling hands, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a photograph. She handed the photo to Heechul simply with a gesture.

"That was me."

***

"I'm home." Kyuhyun didn’t find any, shortly after he got home he found that the house was silent and dark.

He began to think that his lunch with Heechul and his wife just a dream, and that the kiss he had given to his wife was only a dream.

"Baram-ya..."

There was no answer.

However, he heard another voice coming from the living room. The noise was getting tightened as Kyuhyun walked up to the source of the sound. It's just a television that is on and in front of the tv was a woman lying on a sofa with her eyes closed. Although shocked, Kyuhyun slightly relieved to know that she just fell asleep and not even leave him.

"Hey, beautiful, I'm home." Kyuhyun whispered to her as he her long hair.

The man saw Hyerin stretched quietly, then slowly began to open her eyelids. When Hyerin eyes are adapted to the light of the television, she smiled at the man before her.

"Hi, Kyu." She said in a bit hoarse voice, her hands grabbed her own eyes to wipe it gently. "I unintentionally fell asleep."

"I know. You've always been like that whenever you’re waiting for me to go home." Kyuhyun whispered. "Now, get up. I brought food for our dinner."

It's not easy to tell the truth. Although it would be bad, she was ready to bear consequences that she will receive after she said it. Moreover, she was just being good intentions.

"It was me before I did plastic surgery." She said softly.

(Above is Han Baram)

"I... I met Baram eonni in a flower shop. We accidentally took the same flower, but it’s just left one. She told me to take it, while I didn’t have the heart to do that. It was orchid. She said she wanted to put it in her husband's office room. So, I gave her the flowers." She added.

Heechul just shut up and listen, he looked at the woman in front of him who are bowed down. She was even now didn’t look at Heechul's eyes. In fact, the first time they met, Heechul felt she was so brave and assertive. He didn’t feel that way anymore. This woman, appear weaker than ever.

"You know her right? Once she told someone, she will be more exposing herself. And from there we so often meet and chat a lot. We used to meet at the coffee shop, sometimes she come just to fill the time because her husband is rarely home. But often, she met me to talk about her life with her ​​husband. How did she live a boring life and no longer as beautiful as before. She was lonely."

"And then?" This time Heechul began wanting to issued his voice out, and asked.

"Short story, a few days later I had a car accident. Severe. I think I'm going to die, but I found myself lying in a hospital with a face full of bandages. The doctor said, my face can’t be fixed as before. At that time I felt very angry and upset. When my mind submerged in anger, I stepped out and intend to go to the rooftop to kill myself. But I stopped once I saw a woman who was rushed to the emergency room. She was Baram eonni. I immediately followed her, I ran beside her. I told her that I was Hyerin, she just smiled weakly. She didn’t even ask what was wrong with my face. As if she knew about my condition, she just said: Be me, Hyerin. Be Han Baram."

"Huh?" Heechul frowned. "Did you see Kyuhyun at that time?"

"He wasn’t there. I didn’t see him, I don’t know. Maybe he is taking care of the patient data or something. You yourself know hospital regulations, right?"

He nodded. "Then you obey her words, and find out where’s Kyuhyun, right?"

"Yes and no. I've done the plastic surgery, so that I'm a much like her. But I'm not looking for Kyuhyun. Geez, it happened three years ago and I didn’t intend to do that, Mr. Kim."

"I just feel like you're..."

"You probably think I set the time three years to find Kyuhyun, and do all this. Right? But you need to know that it's not true. During the interval, I spend my time taking care of my new face to the community so that they understand, instead of stay away from me. Then I also deal with how the continuation of college with my different face. Luckily I managed to do all that. Also, I had no idea who Kyuhyun was at that time, and the fact that he was the husband of Baram eonni."

Heechul nodded, he could ensure that the woman is saying the truth, not a lie. "Then accidentally you find a job that is owned by the husband of the person who has the same face as you?"

"Exactly."

Heechul sighed deeply as he held his head, he couldn’t understand how could Baram ask for that to Hyerin before her death. He began to think that she was planning all of this before she dead, but it was just a silly thoughts.

"I'm just difficult to understand all these incidents that almost absurd." He said. "But I'm going to let you to try because I saw a lot of progress that Kyuhyun showed us this morning. It was quite a relief."

"What kind of progress you mean?"

"He smiled a lot, I'm pleased." Heechul got up from his seat, he put his hands into his pockets then walked toward the door. "Keep reading those habits of Kyuhyun, so that your disguise is not compromised. Do you understand me, Han Baram?"

Didn’t believe what she was hearing, Hyerin rose from her seat and then lagging behind Heechul. She smiled realizing that indirectly Heechul take her to undergo this plan, heard Heechul called her Baram made ​​her relief.

"Thank you, Heechul oppa."

After dinner, Kyuhyun and Hyerin finds time to play in the kitchen while washing the dishes together. Kyuhyun's smile was never far from his lips, he continued to tricked his wife by occasionally sticked the foam on her cheek. Make Hyerin sometimes glaring at him. They laughed heartily, knowing that they did by their own foolishness at that time.

Happiness will not last long without a hitch, then with his whole heart Kyuhyun enjoy the unity without ever want to miss even a second.

"It's getting late, let's sleep." Hyerin said. Actually, she's still a little awkward with Kyuhyun, but she's trying to get used to talking as casually as possible in front of him. Despite the fact, she still speaks using formal language.

"We just had a dinner, don’t you afraid of getting fat?"

"I'll be skinny forever, I'm not talented to be fat."

Kyuhyun laughed at the words of his wife, this woman has never changed. He thought. While Hyerin even flinch, she wasn’t had time to protest over what Kyuhyun was laughing about, she felt her tiny body suddenly lifted off the floor. She struggled to be derived from Kyuhyun's arms as he carried her to the bedroom.

"Kyu, let me down!" Hyerin screaming in her husband's arms, but he still held her more tightly.

"I don’t want to." Kyuhyun refused with a smirk, making Hyerin frightened after seeing his grin.

"Kyu!!"

***

so... what do you think about this chapter? since this is the ninth chapter (you have no idea how much I love number 9), I hope the story is getting a lot more love. I'm happy so far many people have supported this story :')

 

zarkyu : Hyerin is... Han Baram now kkk ~ :p Heechul is a good guy, so don't worry ^^

Ami_SuJuElf : This chapter may have answered your question and Kyuhyun of course will know the truth, but not that fast. So, just wait :D

ilovekyuline, AllRiseSilver1998, queenkj : This is an update for you guys~

octa82_ichigo : No, she's not (:

ElfyPuhl : Has this chapter answered your question? (: