Twelve

A Wedding Ring

The curiosity enveloped Hyerin’s mind, she have no idea the words ‘be me” that Baram told to her. So after gathering all her courage, she tried to enter the room where the woman was in care.

Room 177.

Hyerin opened the door slowly, she entered with full of caution. Her eyes caught a woman lie down with all the hospital equipment attached to her body, the oxygen hose, and more. She moved toward Baram, as quietly as she entered the room.

"Eonni..." Hyerin whispered in her ear.

Even though she still in a weakened state, but Baram desperately trying to open her eyes. She took pains to recognize who has called her name.

"Eonni, it's me, Hyerin." Said Hyerin once again. "Are you okay?"

The woman couldn’t answer but just moving her head to make it look like she was nodding. All the equipment that makes her difficult, as well as the doctors declared her condition is still very vulnerable. She wasn’t able to fully recover.

"Eonni..."

Hyerin crying right then and there to see Baram’s condition, she didn’t know why but the urge to shed tears so strong in her. She couldn’t feel Baram’s illness, but she saw how miserable Han Baram is.

"You'll be fine, Eonni." Hyerin tried to reassure Baram, but all she did was crying over and over again.

Even though Baram made ​​it through the death and carry out the operation, but the chances of her survival is only 35%. It can only helped by hospital equipments, she can’t do anything freely, and could only lie in bed. Tried to open alone is the hardest thing to do.

Kyuhyun, the husband, was very grateful when the doctor told him that she could survive. But he had to face some trials ahead of letting Baram live in misery.

Hyerin’s hand moves to rub the palm of Baram’s hand, she wanted to make her comfortable somehow. However, instead of receiving the treatment, she took off Hyerin’s grip and made ​​her raised an eyebrow.

"Eonni?"

Hyerin flinched as Baram’s fingers guided her hand to touch the ring that was attached on her ring finger, Hyerin then looked into her eyes in surprise. Baram's lips moved as if she wanted to say something to her, she said with all her remain strength to Hyerin to understand.

"What do you want me to do, Eonni?" Hyerin asked. "Ri... ng. The ring?" She voiced what the purpose of the movement of Baram’s lips.

Baram tried to move her hand and release the ring from her finger, Hyerin who don’t understand could only help her let go of the ring.

"You want me to wear this?" Hyerin asked and she got a nod from Baram.

"So what happened after that?" Heechul crossed his arms as he righted his chair, his eyes sharp and full of curiosity. Makes Hyerin who sat in front of him felt a bit uncomfortable.

Hyerin didn’t immediately answer him, she needed to strengthen her own heart when she was forced to dismantle what had happened between her and Baram so she could get the woman's ring. Heechul seems to love digging about a woman who has the same face with the people he had consider to be his own sister.

Her expression turned into a bitter, "She closed her eyes." She started in a trembling voice. "I freaked out at the time, and I don’t know what should I do. So, I called the doctor, and then I went back to my room for surgery. I don’t know what happened afterwards. I... "

"Hyerin," The man interrupted, he then rose from his seat to sit next to Hyerin and calming her. "You know, it's not your fault. All had been arranged by God." He embraced Hyerin’s body, patting her shoulder gently.

"Oppa..." All she could do was cry in Heechul’s arms.

For all the events that is the reason why she sacrificed now. But no matter how great the sacrifice, Hyerin always felt that it’s still not enough. She was actually feeling had taken someone else's husband by doing this, but on the other hand she feels that this is the only thing she could do to recuperate Kyuhyun. And Heechul always reinforce her that she had done the right thing, even for a woman like her, she is a brave woman who gave up everything to restore the health of someone else's husband.

"I'm home."

Kyuhyun had just come home from work when he saw his wife and Heechul in the living room, his brows raised in surprise. Heechul released his embrace immediately and then walked toward Kyuhyun.

"You're here?" Heechul smiled at him, trying to distract him from Hyerin who is still sobbing. "What are you carrying?" He glanced at plastics on Kyuhyun’s hands.

"I... brought some gifts surrogate of employees, for Baram." Kyuhyun explained, he glanced at Baram through the body of Heechul. "What happened?"

Panic swept over him, he put the luggage carelessly on the floor and rushed up to Baram.

"Kyu, she was..." Heechul tried to explain what had happened, lying of course, but he didn’t have time to say more when Kyuhyun interrupted him.

"Hyung, I asked my wife." Kyuhyun said firmly. "What happened to you? Why are you crying? "

"I'm fine." She lied.

"No, Baram. Don’t hide anything from me anymore."

"I..."

"She missed her parents." Heechul who finished her sentence, "He just told me that she missed them."

"My God." Kyuhyun sighed in relief and also felt bad to see his wife missed her parents. "They're fine in heaven, you don’t need to worry." He her hair lovingly.

Heechul had told her about Baram’s parents, so she’ll not get confused when Kyuhyun mentioned it earlier. Baram grabbed the man's hand from her cheek and held it tightly, she smiled. "I know, I'm... just missed them."

Kyuhyun stared at her intently and then kissed her cheek, "Then we will go visit Nowon if you want, how?"

She wasn’t able to think of anything other than obey, she who has begun this lie then she also should follow the plot. She nodded slowly.

"Hey, don’t ignore me."

Both turned to Heechul who stood far enough from them, not realizing for a moment with his presence around them. And they both just smiled at Heechul.

"I'm sorry, Hyung." Kyuhyun chuckled. "So, what are you visiting today?"

Heechul walked over to them, his hands not out of pocket. Truly a style of Kim Heechul.

"I intend to do a research." He said suddenly, making Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

"I thought your job is not a researcher, hyung."

"Yes, I know. It's just a metonymic words." Heechul laughed. "I have a patient who live outside the country, so I should be there to help her get well again."

"How long?"

"I don’t know, maybe for months."

Kyuhyun laughed but Heechul could hear him sneered, "Hyung, if this is about a woman, you're doing the right thing." He said.

Heechul smiled mockingly, he was never find a mate longer after he was dumped by the woman he once loved. More or less, since he graduated from college, he no longer wanted any woman to have a more serious relationship. If it can be said to be a trauma, maybe it is true.

"I don’t like foreign women." Heechul said, his smile has not gone out of his lips.

"Then you have to find Korean women as soon as possible." Kyuhyun stepped toward him, he softly patted Heechul’s shoulder and then smiled. "Before you rusted." He added

"Damn you, Kyuhyun."

***

"Hurry up, Baram-ya. We'll be late." Kyuhyun grumbled from the car, he was ready in the driver's seat and ready to starting the machine.

They intend to go to Nowon to visit the tomb of the Han family. Hyerin doesn’t know the habits of Han Baram’s native, Hyerin behave similar to her. Waiting for his wife is a distinctive habit to Kyuhyun, because she was always takes a long time to prepare everything in detail before traveling to some place. Though the distance from their home to Nowon not too far, Nowon district still around Seoul. Just because the place is the hometown where they were born, so they assume that that place is far. Hyerin didn’t know about this, she wasn’t even born there.

"Wait a minute."

Hyerin came up to Kyuhyun, she was carrying a large bag, no one knows what's inside. Kyuhyun could only smile as he shook his head. They left a few minutes later.

Nowon district not far from Seoul, they were almost up to Kyuhyun’s late residence by night, and the sparkling city lights have welcomed their arrival. Without realizing it, Hyerin opened the car window and then popped her head out. She breathed in the fresh air that night while enjoying a beautiful view of the sparkling lights of the district.

Kyuhyun glanced at his wife, a big smile formed on his lips. Seeing his wife enjoyed their trip, it made him very relieved. He will never again make the same mistake, he didn’t want to disappoint her again. That's why he doing everything wholeheartedly only to make his wife happy be on his side. In fact, he was willing to lose everything, as long as this woman remain in his side, his Han Baram.

"Are you happy?"

Kyuhyun’s question certainly makes Hyerin turned to him, she smiled and then nodded, clearly reflected pleasure from the look on her face.

"I never-" Hyerin about to slipped out, she immediately choked back her words and then continued. "-I mean, it’s been a while sincee the last time I came here. You know, the best air is the air in the night."

"I know, you've said it before to me. You also said that the wind blows in the night is the best of all time." Kyuhyun added, his eyes stay focused on the road.

"Yes, that because I was born at night. The wind which born in the night." At least, something like that which she read from notes written by Heechul for her.

The night wind had unwittingly brought them in calm silence, until they reached the Cho family residence which has now been abandoned house yet still well maintained. Kyuhyun parked his car in front of the garage, he just unbuckled the seat belt and glanced to his side when he found Baram, his wife, was asleep in her seat.

"Good evening, young master." An old man, who was allegedly a keeper house, welcomed the host politely.

"Open the door for us." Kyuhyun commanded.

"Yes, sir."

With that, Kyuhyun out of his car and walked to the other side. He opened the door and then looped Baram’s arms around his neck, he carried her bridal style then went inside the house. The house was no big but not also small, however everything is arranged neatly and still looks like it used to.

Kyuhyun took her to the second floor where their rooms is located. He immediately lay the body of his wife gently on the bed once they get in the room. For a moment, Kyuhyun didn’t budge from his place. He remained there in a few minutes to staring at her face, then no long after that, he stretched his arms to the back to eliminate a little tired he felt. He thinks he need a splash of warm water, then he walked to the bathroom to cleanse his body as well as eliminate his tiredness.

***

Hyerin felt something moved in her lips, then under her clothes, she squirmed disoriented even when her eyes were still closed. She tried to open her eyelids though quite difficult, and how shocked she was as she noticed Kyuhyun's face was very close to her. She felt a great burden pressing upon her, she realized that it was her body that pressed Kyuhyun.

"Mmm..." Hyerin tried to break her voice out in the middle of the lip movements of the expert move of Kyuhyun who dominate her lips.

"Hmm?"

"Kyu... I... can not... breathe."

Kyuhyun break the kiss unwillingly, "Sorry." He said. However, he didn’t immediately get up, he just stared at her intently. "I couldn’t help."

"Huh?" Hyerin raised an eyebrow, she put on a straight face and confused.

"You always look so cute everytime you sleep." Kyuhyun whispered, he could barely say it clearly because he resisted the urge to kiss her right then and there. "Besides, it's already morning. It was a powerful way to wake you up." He was looking for another reason.

"I..." and Hyerin herself is hard to find the right words to refused Kyuhyun’s desire. "I'm just... not ready to have another child." She turned her face when she said that, above all, that she issued all her efforts to be able to say that.

"Baram-ya, I wasn’t trying to get you to give me another child, especially after the accident. You know, if you're traumatized, I wasn’t going to force you." Kyuhyun said as his hand reached the woman's face, and caressed her gently.

There is a tremendous boost from within Hyerin that made her want to shed tears, she really wanted to cry even though she doesn’t know why. Supposedly, Han Baram who would cry if she heard the words of Kyuhyun, but the person who are in front of Kyuhyun now is herself. She have no idea why she felt the same pain as it might be perceived by Han Baram if she still alive today.

It actually what she feels, just maybe, the fact that she can not achieve what is the desirable from the man, as long as she pretended to be his wife. She might just give everything that Kyuhyun needed, but she also had to think better again. They are not a husband and wife, as legalized, not a real couple. Hyerin has felt guilty about lying to this man, even for his good. She's even been acted this far, she should accept the consequences. Including things that are happening today.

And he was aware that Hyerin eyes’ teary, he frowned in astonishment. "Why? Did I make you sad? I'm sorry if I made ​​you a lot of trouble in your life, Baram-ya."

"No, Kyu." Hyerin sobbed. "I may be a lot of disappointed you in the future. I'm sorry."

"No, no. Don’t say that.” He reached her teary eyes and it gently. “As long as you're here with me, I will be happy all my life." He kissed her forehead and then looked at her once more. "I'm going to try to understand and wait until you're ready." He smiled, then got out of bed.

"Kyu."

"Hmm?" Kyuhyun turned around before he could actually get out of the room.

"Your cell phone is rang." Hyerin pointed at Kyuhyun's cell phone that lay on the bedside table.

Kyuhyun walked there to grab his cell phone, he had glanced at his wife before finally answered the incoming call.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun answered. "What which made ​​such thing so important from my vacation? Damn it, what do you mean? Okay, all right. Yeah, I'll be right there."

Hyerin put a face as she raised an eyebrow curiously. "Sudden duty?" She asked.

Kyuhyun gave her a nod, his face full of resentment and regret. He couldn’t make a better day than yesterday or this morning, he just made Hyerin in trouble with his work.

"Baram-ya, I..." He hestitated. "I’m not going to leave." He said abruptly.

"Hey, what do you mean? They're really need you there. You know, leaving me here a little while will not make me suffer. "

"But..."

Hyerin got out of bed and walked towards Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun, you don’t need to be like this. We’ve experienced this matter before. The company is your responsibility to your father, and you can be with me once your duty is complete." She her husband's arm as she reassured him.

"I'll take you to the mother and father-in-law's funeral first, then I'll go to the office." Kyuhyun kissed her forehead once again. "Grandpa Hong'll pick you up at 2 pm, and you must promise me to be fine."

Kyuhyun then actually escorted her to the tomb of Han Baram parents, after that he immediately went to the office to finish the job.

Maybe things like these that made Baram feel bored and tired, when they were just going to spend some time together, there are the obstacles. As well as this one office problems. Hyerin could understand because of course she wasn’t Kyuhyun’s real wife, but what about Baram? She didn’t have anyone other than her husband, while her parents are gone. So, she was only has to stay with her husband when she was lonely.

"Father and Mother of Baram Eonni," Hyerin lowered her head as she prayed before the tomb of the parents of Baram. "I just hope I'm not wrong in taking this path. I just want Kyuhyun to be recovered as he used to, and I don’t know what pushed me to do all these. The deeper I entered his life, the more I feel the bitterness of Baram Eonni’s life. Also, how sad the life of her husband. What if I can not get out of this pretense? I'm just afraid of not being able to make Kyuhyun back recovered and even worsened the situation. I'm sorry for acted thus far. Father, Mother, I'm sorry."

***

The sound of footsteps had awakened Hyerin’s sleep, she went out of the room and found Kyuhyun was lying on the sofa in a sad state. Not that because her husband in a fight or something, he was just looks like that. His eyes were closed, he was just exhausted after taking care of some jobs in the office.

"You're back?" Hyerin welcomed the return of her husband. The woman released one by one his shoes and also his socks, then put it in the shoes rack. She returned a few minutes later. "You're looking very tired."

"Not only the looks, but I'm really tired."

"Would you like me to massage you?"

"That would be very nice."

"Well." Hyerin moved his legs and lap it at the top of her thigh so she can massage the man's feet while sitting there. "How was your work?"

"Boring. I just wanted to get home and see you." Kyuhyun replied with a childish tone.

"Really? You wanted to see me but since you just got in the house, you keep your eyes closed." Hyerin pouted, while her hands began to move slowly on Kyuhyun’s legs.

"At least I can feel your hand on my legs."

"Fabulous." Meaning otherwise for her.

"Thank you."

"That's not a real compliment, young master."

Kyuhyun laughed pleasantly, his eyes still closed and it made Hyerin however become upset.

"You've met your parents?" Kyuhyun asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yes." Hyerin take a breathe. "That's a relief."

"Of course. Your longing has been conveyed."

Hyerin looked at Kyuhyun's face closely, he wasn’t aware that she was watching him. If only she really is his wife, it was reasonable. However, this woman, from her gaze, he seemed put out another expression when staring at Kyuhyun. Unfortunately, Kyuhyun didn’t know about it.

"Your body feels hot." Hyerin said abruptly. "Did you had a fever, Kyu?" She asked anxiously.

Kyuhyun simply shrugged, "I don’t know, I'm just a little dizzy. But I guess my body is not that hot."

"Kyu, it looks like you're sick." Hyerin held Kyuhyun’s forehead, as she checked his temperature.

"Hey, I'm not si-" Didn’t get to finish his sentence, Kyuhyun paused when he felt something cold against his forehead. It’s not a compress, but felt like flesh with flesh. Hyerin stuck her forehead against Kyuhyun’s.

"Your forehead is also hot, you had a fever." The woman draw a conclusion. Not wasting any more time, she went to the kitchen to take the medicine box and then returned to the living room a few minutes later. Kyuhyun was already sitting upright there.

He noticed that Hyerin was busy sorting out medicine supplies in the box that he put on the table, he didn’t know his wife had a new habit when checking the body temperature of a person in the way she did earlier. It is a new thing for him, but he immediately shook the thought away. The man smiled as he turned to face Hyerin with two pills in her right hand.

"Here, drink this." Hyerin handed the pills along with a glass of water to Kyuhyun. "It will ease the fever."

And Kyuhyun drank it in one gulp. "Thanks." He said after that.

Hyerin smiled sincerely, her hand involuntarily moved to reach his cheek and then caressing it gently. "I don’t want to see you sick while you have a pile of work to be done."

"You're still thinking about my job, you don’t even think about yourself at all." Kyuhyun her tiny hand on his cheek. " How am I supposed to live without you? I don’t know if I can survive without your presence."

"Don’t ever say such things, Kyu. You must persist even though I was not there, because there's still your mother and Ahra Eonni. You know, they are also worried about you."

"I know." Kyuhyun kissed her chin, almost on her lips. Hyerin course rounded her eyes in surprise. "I love you, Cho Baram." He added.

Awkward, Hyerin couldn’t issue eve just a voice. She was silent as she bowed her head, pursed her short skirt which she wore with a whim to divert her embarrassment. Her cheeks were flushed, and Kyuhyun found it adorable.

"I'm going to shower and then go to bed." Kyuhyun suddenly rose from his seat and make sturdy, pretending to stretch his muscles. "We'll take a walk tomorrow morning."

Even though Kyuhyun was trying to hold his desire, but in the end he still failed and had to make himself busy in order to distract his mind from his wife. Hyerin aware of this, she believes that Kyuhyun is trying his best not to look at her or even do more than that.

Then that she did was giggle quietly to see his funny behavior. "All right."

***