Seventeen

A Wedding Ring

Tune your ears in – can’t you hear the small whisper?

Wherever you hear it, I will be with you

Kyuhyun felt peace with him as the silky hands caressing his cheeks with deep tenderness and affection. The angel face and a soothing smile from the woman who is now he faced is a miracle that he’d always glorified. He was never as fragile as he is now in the hands of a woman, and never as comfortable as this. His heart was so peaceful.

Even if you’re far away, the wind calls you

This heart rush that only we know touches the end of the blue sky

The strains of the song, lyrics after lyrics, so smooth out of her full lips. Changing a small murmur became almost like an angel's chant.

Heaven, was he in heaven? The answer is no. He was just in the lap of a woman he loved so much. His wife. Han Baram.

Stay by my side, hold my hand

As you listen to the small whispers and what the wind says

Baram continued to sing the lyrics after lyrics, Kyuhyun’s head without even leaving her gaze from his eyes. She smiled broadly, making Kyuhyun involuntarily lifted his face to claimed her full lips.

“Sing again, about the wind. About you.” Kyuhyun told Baram by whispered softly in her ear.

We just need to fly to the sky

We can forget everything just for that moment

Because everything is the same color as the sky

“I don’t want to continue the next one.” Baram shook her head.

“Why?” Kyuhyun frowned in surprise.

“The tears.”

Heard Baram’s confession, Kyuhyun gave her a smile. While her cheeks, he went on the lyrics which had been discontinued. Sang it with emotion and sincerity.

Tears scatter and the wind takes it all away

Just for that moment, you and I can be together for sure

Baram smiled, she understood. Then she continued.

Even if you’re far away, the wind calls you

This heart rush that only we know touches the end of the blue sky

Kyuhyun replied her.

Don’t be afraid, don’t hide – hold my hand

As you listen to the small whispers and what the wind says

The next lyrics, they sang alternately. Sounds like two people who were duet on a stage. Both sing without ever leaving those beautiful eyes in front of each other.

We just need to fly to the sky

We can forget everything just for that moment

Because everything is the same color as the sky

Tears scatter and the wind takes it all away

Just for that moment, you and I can be together for sure

How do I look? Do I seem at peace?

Whenever you want, fly higher like the clouds

Because everything is the same color as the sky

Tears scatter and the wind takes it all away

Just for that moment, you and I can be together for sure

-Super Junior K.R.Y – SKY-

“I love you, Cho Kyuhyun.” Baram whispered in between their lips.

“I know.”

 

“Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun sat up straight, his eyes wide open. He was surprised to hear a voice calling out his name. Ahra immediately approached Kyuhyun and sitting next to him, looking for his brother's gaze that looks out of focus.

“Kyuhyun, are you okay? Did I startle you?” Ahra asked anxiously.

Kyuhyun turned to her sister with eyes still showed dismay, the dream was a case of hypnotic to return to the real world. He gave his sister a weak nod.

“Just a dream.” He said quietly.

Ahra sighed in relief. “Thank God.”

“What day is this, Noona?”

“Tuesday, why?”

“I have to go to the office.”

“No, Kyuhyun.” Ahra was stopping Kyuhyun to get out of bed. “You haven’t fully recovered yet, after all you need a lot of rest.”

“I'm fine, Noona. Don’t worry about me.” Kyuhyun assured his older sister. “I have to deal with business in the office, if not me, who else?”

Ahra has no other choice, her brother was true. She touched her brother's cheek, while caressing it softly, she said. “I am very grateful to see you healthy again, nothing is more happy than to see you healthy again.” She smiled.

“I know, Noona.”

***

Like a new day, a new life, Kyuhyun walked with all his pride through the corridors of his office. The office staffs greeted him warmly, happiness swelled, and big smiles. They always wish the best for their boss, because without him, the office is not only in a state of uncontrollable, but also gloomy. Like there is no happiness in it. However, with the presence of the boss returned, and recovered his health, making them more eager to work.

In the three months, Kyuhyun has worked diligently. On the first day he went to work after his recovery, Kyuhyun did all the rest of his work which was delayed in just one day. He's not the kind of man who always put off as he could, and he did not want to let go of his golden opportunity to build a new project with renowned companies like that have been scheduled. Today, he is still struggling with some papers on his desk from dawn until now has entered the middle of the night, a little longer, he thought. After all of this completed, he will go have fun with Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook.

He can not wait to meet them and have a good time tonight, like drinking, joking, and... this time they intended to look for women. Although sounds like a bunch of reckless men who could only waste money for women, he did not care. He prefers to make himself happier than fall back into misery, despair, and illusion. He may also hope that he could forget his anger against Hyerin.

Kyuhyun closed his eyes for a few moments. No, this is not the time to think of Hyerin. She's no longer a part of him, she even a nobody to him. Laid a pen on the table, he pulled back his arm and put his finger to his forehead. Gently massaging his temples, he took a deep breath. But suddenly the image of Hyerin's fingers his temples comes out of nowhere into his mind, how gentle she petted him when they go to the beach in the Nowon district. The memories like bursts in without permission and beyond his will, so he had to immediately sighed and opened his eyes.

“My goodness...” Bowing his head in frustration as he sighed, Kyuhyun muttered quietly.

It will not make him forget about her. He does not have the intention to remember her, nevertheless the memories continuously haunt him. Hyerin's presence in his life is indeed not that long, just four weeks or so. But in the four weeks, Hyerin had carved many unforgettable memories which are difficult to him to forget. The woman was so innocent, as innocent as Baram, until he himself could barely discern whether they really are two different persons.

Kyuhyun has recently knowing the fact that Heechul had made ​​a note to Hyerin in imitating his late wife's behavior, but in many ways he found that Hyerin's habits are not contrived almost the same with his wife. He never noticed the difference habit of both. When Hyerin is trying to check his temperature some time ago when he was sick, that's what he suspected. But it was not the first time, because the first one was when he tried to kiss Hyerin. The woman refused, while Baram herself never refused his intention. His suspicion is set from there, but as much as possible, out of his senses, he was always convinced himself that she is really his wife. Ridiculous, he realized.

Kyuhyun snickered to himself, he should immediately get rid of all the silly thoughts. His cell phone rang while he was tidying his desk, he just intended to go.

Eunhyuk.

“Yes, hyung?” Kyuhyun replied.

“Where are you? I've ordered you a drink but I have not seen you until this second, come here or I'll break your teeth.” He grumbled.

Kyuhyung snorted, “Do you dare to?” He challenged.

“Of course not, you jackass. Therefore, hurry up.”

Kyuhyun did not waste any more time and leave the office. He drives his favorite black hyundai in 150km/hours on the highway that is being deserted at night. He just wanted to unwind, as soon as possible.

Kyuhyun up in the club twenty minutes later, a waitress approached him and gave him a warm welcome as Kyuhyun entered the club. The noise of music, sparkling lights, and the smell of alcohol which sting welcomed Kyuhyun. He felt so odd all of a sudden. Kyuhyun stopped at the corner, his eyes searching the presence of his three friends. Just as he discovered his friends, he sighed deeply, his breath caught somewhere in the back of his throat. He saw they were entertaining themselves each with several women on either side of them, it somehow made ​​Kyuhyun feel disgusted. He admitted that he was not a good man before he married to Baram, he never went to the club again after marriage. And now, being in a place like this, he feelt like betrayed his late wife. And he just realized it.

As fast as Kyuhyun could do, he instead sent a text message to Eunhyuk before finally inched away.

Seems like can't join you this night, business. Sorry and have fun.

Kyuhyun drove through the streets of Seoul. He did not know where to go, but he felt very upset with himself that he could not think clearly. What is he almost done? He almost made him get into the trap of the devil, he can not betray his late wife, let alone entertaining himself by going to the club and use the services of es to forget his problems. And exactly what kind of problems that bothering him? Why all as directed to one person? At that particular person only? Hyerin. Why the name of the woman kept ringing in his head? His sense of guilt is so great that it possessed him all of a sudden, and he felt himself like a bad guy who has a very bad effect on an innocent woman like Hyerin.

In his frantic mind, Kyuhyun reached into his pocket and dialed Heechul's phone number.

“Kyuhyun-ah?”

“Hyung, where are you now?”

“Home, why? This is something that rarely—”

Have not had time to finish the sentence, Kyuhyun had hung up. He gunned the engine at full speed to immediately get to Heechul's place. There is something that jammed him, he must find out the cause, maybe with a little conversation with Heechul can help him. Hopefully.

***

“Kyuhyun?” Heechul was surprised to see Kyuhyun appeared at his front door with a grim face, he immediately understood that Kyuhyun were in problem. “Come in.”

Kyuhyun entered with Heechul at his back. After closing the door, Heechul did not immediately ask what the purpose and goals of Kyuhyun's arrival to his house, instead he just pay attention to Kyuhyun from behind. From his gestures, Heechul could read that Kyuhyun being confused because Kyuhyun had been endlessly ruffled his hair in exasperation.

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun suddenly turned around to stare directly at Heechul's face, his expression unreadable, but he looked lost.

Heechul frowned, “What? What's the matter with you?” He started to panic, his eyes searching for something that happened to Kyuhyun but he never found a clue about what it was.

Kyuhyun did not know what was wrong with him. He could not tell Heechul that he felt guilty for his late wife for almost betrayed her faithfulness, by going to the club as his escape because he could not stop thinking about Hyerin. Kyuhyun as well not might talk about how he kept thinking about Hyerin these day, even until this moment.

“I,” want to know how the state of Hyerin. Is she okay? Is my treatment of her back then was exaggerated and scared her? Made her humiliated? “want to sleep over.” Kyuhyun instead said so, swallowed his intention to tell the truth.

Heechul widened his eyes, not sure what he had just heard. “You come all the way here with that puzzled and pathetic face of yours just to say that you want to sleep over?”

Hesitated, Kyuhyun nodded, while Heechul was still raised an eyebrow, still amazed. Kyuhyun—who are stuck in awkwardness for his own actions—chose to go from the presence of Heechul then rushed upstairs. Kyuhyun had accustomed to sleep over at Heechul's home, so he did not bother to ask where he would sleep. Heechul himself can only be silent in wonder at his spot with a shrug.

In the upstairs, Kyuhyun growled in frustration after he managed to slam the door shut. He threw himself onto the bed to sitting position as he shuffle his hair in exasperation, he sighed roughly. What's wrong with him? He himself did not understand. What possessed him that he had such a bad mood today? Kyuhyun had never even felt a sense of chaos as were bound him at this time.

Besides his longing for his wife as well as his guilt, Kyuhyun convinced that two things are not the main factor that caused his distress. It will not change anything because the woman he loves was not in the same world as he lived. But, of course, it's exactly what these two things stopped him from bad deeds which he almost did.

Hell, it's not the point of his disquiet. There is something uncomfortable about Kyuhyun so when he tried to sleep, he could not close his eyes, instead he distracted by his own thoughts. Why would he want to asked about Hyerin to Heechul all of a sudden? Why all of a sudden Hyerin’s face appeared strongly when he was trying hard to throw it away from his mind? And why now, three months after her departure? Kyuhyun tried to find all the answers to all the questions, but he did not get any until blackness enveloped him and took him to dreamland.

***

Kyuhyun awakened by the smell of food spread all over his room. The scent is so sharp and dense that he had wrinkled his nose. Like it or not, he could not stand to be there because of stuffiness. Throwing the blanket aside, Kyuhyun got out of bed and hurried to the kitchen. Still dressed in a white shirt and black trousers, he quickened his pace and found the kitchen is neat with delicious food laid over the breakfast bar.

Without hesitation or wait to be told by the owner of the house, he immediately dug in all the food with gusto. He convinced that Heechul was deliberately prepared all of this for him, and he did not hesitate to gobble up all that have been served.

Full and satisfied, Kyuhyun glanced to the right and left, examine the whole room which is between the kitchen and living room are not separated by a wall, but only a breakfast bar. Heechul does not exist in his field of vision.

Rose from the chair, Kyuhyun walked with firm strides. Although his face looked sleepy and lackluster, Kyuhyun override his intention to return to the bedroom and rest a few minutes longer until he's satisfied. He was going around the house instead to find Heechul whereabouts, because he was convinced that there is Heechul in the house only he had not show himself yet.

Kyuhyun stopped right in front of the Heechul's home office. He was just about to get in but his pace stopped abruptly, shortly after he heard the sound from the room. He gathered that Heechul was talking over the phone, but that made him curious is how Heechul is talking to whoever in his line. What the hell is happening to Heechul that made him changed the way he spoke to more... soft and warm? It somehow evocative Kyuhyun’s curiosity. Forced by a great curiosity, Kyuhyun chose eavesdropping eventually.

“Yes, I know.” Heechul smiled, his hand idly playing with a pen and tapped that small object quietly on his desk over and over again. “When? All right.” Heechul chuckled. “Of course, you'd better dress up prettily. Ah, that's not what I mean, you're naturally beautiful but you will look fresher if put on a make up. Yes, I get it. Okay, see you soon.”

Heechul is still smiling after he hung up. He glanced at the pen he was holding, smiling broadly. As he lifted his head, he found Kyuhyun was standing in the doorway with his half-sleepy face.

For several seconds, Heechul’s expression is more likely like a man who had caught off guard. Somewhat shocked but he quickly normalize his expression. “Have you eaten?” He asked.

Kyuhyun gave him a look before he responded with a small nod. Short, solid, and clear.

Heechul gave him a warm smile. Rose from the chair, he walked slowly toward Kyuhyun. “You don’t look vibrant.” He gently patted Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Kyuhyun shrugged, without expression. “I gathered that you've been busy. Appointment with the patient?”

Heechul shook his head, “An old friend. She asked me to drive her to go to somewhere.”

“She?” Kyuhyun frowned, realized that she in the sentence that Heechul meant not an ordinary person, but a woman of importance. At least that's his guess. “I didn’t know you have a special lady.”

Heechul chuckled at that. “She is indeed a special lady.” He said with a wink, once again patted the shoulder of Kyuhyun and then left.

***

Kyuhyun walked in an underground parking just intend to get into his car to go out for lunch when a woman approached him with a polite smile formed on her sensual lips. He tilted his head and responded with a brief smile.

“Can I help you, Mirri-ssi?” Kyuhyun asked bluntly.

Choi Mirri, a new manager who had been worked in Cho Corporation for almost two weeks, she occupied the vacant position that once neglected. She dressed in a peach shirt wrapped in a cream blazer and short skirt that has the same color as the blazer. The woman has a slender body with big s so that the curves of her body are visible with tight suit she was wearing.

“Forgive me, sir, but do you mind if I ride in your car?” Mirri once again smiled, obviously this woman is very talented in terms of teasing men. Her movements was so sensual but still casual at the same time, make any man would salivate to see it.

Kyuhyun frowned, watching the movements of his manager, he was considering his options wisely. Not that he had never seen a y woman throwing themselves at him pleasantly, he just did not think that his own manager who did that.

“Sure.” Kyuhyun nodded slowly, then opened the car door and hurriedly occupy the driver's seat. He did not bother to help Mirri opened the door for her or led her in, he did not think that it is necessary.

Of course Kyuhyun's treatment made Mirri upset. Besides her obsession to become a career woman, she has every intention to get two things at once. She wants her boss, wants Kyuhyun to be hers. The purpose appeared out of nowhere when she realizes that her boss is single. A handsome and y man who has abundant wealth. What could be more wonderful than that? Kyuhyun is a Jackpot for her and she was not going to waste the opportunity. She will make every effort to get the attention of Kyuhyun. Being treated like this is not going made her give in, Mirri actually more diligent to make Kyuhyun to his knees in front of her. Arrogant and cold men are even more delicious than easygoing men who had been falling into her arms.

“Where do you want me to take you?” Kyuhyun asked when Mirri has got in his car, the woman sitting next to Kyuhyun.

Mirri did not promptly answered him, instead she laid her right leg to her left leg, deliberately showing her smooth white thighs. “I'm not sure, I'm hungry and needed a quiet place to have lunch. What about you?” She asked in return.

Kyuhyun looked right into her face, regardless of what is already Mirri offered him. “I suggest you to go to a cozy restaurant nearby so you will not be late get back to the office. I myself would prefer such a place.”

Mirri was disappointed to get the answer, she expects another answer from him, like took her to eat together, for example. But she did not give up, she wiggled her legs, hoping to get Kyuhyun’s attention for the second time. And she managed to do so. Kyuhyun found her movement, but unfortunately he did not indicate any response that Mirri desired. His expression remained hidden behind his hard and shielded face.

“That means we are lead to the same destination.” Mirri said excitedly.

Kyuhyun lifted his head to stare at Mirri, as much as possible taking his eyes off of temptation that is being waged by her. “Mirri-ssi, I'm not used to having lunch with my subordinates and you know it.”

“Oh,” Mirri looked down, did not expect that Kyuhyun would be this hard to handle. A stubborn and difficult man to be wooed.

Saw the disappointment in his manager's face, Kyuhyun felt a little guilty. “I think—” Kyuhyun suddenly choked. They had just passed Gangnam when Kyuhyun caught a glimpse of a man whom he knew was standing on the sidewalk in front of a florist with a woman-he hadn’t had idea- with her back to him. He is very familiar with the man. No mistake, the white car was none other than the one owned by his friend.

Heechul.

“Mr. Cho?”

Mirri's voice had awakened Kyuhyun. The man suddenly looked a little panic, he was looking for the right place to pull over his car to the side street. He stopped in front of a Japanese restaurant, then pulled off Mirri's seat belt in a hurry, making her shocked and confused.

“Mirri-ssi, I hope you're not offended but there is a sudden matter. You can have lunch at this restaurant, you may write the bill in my name.” He leaned over, opened the door and pushed Mirri to get out of his car. “I'm in a hurry.” He continued before shut the door and then gunned the engine and went from there.

Kyuhyun returned to the place where he found the figure of Heechul. Sighed in relief when he discovered that the man was still there, still with that special woman he once told. Actually, that's what makes Kyuhyun interested. A special lady. Heechul never once talked about any woman who caught his attention, not anymore after the incident when he was dumped by the woman he loved.

Laid his hands upon the steering wheel as he his lower lip using his index finger, Kyuhyun watched Heechul's movements from afar. He was curious. Who is that woman? Because seems like he suddenly felt familiar with the slender body, her familiar gesture.

Heechul put a red rose with no thorns behind her ear, he grinning broadly. But suddenly the laughter is gone, replaced by a look of tenderness as he pushed a strand of her hair to the side of her ear. Damn, Heechul looks like a man in love, in a deep love and filled with sincerity. Kyuhyun could instantly guess it just by looking at it from afar.

A smile touched Kyuhyun's lips.

He's happy to see Heechul is happy. Finally, after all this time Heechul found his dream woman.

But suddenly, Kyuhyun leaned in to get a clear vision. He might not be wrong, because the thing that surprised him was that special lady's belly. Is she pregnant? What exactly Heechul’s doing? He loves a widow or a woman who still has a husband?

And even more surprising was when she was finished choosing flowers she wants, then turned around as she walked toward Heechul's car.

It was a woman who had haunted Kyuhyun's mind.

Yes, no doubt.

Song Hyerin.

***

hi guys! I'm in a good mood. just as you know that the next chapter is an end of this story.

Hope you're not disappointed while I'm the one who felt relieved here hehe until then! ^^

 

 

PS: Sorry for typos :p