One

A Wedding Ring

A night in the gloomy winter. A big house looks from the outside as dark as without occupants, making anyone who would pass the house chose to take another path.

Street lights around the house, often flickering endlessly which is no less made ​​the atmosphere more tense. When the wind blew, at the same time the sound of a man screaming from inside the house. An old woman who dared herself to walk in front of the house was directly taken aback, and immediately fled in haste.

Every night he kept groaned like a pain in his room, right above the bed. Always like that every time he dared himself to falling asleep.

"Han Baram..."

And he will ended up with eyes opened wide as he whispered that name many times through his mouth which is still half panting. He never dreamed of anyone other than the person he's always been called that name just now. Never once did since the death of that person.

After getting a bad dream, he would always walk into the kitchen to get a bottle of water from the fridge and then gulped it down without anything left. Slowly, he placed the bottle back on the table, then leaned in front of the refrigerator, closing his eyes. He sighed deeply, muttering again.

"Han Baram..."

Never intended to illuminate the entire house with light, he still let his house in the dark and in a quiet atmosphere.

The people around his house did not ever assume that the house is haunted, but they know very well why they never tried to get close to the house nor the owner because they know the man's psyche that they think he is insane.

Not like that. The man is very sane actually. He only lost half of his soul that was snatched away by the person most precious to him, that person has carried away his soul to die with her​​.

Realizing he had been standing there for quite a long time, he opened his eyes and stepped slowly toward the open terrace in front of him. The window was wide open and made ​​the dark blue curtains that covered it flying here and there followed the rhythm of the wind. He was intentionally letting it like that because he likes the wind, wind... Baram (바람).

He remembers everything clearly. Under self consciousness, he held a ring attached to his left hand ring finger. He smiled, but it appears to be greater sadness in his eyes. Bitter and painful.

"Eomma! Tell me where’s Kyuhyun? Hurry, Eomma!"

In the silence and warmth of the Cho family residence, there always was a nuisance tranquility. She always came with a rush, shouting loudly, no matter who was dealing with her at that time. But without her, the Cho family residence would be so quiet. She was actually the bearer of happiness in the family, even though she was not one of the family members.

"What's the matter? Why are you so hurry?" Mrs. Cho, the mother of a man who was being sought by the girl, asked in a tone of wonder.

"I have to tell this to him!"

"Tell him what?"

Mrs. Cho once again asked, this time she looked away from her. Return focus to crochet she was doing. They actually indeed was in the living room. At first, Mrs. Cho was enjoying her day off, but the girl’s arrival messed her calm day off in a flash. Yeah, Mrs. Cho is the owner of a coffee shop in the district of Gangnam.

"I will go to the same university as Kyuhyun, are you happy, Eomma?" Asked the woman with sparkling eyes.

"Really?" Mrs. Cho immediately stop her activities and turned to the girl with the same eyes sparkled and no less enthusiastic. "You're accepted in Kyunghee University?"

She nodded in happiness, "That's right, Eomma. How is it? Did you also glad to hear it?"

Obviously she was delighted to hear the good news. She even longed for this girl who will be a companion for her son one day in the future. Only this girl she could count on, because her son is hard to be regulated and will only obedient to this girl. She had known her since she was a child, she was very confident that she is the right woman for her son. She will be his wife and a lifelong friend for her son. Although in fact, they both had been friends since they were little.

Expression of the elderly woman changed when she realized that there was something she had to say to the innocent girl in front of her. She smiled softly as she the girl's hair.

"But you know, Baram-ya. Kyuhyun would have graduate next week, he won’t be there anymore." The old woman explained with a sad face.

"What?"

"What is it?" A man dressed in formal suit and black trousers approached the two women who were sitting on the couch.

"Kyuhyun-ah, you're home?"

Mrs. Cho welcomed the arrival of her son as she approached him and hugged him tightly. Leaving alone Baram who frozen in place. She does not believe this, Kyuhyun never told her about his graduation. And he kept telling her to quickly pass and followed him into Kyunghee University. While she had taken the trouble to study hard in order to pass with a satisfactory grade without knowing that she would be accepted there while Kyuhyun himself is going to graduated.

She knew difference in their ages, Kyuhyun 4 years older than her. However, Kyuhyun often told her that he would not graduated that fast, and he'll be waiting at Kyunghee University so that they could go to campus together, spend more time together there. But the truth is... it was all a trick that he used in order to make her enthusiastic. She felt like being lied to, even for her own good.

"You..." Baram rise from her seat and walked slowly toward Kyuhyun, while Mrs. Cho took several steps to give them both a bit of privacy. "...you're a fool, Cho Kyuhyun." She uttered softly as she gritted her teeth in frustration.

"Huh?"

"How can you lied to me that apparently you'll graduation next week? You did not even say anything to me. Do you think I'm that stupid?" She does not realize that her tears had been dripping slowly but surely rolling down her cheeks, making Kyuhyun startled to see it.

Then... he would scream out loud when recalling those memories pieces that accidentally landed on his head. Though only for a moment, but he really sorry for all the stupid things he did to her.

On the next day... he will find himself just doing the same thing in that house full of darkness. Shouting, wailing, confined himself, and regretted everything. Although in fact he did not do anything wrong. He did all that just for the good of her. The woman whom he loved. And the crash that took her from his side.

To Be Continued...

 

I made this story as slow as possible... step by step, as well as the plot. I hope you understand the storyline. This is just the beginning before Kyuhyun met Song Hyerin. You'll find out in another chapter.

Don't forget to leave ur thoughts about this chapter... I want to know ur opinion.

>>> The Girl's Scream

>>> Miss Perfect vs Mr. Pathetic

>>> Blacknorm