Sixteen

A Wedding Ring

“Go,” Kyuhyun growled, his voice is so terrifying that Hyerin unconsciously retreated a few steps because of fear. “You, whatever your name is, get out of here.” He emphasized in a tone that more horrifying.

“Kyuhyun, she's Han Ba—”

“Don’t ever dare to mention the name of my wife,” Kyuhyun immediately interrupted Donghae to finish his statement. “she's dead.” He said.

“Kyuhyun, she is here to help—”

“You too, Hyung,” This time Heechul's sentence which he interrupted. “Get out of my sight. You two.”

Hyerin retreated a few steps away. Her whole body trembled violently. She was shaken since Kyuhyun showed that dreadful gaze, and now she began to feel that she can no longer hold her weight. Her legs were buckled, she insist on not to fall and tried to standing upright. Though she knows, it only takes a few words more from Kyuhyun to make her literally fell to the floor.

“You're not my wife.” Kyuhyun stated again, his gaze is completely on hers. To make the woman intimidated is his intial purpose.

“Kyuhyun, don’t frighten her.” Ryeowook finally spoke up.

Hyerin backwards one more step, it made her hit the door. No, Kyuhyun, please. She pleaded silently.

“Leave. Now.”

With that, Hyerin turning on her heel and then leave. Heechul ran after her. The woman walked as quick as possible down the corridor with her dreamy eyes, and her shattered hearts. Her fingers were tugging at each other with exasperation that was so deep, so great. She was nervous, dazed, or even crazed. The fear was going through her pulse, that made her could decide to plunge herself into the abyss. Of course, that decision is a madness, but whatever she wants to do is to avoid Kyuhyun's dreadful gaze. The gaze that could intimidated and killed her at the same time. Heechul pulled Hyerin's arm and made ​​turning her body to face him. He clutched at Hyerin's both palms using his left hand, while his right hand grabbed her chin and lifted it slowly.

“Hyerin,”

“I've thought this would happen, but I was unprepared. I’m never prepared. He looked at me as if to kill me, he hates me.” Hyerin started to blab.

“Relax, Hyerin. Everything would be fine.” Heechul touched Hyerin's spine and gave her gentle to put her at ease.

“I should prepare for this, I shouldn’t have going backwards like a loser when he told me to go. I should have stayed there and told him that I wasn’t a threat to him, that I didn’t want him to hate me.”

Heechul didn’t have any idea as to what he supposed to do, he was so sorry to hear all of that, he too come to feel Hyerin's agony. Hesitated, he grabbed Hyerin's petite body and wrapped his arms around her. Hugged her and whispered. “Hush, now. Hush, Hyerin. He will forgive you as soon as possible.”

“No, he will not. Oh, Oppa, he really hates me.”

Hyerin burst into tears, wetting Heechul's shirt. He didn’t even care, as long as this woman out of her melancholy. He let Hyerin to shed her tears, no matter how much it was. Hell, he will do anything to make her better, make her laugh again as he had seen not long before Kyuhyun woke up.

***

Drip... drip... drip...

Awareness swept Hyerin rapidly, kept her awake with eyes nearly popped out. Droplets of water echoed, making her difficult to get back into the dream world. The more she tried to ignored it, the louder the sound.

Hyerin still lying on her bed, a thin, pale white nightgown wrapped her. But it did not help her to warm the atmosphere that night. She was cold and scared. There's a great desire to pushed her up as soon as possible and went to the bathroom, but the fear held her with equal strong.

Without realizing it, she felt a space beside her using. Kyuhyun. He was supposed to be there, held her very closely when they were sleeping. Then where did that guy?

Slowly, still remains in the same position, Hyerin turned her gaze. She frowned as her eyes caught a shirt lying on the floor. As she unveil the blanket, she went up to the neglected shirt. Hyerin touched it, then her eyes widened. Wet? Water?

No. Not only there. The water splattered everywhere. The old fear back to her. Her eyes followed the direction where the water was coming, and she made ​​up her eyes wider this time.

The bathroom.

Bile rose, without thinking she ran into the bathroom. Water was everywhere, but she found that the water changed its color. Red? No, it was maroon. Blood? Her anxiety and fear didn’t just stop there, as if the world stopped spinning when she found a body lying helpless in the bathtub. The body was submerged in the water, and worse it was the body of Kyuhyun.

Hyerin abruptly widened her eyes, her breath ragged, and irregular. She found herself staring at the ceiling roof of her room, and was still lying on the bed. All the horrible scene was not real, and she was grateful for that fact.

The dream felt so real, Hyerin can not tell whether she was still in dreamland or not. When she slowly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, she remembered the dream again. Of course, the dream was very clear and she had just come out of it a few minutes ago. As she washing her face, Hyerin take a deep breath and then slowly let it out. She hoped when she returned to the hospital today, just maybe Kyuhyun’s condition has improved. Maybe yesterday he was just a little shaken up, and maybe she would visit him again and found the man was smiling at her. Yes, she was hoping all that would thoroughly happen.

In that enthusiasm, Hyerin immediatly take a bath and then get ready to the hospital. Heechul did not come to pick her up, so she chose to go there using a taxi. Hyerin just walked a few steps out of the house, she stopped in her tracks suddenly. Three black sedans parked in front of the house, coupled with three handsome men with expensive suits who were smiling friendly at her.

Hyerin used the back of her hand over , she amused to see the three men. There's just their behavior that makes her, aware or not, smiling or laughing.

“Morning, gentlemen.” Hyerin greeted them, she was standing right in front of Eunhyuk with his trademark smile.

“Morning, Miss Song.” Eunhyuk replied kindly.

“You're so formal.”

“You first that provoked me.”

“Well, Eunhyuk, stop flirting with Miss Song.” Donghae pulled Hyerin’s arm, making her clinging tightly his body.

“Umm... Donghae-ssi.” Hyerin tried to tell him that she...

“She can’t breathe, Lee Donghae.” Ryeowook grumbled as he returned Hyerin to her original position. “You shall not flirt with another man's wife. I guess that's what Kyuhyun would say.” He continued with a laugh, instead of laughing, the others was silent.

Oh, of course. Ryeowook didn’t help at all. Yesterday was a heavy blow for Hyerin, and Ryeowook was not supposed to say about such a taboo thing at the moment.

“Oh, Hyerin, do you intend to the hospital?” Donghae who tried to divert the awkwardness was asking.

“If so, then you have to rush into my car. We are very late.” Eunhyuk said playfully, his smile never faded from his cheerful face.

Shortly thereafter, Donghae helped Hyerin to get into Eunhyuk’s car, followed by Ryeowook and he himself afterwards.

***

“He didn’t want to see you.” Kim Hana, Kyuhyun's mother, had just come out of her son’s room and told Hyerin what happens. “I'm sorry, Hyerin-ah.” She looked down and felt guilty.

“Go home, Song Hyerin.”

The sound made ​​Hyerin hastily tilted her head, in front of her was Ahra given her attentive smile and sincerity. She could not understand it any more than the two, and she was touched when she heard Ahra called her by her full name.

“Mrs. Cho, Eonni.” Hyerin began tearfully, she could not stem the sense of sadness and relief. Sad because she can not meet with Kyuhyun, and relieved that finally Ahra shows her concern.

“I'm sorry, Hyerin. I don’t expect that Kyuhyun would be like this.” Ahra placed her hand on Hyerin’s back, her expression was sad. “I should be very happy because he remembers everything, but I didn’t know he's going to behave like this to you.”

Hyerin immediately dissipating her body into the arms of Ahra without saying anything, she sobbed there while Kim Hana could only gave her a pat on the back to make her calm. Hell, this is not okay. Or change anything. Never both.

Even Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook, none of them were able to helped her. Nothing could be fixed anymore. Kyuhyun had refused to see her, it has to be strong evidence that he really did not want her. Can not forgive her.

***

On the way home, with her pierced heart, the tears did not stop flowing, and the feeling of heartbreak mixed. Hyerin curled up in the passenger seat as she buried her face in her palms. Donghae and Ryeowook did not go with them, so there's only Eunhyuk in the driver's seat looking at her in the rearview mirror.

Song Hyerin. An innocent woman who only know about the happiness of others, now can only weep about her sad fate. She was just a fragile woman, when she was touched by a finger tip, she would scattered into pieces and fall apart. It would be difficult to put back together, or restored.

 “I'll take you back to Kyuhyun's home.” Eunhyuk stated while occasionally glancing in the rearview mirror. “Or do you want to eat first?”

Hyerin did not answer. She continued to cry. Eunhyuk had no other choice but to take her back to Kyuhyun's. At least he would not be home until tomorrow, and Hyerin can soothe herself in the meantime.

When Hyerin got home, she found Heechul was packing things into a suitcase. Her stuff. Her suitcase. For God's sake, what is he trying to do with the suitcase and her stuff?

“What are you doing, Oppa?” Hyerin vocalized her thought.

“As you can see, I was packing up your things.” The man replied modesty.

Hyerin approached him, “I know that. What I meant is... you're trying to get rid of me?” The rest of tears still rolling down her cheeks, and as she said it, she sounded like she was sobbing.

“I'm trying to protect you more precisely.” Heechul did not stop from his activities, he did not turn to look at the eyes of Hyerin either.

“From?”

Hyerin saw Heechul stiffened, he instantly stopped packing belongings into a suitcase. She heard him sighed deeply. Turned around, his arms folded as he staring at Hyerin with a look of compassionate.

“Look, if tomorrow Kyuhyun find you still at home, I can not guarantee what will happen to you—”

Heechul have not had time to finish his sentence, Hyerin interrupted him with questions first. “You mean he's coming home tomorrow?”

“It doesn’t matter when he comes home, the important thing is when Kyuhyun saw you—”

“He would yell at me? Get rid of me?” She interrupted again. “I don’t care, I—”

“Song Hyerin!” Heechul snapped at her. He can not stand this woman's stubbornness, he did not understand anymore how to explain the situation that he feared would happen. Slowly, he walked over Hyerin. When they are just a few steps away, Heechul stopped. Having closed his eyes tightly and sighing deeply, he looked at her more gently. “It's not about whether you care or not. But, do you realize how often you cry due to his actions? I mean, look at you now, you have just wept even after knowing that he didn’t want to see you.”

Hyerin frowned, “You know?”

Heechul's hand came to wipe her face, wiped that tear that used to stuck there. “Who would not be aware of this damp cheek?”

“No, not that. I mean, you know he did not want to see me again even when you were not there.”

“He told me before you.” Heechul admitted.

Hyerin lowered her head, she felt her eyes wet again but she opted to stay. “Oh.” It was all she could say, short and clear despite the implied tone of disappointment there.

“I'm afraid he's not just going to shout and cast you out. I'm afraid he would hurt your feelings, and it is more suffocating than anything.” Heechul touched her chin, then lifted it slowly, forcing her to looked at him. “But of course that's your choice. I'm just trying to protect your feelings.”

“Why?” Hyerin muttered quietly. “Why are you doing all this? I even just a stranger, an outsider.”

Heechul suddenly lost for words, he was not able to find the right answer to this one, yet. What should he do? He himself don’t know why. It is true that initially Song Hyerin just an outsider who then entered into the life of his friend by bringing along all the problems with her. A woman who suddenly offered to help his friend out of misery, but actually make things worse. Rummaging through reality into illusion, destroying his fortifications as a friend who was trying to protect his best friend. Turn him into a man full of caring, from a stubborn and arrogant man who only know about the security and safety of his friend. What kind of answer is this woman want? What is the answer that he himself had for this question? Why he desperately needed to protect this woman's heart from the pain that probably shackled her?

“Because I'm your oppa.” Heechul instead said.

With that, he turned around. Hastily stepped into the kitchen, leaving Hyerin just like that with the suitcase and stuff that he had settled.

“Oppa,” Hyerin tried to call him.

“Go to sleep. You may take your time before actually leaving this place. Tomorrow, early in the morning, we have to leave.” He said as he kept walking without looking back at all.

“Heechul oppa... you're so weird.” Hyerin whispered to herself.

***

Hyerin woke up with a loud groan escaped from . A headache that attacked her was so strong and sharp, her head felt like it had been thrown by many stones in repeatedly. She did not remember having a dream, her sleep was not so soundly. As there are loads which makes her difficult to sleep.

She got out of bed and then walked slowly toward the desk near the window after realizing that was dry, she needed a drink. There is a big pot of water and a glass on the desk. As she poured water into the glass, Hyerin staring out the window. Morning dew and fog was still pretty thick out there, blocking the view of the beautiful grounds commonly served in the morning. She gulped down a glass of water to express her disappointment as to not being able to see the beautiful scenery.

Yeah, pretty disappointed considering that today is the last day for her to be in this house. Realizing that, she remembered Kyuhyun. The man would be fine without her. He will continue his life by going to the office in the morning, go out to eat during breaks, and then back to the office. Coming home from the office, he'll probably go out with his friends for a drink. Or looking for women perhaps?

Women.

Hyerin feel her chest tightened. She could not imagine how Kyuhyun will find another woman, date her, then marry her. It was, however, slashed her heart. But he will need a companion, sooner or later after her leaving.

Dissolved in her own thoughts, Hyerin barely aware that she was not alone in the room. It was not until she heard someone clearing his throat loud enough to wake her from her reverie.

Hyerin turned quickly and found Kyuhyun was leaning on the door with his arms crossed, his eyes cold as if he could kill anyone who saw it. Brow lifted slightly, indicating that he was quite astonished. And Hyerin alone can not help but tensed in her spot, her eyes widened in surprise.

“Isn’t this my room?” Ask the man coldly, before Hyerin could answer, he immediately went on. “You're not supposed to be here.”

Kyuhyun waited for a split second for Hyerin to answer, but nil. Not getting an answer, he then moved forward with firm and wide steps. Inevitably, Hyerin instinctively moved backwards. But unfortunately she could not go anywhere because of the desk behind her.

“Do you deserve to be here?” Kyuhyun asked in a flat voice, as sharp as a knife. His steps is getting sharper, the more he moved forward, the smaller the distance between them.

“Kyuhyun.” Hyerin stuttered just as Kyuhyun's body was so close to her, he crushed her body to the desk. Made her difficult to breathe. Oh no, even before he approached her, Hyerin had forgotten how to breathe.

“You,” Kyuhyun put his hands on the table, locked Hyerin in between his body and the desk. “completely had forgotten my orders to stay away from my view?”

Hyerin immediately shook her head, her face bowed down. Fear enveloped her like the morning mist. “I... I had intended to go this morning before you—”

“Look at me.” Kyuhyun commanded, he lifted her chin harshly. “Too late.” He said when he found Hyerin's eyes looked into his.

Lord, save this woman. Those eyes... Hyerin did not know what it was, but it was terrible. As if Kyuhyun could eat her anytime with that look.

“Are you trying to kill me?” Hyerin asked innocently.

“I'd make you suffer, rather than finish off your life.” Kyuhyun stated. “You are a who dared to lie to a poor man who was left by his wife. I think to make you suffer is the penalty.”

Nice. Kyuhyun just said the most painful sentence Hyerin ever heard in her life, and he had managed to hurt her, until it is difficult to be healed.

The desire to hit him, all of a sudden appeared so strong in her pulse. But instead of punched him, Hyerin just responded with defiance. Not only that, coupled with a look of disgust.

“Oh, look at that. Now you even dare look at me like that.” Kyuhyun grunted. “Heechul hyung, how much he'd offered you to do all of this play, huh?”

What else was that? Hyerin is not expected with all the allegations. How could he charged her with those cheap allegations like that? Hyerin chose to remain silent. She did not want to answer Kyuhyun. As strong as her desire to tell him the truth that happened, it will not change anything. She knew Kyuhyun would not trust her words that easy.

“One hundred million? Five hundred?” Kyuhyun continued to interrogate Hyerin mercilessly. “One billion?”

Heartless. That's the most appropriate word for a man who was berating her. This man is not Kyuhyun who ever she knew. This guy totally heartless and a jerk. Hyerin's body began to tremble, she thought that the morning breeze was piercing to her bone. Though not a morning breeze that made ​​it that way, but the attitude of Kyuhyun.

“This body,” Kyuhyun touched Hyerin's neck, then down to her cleavage. “Is it that easy to giving your ity to a guy who you barely knew for the sake of money?”

Somehow, the power of nowhere, but suddenly Hyerin embolden herself to give Kyuhyun a hard slap on his left cheek. He groaned in pain. Touching the cheek that Hyerin had punched him, but Kyuhyun laughed sarcastically.

“Give me that thing.” Kyuhyun said firmly.

Hyerin did not understand what he want, until finally Kyuhyun raised his right hand by force and showed her what he meant.

A wedding ring that belong to Baram.

“This thing is not yours.” Kyuhyun said, taking off his thing from Hyerin's finger. “What else your effrontery that have you done besides this?”

“Shall I tell you?” Instead Hyerin said, her voice sounded so weak and helpless. “Though I tell you the truth, is it possible that you're going to trust me? I guess not. I’m very much doubt it.”

“How could a liar like you kept truths, it's impossible.”

“Thought so.” Hyerin snickered, and then she tried to free herself from the prison of Kyuhyun's body.

After it worked, Hyerin immediately ran for Heechul to bring her home as soon as possible from the house which full of gloom. Kyuhyun was left alone, frozen in his place.

***

Typed this while I listened to the sad song T___T