Fourteen

A Wedding Ring

Hyerin woke up earlier than Kyuhyun who was still asleep. She ran straight to the bathroom and then locked the door tightly, she didn’t know what she was doing to herself, she's just trying her best to keep a distance from Kyuhyun. She stopped in front of the mirror before finally turned and leaned against marble tiles. She buried her face in her hands as she wept. Tears continued to flow down from her eyes, and her body shook so badly. She looks like a lunatic who does not know what she should do in addition to dwell there and continued to cry.

The woman lifted her head slowly, then turned back to the mirror. Watching herself in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen, so are her lips, and her face was flushed. What she did last night with Kyuhyun? What had happened? Her body is very sore, too difficult to move her legs and she felt a tremendous pain in her groin. Did they really... Oh God...

Hyerin closed her eyes very tight as if she were in pain, but no, she was trying to remember the events of last night. She remembered very clearly. Oh God, she remembers everything. Hyerin trying to braced herself, she opened her eyes slowly. Her hands were moving very slowly, her fingers on her face and then moved to her earlobe. Down to the neck, she saw there are red spots that spread along the lines of her veins. Her eyes filled with tears again when her gaze increasingly came down, she fumbled the line of the curve between her s. She lifted the dress that covered her s, she does not wear a bra, and there are also many red spots. She sheds tears.

Should she regret? As much as she wanted to repent, but deep down Hyerin feel otherwise. She had no regrets. She just felt... she herself didn’t know how she felt. Oh God, help her because it seems she was coming to love him. But the fact that Kyuhyun thought of herself as Baram is a heavy blow to her, it's her burden. That's what made her sick, sore, and weeping. Hyerin wanted him to caressed and loved her as herself, not as Han Baram. But unfortunately, she could not impose the will. The more she tried to pressed Kyuhyun on the fact, the more distant he is from healing. Hyerin didn’t want it to happen. She just wanted to see Kyuhyun happy, although she had to sacrifice her own happiness.

Who is to blame? Yourself, Song Hyerin! You started all this, you yourself the one who dared to entered into his life! All would be fine if you didn’t interfere in the lives of the poor man.

Hyerin looked at herself once again in the mirror, staring at her own eyes. She smiled cynically at the shadows, and she realized all was her fault. She shouldn’t be regret or even retreat, she will keep trying until Kyuhyun healed. Yes, hopefully.

“Baram, Han Baram! Open the door!”

The woman heard a loud knock on the bathroom door, made her reeling in shock. She immediately washed her face and smoothed her dress, then with a rush she opened the door. She saw Kyuhyun was standing there with a stricken face, she wished her appearance is not so bad and didn’t make him suspect that she had been crying. She tried to smile when Kyuhyun pulled her hand.

“What are you doing in there? I called many times before.” He demanded impatiently, Hyerin didn’t expect that Kyuhyun would be that panic.

“I...“ Had not had the chance to finish, Kyuhyun was pulled her into his embrace.

“Oh God... Baram, don’t make me think you ran away because you was surprised to find yourself on the bed with me.” He said softly, but his voice cracked.

“No... I was...”

“You didn’t know how scared I was if you ever think I'd force you to give me the child, I...”

Hyerin upset, she didn’t understand what this man thinks. She withdrew herself from his embrace and then put a finger on his mouth to shut him up.

“Shh. What are you saying? I never thought like that, Kyu.” Hyerin said softly. “I enjoyed it.” She said sheepishly.

Kyuhyun smiled, his hand cradled her cheek lovingly.

“I was just too shocked to get a bad dream, and then I get dressed and went to the bathroom.” Hyerin lied. “Last night, I told you that I would do anything to lighten your burden, and I did it, didn't I?”

Kyuhyun nodded, his hand her arm gently. “You're right, I was just too anxious.”

“You know Kyu, you should not keep your burden alone while you have me, your wife. It would be better if you're willing to share with me.” Hyerin explained intently. “Tell me, what problems are you facing in the office? Maybe I can help, and although I can’t, at least you share it with me.”

“Many of my partners withdraw their shares from the company lately, I... probably going to bankrupt if this continues to happen.” Kyuhyun said honestly, looked great concern on his face. “And I was hard to focus because my head hurt constantly.”

Hyerin nodded, she understood why Kyuhyun said last night if she would remain at his side when he was falling into poverty. So, this is why. She thought.

“Hey, did you forget? You have friends who are happy to be able to help your company from bankruptcy. Seek advice and help from them.” Said Hyerin, she remembered all the three best friends of Kyuhyun besides Heechul.

“Yeah, I almost forgot. Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Ryeowook. I think they are reliable.” He agreed with confidence.

“And about your headache... How long have you had headaches?”

“Almost one month.”

“My God, Kyu, I think we should get to the doctor to check it. I'm afraid this is a serious matter.”

He kissed his wife's forehead, then said. “I guess you're right, will do.”

***

“I think he's just having a little stress.” A doctor told Hyerin.

The woman nodded slowly. Her eyes lost somewhere while sitting in front of a doctor who recently examined the state of Kyuhyun. They were in the doctor's personal room, while Kyuhyun was in the patient's room.

“But...” Hyerin hesitated. “Are you sure he didn’t run into something? I mean...” She was lost for words to describe her point.

The doctor frowned, then asked. “As recalled the forgotten things, you mean?”

This time Hyerin nodded with certainty. “My husband... he was suffering from serious depression and experiencing a kind of illusion for approximately 3 years. I think he slowly began to recall what he had forgotten during the illusion.”

“Based on the results of X-Ray, I did see a slight discrepancy in his right brain nerves and I also suspect the same thing, ma'am. But it looks like Mr. Cho looks normal. He's healthy enough by the results of the examination.”

“All right, I understand.” Hyerin rose and then shook the doctor's hand. “Thank you very much, Doc.”

“You’re welcome, Mrs. Cho.”

Hyerin out of the room and stopped abruptly to see Kyuhyun with his expression that she couldn’t describe. The man winced as if waiting for an answer from his wife.

“What did the doctor say? Why shouldn’t I know? “Kyuhyun asked.

Hyerin smiled softly, she reached the man's face and then cradled it. “Who says you're not allowed to know? This is the result.”

Hyerin handed a piece of paper to Kyuhyun, and he immediately grabbed it without a second thought and then read it. He didn’t show any expression when read the the results of the examination, he then lifted his face to meet Hyerin’s gaze.

“I had mild stress?” Kyuhyun asked in surprise.

“Uh-huh.”

“I thought I was experiencing severe stress, given the fact that I actually be made ​​busy by some work these weeks.” Kyuhyun laughed, a mocking laughter to himself. “And the result is... wow. I only experienced mild stress, it surprised me.”

Hyerin giggled, this guy is really unpredictable. Sometimes creepy, funny, and silly.

“You should be grateful and not being stupid like that, Kyu.”

***

Hyerin was making dinner when she heard the knock on the door. She put the last plate on the table, then walked toward the door. The woman was stunned and just stood there to see who was at the door. Heechul had told the family of Kyuhyun, showed her the photos of his father, mother, and sister. She just didn’t think that one of the family member now was standing in front of her, eyes widened in incredulity. As surprised as she felt.

Cho Ahra.

“Oh my God!” The woman exclaimed, she jumped a few steps back, her hands clutching to her chest as she thought it'll jump out. “Baram?”

“Eonni, I...”

“For God's sake, are you really Han Baram?” Ahra choked but she tried to remain calm.

“I think it would be better if you get into the house first.” Hyerin pulled Ahra’s arms, then led her to the living room.

Hyerin was helped Ahra to sit, then she took a seat directly opposite. Ahra still shows the shocked face, she still couldn’t believe what she was seeing right now. Han Baram? Alive, breathing, talking, and sitting in front of her? How can it possibly happen? Could she saw was a ghost?

“Tell me I'm not looking at a ghost.” Ahra demanding.

“Eonni, you're not looking at a ghost.” Hyerin began, her face reflecting the incredible anxiety.

An then, Hyerin told her everything, the truth that she is not the Baram and everything that had happened to her that now could be in the presence of Ahra. Hyerin’s so called sister-in-law didn’t believe her, Ahra used her hand to cover in shock. She just couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“No way.” Only that sentence that comes out of the mouth of Ahra shortly after Hyerin finished explaining. “Who else knows about this?”

“Besides me and Heechul oppa, they are Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook Oppa.” Hyerin said. “Eonni, I know this is impossible. But this is the only way, and we, I and Heechul oppa, just wanted the best for Kyuhyun.”

“But you lied to my brother!” Ahra snapped. “You all fooled him with this pretense.” She got up from her seat abruptly.

“It's for his recovery, Eonni.” Hyerin tried to hold Ahra but deflected by her arms, making her re-sitting. “Eonni, listen to me.”

“You, whoever you are, are not have a right to do all of this to my brother. What if all these lies only worsen the situation rather than healed him? How he would react if he knew the truth? What if...”

“Ahra.”

Suddenly, the deep voice had Ahra’s gaze turned to the other side of her shoulder, she found the man whom she knew was standing in the doorway carrying a large suitcase, sunglasses covering his rounded eyes. He was surprised.

Of course. He will be very surprised to find a person who thought she was not coming, and had the easiest chance to unload all this pretense.

“Heechul oppa?” Hyerin and Ahra exclaimed in unison.

“Stop the rant of yours.” He said firmly, his legs began to move forward slowly but surely. “You could have hurt the feelings of a woman who willingly had brought many progress to Kyuhyun.”

“Oppa,”

“Ahra,” Heechul cut it quickly. “You act like this because you have not seen Kyuhyun showed the rapid progress.”

“What do you mean?”

Heechul didn’t hurriedly to answer. Placing suitcase beside him, he sat down with the most casual style and elegant at the same time.

“What I mean is,” used his right hand to take off his sunglasses before continuing, “he smiled during this month.”

Ahra frowned. “So you mean, you, you all, doing this pretense has been that long?” Her gaze moved towards Hyerin. “You... are you and Kyuhyun...”

“Cho Ahra,”

“No, Oppa.” Ahra cut him firmly without looking at him, her eyes still fixed on Hyerin. “Look, whoever you are, it just sounds absurd to me. And you know what? You also harm yourself in this game. I will not forgive you if something happens to Kyuhyun when he knows the truth. “

With that, Ahra turning on her heel then left, leaving Heechul and Hyerin in the living room in silence. Hyerin all but cried there, she seemed like a defendant who has committed an unforgivable crime. It's just a reaction from one of Cho's family, but if everyone knows—or worse Kyuhyun know—Hyerin would not survive all of this. She knew the risks, then why did she still want to continue this? What exactly is in this woman's mind? How could she be so concerned about other people, while she had known him no more than one month? What is the bubbling feeling in her heart that she did not have the heart to leave Kyuhyun here, right now, and even willing to pass on all this for the sake of his happiness? All made ​​no sense, yet she knew this is what she wanted.

“She will go to see Kyuhyun and tell him about me.” It sounded nothing more than a sad whisper came from Hyerin’s lips.

Heechul suddenly was sitting on his knees in front of Hyerin, touching the palm of his hand on Hyerin’s cheek as he caressed it gently. She feels like getting affectionate caress and warmth of a brother, and he found it in Heechul.

“Ahra will not do that.” Heechul said softly, his voice like a cool breeze in the spring. “You, Kyuyun, you guys will be fine. Trust me.”

“Oppa... I...” Hyerin cries intensified.

Heechul felt her petite body shaken under his touch, then with alacrity, he embraced her. She cried even more out of control, can no longer repress her feelings which are being confused, tired, frustrated, and mixed.

“I warned you, Song Hyerin.” Heechul whispered, as if he knew what would be said next by Hyerin.

“You're right, oppa.” Hyerin sobbed. “I think... I love him.”

***

Kyuhyun clenched his fists very tightly in the doorway, so that his veins clearly visible. He gritted his teeth and his eyes narrowed sharply. The view in front of him is really outrageous. This is not for the first time. As if patience already entered the maximum level, and he could no longer resist the indignation. Such as a turbulent flame across his nerves and demonic influence that persuaded him to destroy anything, anyone, who dared to touch his, his wife.

His legs moved forward with galloping hard but not making a sound, his hand still clenched, his eyes burning with fury. Once he got at the target, he pulled the body of presumptuous man who hugged his wife so that the man was now standing and facing him. Kyuhyun pulled the collar of the man’s shirt using his left hand, then with his right fist, he punched the man's face very strongly.

“Kyuhyun!” Hyerin screamed hysterically to see Kyuhyun inhumane punchs towards his best friend. “Stop it! Heechul oppa didn’t do anything!” He screamed again.

But as if possessed by a demon, his ears didn’t hear the warning, didn’t care about the order.

“She’s my wife, she’s mine.” Kyuhyun confirmed firmly, but it sounds nothing more than a groan of frustration. “Mine, only mine, and mine alone.”

He once again, hitting Heechul's face, while the white milky skin man didn’t do anything besides surrender himself to the treatment of Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun, please!”

Again, he didn’t hear it, instead of his punch to Heechul became increasingly intens. Five he had given to Heechul's smooth face, making both fall to the floor with Kyuhyun was above him and still beat him.

“And I don’t allow anyone to touch what is mine.” Kyuhyun added.

Hyerin immediately ran toward them, holding the hands of Kyuhyun with hers as Kyuhyun was about to beat Heechul for the seventh time. Stopped abruptly, Kyuhyun looked over his shoulder and found his wife in tears. His senses back, Kyuhyun got up to hug his wife and left Heechul who was lying on the floor with blood all over his face and head.

“Have you gone mad?” Heechul however has made the effort to release his voice, even though his voice broken and he had to endured the pain.

Kyuhyun glanced with his cynical and deadly gaze. “You stole a chance to get close to my wife while I was not there.” He said without loosening his possessive embrace on his wife’s body.

Hyerin raised an eyebrow in confusion, she didn’t think that Kyuhyun could act really jealous and brutal as earlier.

“What the hell, I'm your friend.” Heechul reminded him.

“Friend?” Kyuhyun grunted. “Friends are not going to betray his best friend.”

“Damn!” He cursed in annoyance. “I swear to God, I'm not stealing opportunity, Cho Kyuhyun!”

“You think I didn’t know your interest in Baram since she’s still a freshman? Don’t fool me, Kim Heechul.”

Heechul frowned. “You're delusional! I have never paid the slightest attention to Baram.” He snapped, making himself coughed so hard to breathe. “It was only exist in your simpleton illusion, Kyuhyun!”

Kyuhyun frowned in surprise, his grip loosening. His pain in his head became worsen out of sudden. He glanced at Heechul, but his eyes seemed to blur. He was about to speak when unconsciousness bound him, blanketed him in a blackness not even in a second. He could have just fell onto the floor, but a tiny hands holding him tightly so that he remained steady in the tiny hands’ embrace.

***

Been a while hehe~~

Sorry for typos, too lazy too edit :p

So... what will happen next? See you in the next chapter!~^^