Chapter 8

Cinderella

                Jayne parked her car in the parking lot and got out. She pressed the lock on her keychain and walked up to the building. A tiny bell rang as she walked through the door, alerting the staff of a customer. She greeted the secretary and made her aware of her appointment.

                “Ms. Fleming, right this way. We’re so glad to have you spend your day with us. I see that you have ordered a massage and facial with a chemical peel. Have you ever been here before?” Ms. Jae-hwa asked as she was showing Jayne to the ladies locker room.

                “No, I haven’t. This spa is so nice, though. I know I will come back a lot more in the future.” Jayne said as Ms. Jae-hwa smiled.

                “Well, here is the locker room. When you are done changing into this outfit, the massage room will be down this hallway, first door on the left.”

                “Kamsamnida.” Jayne said. The two ladies bowed slightly and Jayne found a stall in the locker room to change clothes. Walking out into the hallway, Jayne received a text on her phone and looked down on the screen. Not looking where she was going, she bumped into a tall figure. Immediately slipping the phone into her shorts pocket, she bowed slightly. “Jeongmal joseong haeyo. (I’m so sorry)” Looking up, her eyes grew wide and she covered .

                “Jayne? What are you doing here?” Soohyun said, looking at a very surprised Jayne.

                “My coworker gave really good reviews on this spa. I was bored and felt like getting a massage and facial today. I remember you mentioning going to a spa today, but I didn’t think it would be here.” Jayne said, straightening her shirt with her hands.

                “Wow, what a coincidence. Well, it’s great seeing you again. We need to stop literally bumping into each other, though. Luckily I’m taller, so at least we’re not bumping heads.” Soohyun said as Jayne laughed.

                “I know…I feel like such a klutz. I swear I’m really not, though!” Jayne said, directing her last statement towards the blonde-haired male next to Soohyun.

                “Oh, I guess some introductions are needed. Sorry for not doing this sooner. Jayne, this is my hyung, Eli. He’s the one from the States that I mentioned. He’s not my roommate, but he is my co-worker. Eli, meet Jayne.” Soohyun said as Eli and Jayne slightly bowed to each other.

                “Pleasure to meet you. So, where in the States did you live? I was born in LA, although I grew up in DC.” Eli said as he eyed Jayne over.

                “Well, I’m actually British. I came over to the US when I was 10. I lived in Maryland for the majority of my time in the US. I also lived in South Carolina and then finally Alabama before I got my job here in Seoul.” Jayne said.

                “That is so cool. Well, welcome to Korea. Do you like it here so far?” Eli asked.

                “I love it here. What were you guys going to do before I literally bumped into Soohyun?” Jayne asked.

                “Well, we were on our way to get a massage and facial.” Soohyun said. All three of them started to walk down the hallway towards the designated rooms.

                “So, Jayne, Eli and I thought that maybe the three of us could hang out sometime…if that’s okay with you.” Soohyun said nervously.

                “Really? That would be great. What did you guys have in mind?” Jayne asked as Soohyun and Eli looked at each other.

                “Well, it’s really up to you. We’ve got some places in mind, but we’re open to suggestions. How about discussing it by phone later on tonight?” Soohyun said as Jayne nodded. The three of them reached their rooms and said their goodbyes.

                “Woah…is that who I think it is?” Eli asked Soohyun as they walked into their room and lay on their stomachs to receive their massages.

                “Ye. Jayne is the girl that I like.” Soohyun said with a smile on his face.

                “Well, I can see why. You definitely need to find out if she’s got friends for the rest of us…well, at least me.” Eli smirked as Soohyun rolled his eyes. The two of them continued to make small talk as they received their massages.