Chapter 7

Cinderella

                Soohyun was in a very peaceful deep sleep when he heard his phone ring. It took him a minute to wake up out of his dream. He clumsily grabbed the phone and put it next to his ear.

                “Yeboseyo (Hello)?” Soohyun mumbled as he yawned.

                “Joh-eun achim (Good morning), Soohyun. Just wanted to call and give you the heads up that the van will be coming to pick you all up in an hour to take you to the spa. Have a great and relaxing time there. I want you guys to take advantage of this because you guys will be back to your normal schedule on Monday.” Their manager said as Soohyun sat up in bed.

                “Thanks for the call, manager. I’ll be sure to get Hoon and Dongho ready. As leader of U-Kiss, I know that myself and the others included can’t thank you enough for doing this for all of us!” Soohyun said as he swung his legs over the side of the bed.

                “Well, I appreciate that, Soohyun. I can’t thank you guys enough for all the hard work you have been doing lately. It’s the least I can do. Now enjoy your day.” Soohyun hung up the phone and stretched before getting out of bed. He made his way to Hoon and Dongho’s room. He nudged Hoon, causing him to stir in his sleep.

                “Hoon, wake up.” Soohyun said loudly. Hoon sat up quickly, wondering who woke him up and blinked at Soohyun.

                “What’s the big deal, Soohyun. Isn’t it Saturday? Why won’t you let me sleep in?” Hoon said sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

                “You will have all the time in the world to relax today. The van’s coming in an hour to pick us up to take us to the spa, remember?” Soohyun said as he walked over to Dongho’s bed.

                “Oh yeah, now I remember. Well, I guess I better get in the shower then.” Hoon got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom.

                “Dongho, time to wake up.” Soohyun said as he shook Dongho’s sleeping body. Dongho didn’t even flinch. “C’mon, Dongho…wake up. Unless you want to just sleep here and let the rest of us get all the pampering at the spa today.” Soohyun said as he started to tickle him. Dongho smacked Soohyun in his sleep. Getting an evil idea in his head, Soohyun ran to the kitchen and filled a plastic cup with some water from the sink. He returned to Dongho’s bedside and tried to get him to wake up once more. Soohyun giggled quietly and started pouring the water all over Dongho’s face and pillow.

                “What the..???” Dongho said, sputtering water out of his mouth. He immediately jumped out of his bed, pushing away the soaked locks of his hair out of his eyes. Blinking, he focused his vision and saw Soohyun as the culprit.

                “I tried to wake you up the normal way. Now that you’re awake, just wanted to let you know the van will be by to pick us up in an hour to take us to the spa.” Soohyun grinned. Dongho shot him a deadly glare.

                “I’ll get you back for that. I’ll make sure to do it when you least expect it, too.” Dongho said icily. He shook his head, sending water droplets around him. Soohyun stuck his tongue out at Dongho. Before Dongho could react, Soohyun ran to his room and locked his bedroom door. He then made his way into the bathroom that connected to his room to shower and get ready.

               

                An hour later Soohyun, Hoon, and Dongho made their way to the company van to be transported to the spa. Eli, AJ, Kiseop, and Kevin were already in the van.

                “Hey guys. What’s going on? Are you excited about today? I am so ready for a day of pampering!” Kiseop said excitedly. Soohyun, Hoon, and Dongho hopped in and took their seats. Once they were buckled in, the van started its journey to the spa.

                “I know I am!” Hoon said as there was small chatter going on between the members.

                “What’s wrong, Dongho? Why the sour face?” AJ asked at Dongho’s sulking complexion.

                “Our leader thought it would be fun to douse me in water as a wake-up call this morning.” Dongho mumbled; his arms crossed over his body.

                “Aaaahhhhh. Well, you are hard to wake up. Cheer up, Dongho. It’s not often we get to be pampered like this.” AJ said.

                “Well, as the maknae of this group, I have to preserve this baby face. I need my ‘beauty sleep.’ Not anyone can pull off this look.” Dongho grumbled. AJ chuckled to himself and shook his head.

                Half an hour later, the van pulled up to the spa and pulled around to the back entrance to ensure the boys’ privacy. The driver led them inside through the back door and they walked to the courtesy desk.

                “Alright guys, your manager has arranged a full day here at the spa. If you have any questions about what is available, Ms. Jae-hwa and the staff will be happy to answer them for you. Have fun!” The driver said and then left.

                “Welcome, guys. We hope you enjoy your day with us. There are many things we offer for your day of relaxation. Chemical peels, mud baths, sauna rooms, massages, hot stone therapy, a heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi, and vitamin shots. Where would you like to start?” Jae-hwa said as the members were choosing what to do. They decided to split up into mini groups based on the activity they wanted. The guys started going their separate ways as they chatted excitedly to each other.

                “Eli…come with me.  I want to talk to you.” Soohyun said as he grabbed his arm and pulled him over to the locker room.

                “Is everything okay? Did I do something wrong?” Eli asked at Soohyun’s sudden reaction.

                “No, nothing’s wrong. I just want to ask you for some advice. I want to go someplace private away from the others. I don’t want them to hear what I have to tell you. How about we go to one of the sauna rooms.” Soohyun said as Eli nodded. They went into the locker room to change into some shorts and a white t-shirt. Once they secured their belongings in a locker, they walked to one of the sauna rooms and sat down on the bench.

                “So, what’s going on? What advice are you seeking?” Eli asked as he leaned back and rested his arms on the bench behind him.

                “Eli, what I say to you does not leave this room, ihae doeseyo (do you understand)?” Soohyun said seriously. Eli looked at Soohyun and nodded.

                “Ihae haesseoyo (I understand).” Eli said.

                “Eli…I…I think I really like this girl I met.” Soohyun said nervously.

                “Woah, Soohyun. Really? It’s about time our leader met a nice girl. Tell me what she’s like. Where’d you meet her?” Eli said as Soohyun started telling him about how he met Jayne at the coffee shop. “She sounds really nice. So she’s from the US? So, she’s not local? Wow, look at our leader, Soohyun picking up a foreign chic.” Eli said, giving Soohyun a playful nudge.

                “Eli…” Soohyun groaned. He raised his eyebrow at him. “I really really like her a lot. What do I do? You know as well as I that our schedule makes it hard on us to date. Especially with the way we’ve been working lately. There’s something about Jayne that I can’t describe. She’s so different from any girl that I’ve met…” Soohyun said as he started to get a silly grin on his face.

                “Does she know who you are?” Eli asked, catching Soohyun off guard.

                “To be honest, I don’t know if she does or not. She said she’s only been here a few months. I asked her if she listens to KPop, and she didn’t mention our band. She said her work schedule has been keeping her busy, so she doesn’t get a chance to listen to it much.” Soohyun said as he leaned back on the bench.

                “Ah. What do you think she would say if she found out who you are?” Eli asked seriously.

                “I think that’s my biggest fear. It seems like right now she just sees me as Shin Soohyun. Not ‘Soohyun from U-Kiss.’ I’m kinda scared to find out if she does know who I really am.” Soohyun admitted.

                “Well, from what it sounds like, I don’t think she does know who you are. But, that’s a good thing, right? It’s not like she’s some crazy saesang fan.” Eli said as Soohyun nodded.

                “I just feel so comfortable around her right now. I don’t want that to change if she were to find out that I’m a KPop idol, y’know? How often do we get to show our normal side to females?” Soohyun said, dabbing at the perspiration that was forming on his forehead.

                “That’s understandable. What’s her job here in Korea?” Eli asked as he took a swig of water from his water bottle.

                “She teaches at a hagwon.” Soohyun said.

                “Aaaahhhhh…looks like our leader has the hots for the teacher, eh?” Eli said as he got up and started doing a little dance to Van Halen’s “Hot for the Teacher” song. Soohyun got up and grabbed Eli, pulling him back to the bench. He didn’t want Eli’s antics to draw attention to those passing by. “What does she look like?” Eli asked, grinning.

                “Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin, pretty tall for a woman…” Soohyun said as he started to get a smile on his face.

                “Oh my word, if she looks anything like the teacher in Van Halen’s video, I will never make fun of you again and worship the ground you walk on.” Eli said as Soohyun looked at him with a lost expression on his face. “Here, let me just pull up the video.” Eli whipped out his phone and typed in the song title on YouTube. The video began to play and Soohyun understood what Eli was talking about.

                “Oh, she’s way prettier than that.” Soohyun said. Eli’s eyes bulged and he got down on his knees in front of Soohyun.

                “Does she have a sister? Does she have any other friends? Please say yes…please say yes!” Eli said as Soohyun laughed.

                “I have no clue…haven’t asked her, yet.” Soohyun said as Eli sat back down on the bench.

                “Well, that’s the next thing you need to ask her. You have to share the love to your hyungs. Don’t be greedy now. So,…when do we get to meet her?” Eli asked, putting the phone back into his pocket.

                “Meet her?” Soohyun asked, shocked at Eli’s question.

                “Yeah…why not? We have to make sure she’s suitable for you, you know.” Eli said as he grinned.

                “I…I don’t know. Remember, she may not know anything about U-Kiss. How would I bring her around to you guys if that’s the case?” Soohyun said hoping that would be a good enough excuse.

                “Oh,…right. Well, how about if I just meet her then? You said she’s from the US and I was, too. Maybe she’d feel comfortable talking to someone who is from the States as well.” Eli said.

                “Yeah. You’re right. That’s a great idea!” Soohyun said.

                “Wait…it is?” Eli said, surprised. He didn’t think Soohyun would agree.

                “It makes perfect sense. I guess we’ll just have to set up a day and time for all three of us to hang out.” Soohyun said happily.

                “See, aren’t you glad you have me around? What would you do without me, huh?” Eli smirked as he patted Soohyun on the back. Soohyun laughed. The two of them chatted some more and Soohyun started to relax. He knew he could trust Eli and valued his advice.

                “Well, I think I’m done in this room for a while. I’m going to get a facial and massage. What are you going to do?” Soohyun asked as he stood up.

                “That sounds good to me. I’ll join ya.” Eli stood up as well and they both headed for the door. “Hey, Soohyun…” Eli said tapping him on the shoulder.

                “Hmm?” Soohyun said, turning to face him.

                “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. Above all, I want to see my hyungs happy. I hope you are. She sounds amazing.” Eli said as Soohyun smiled.

                “I am. I feel really good about this. I think you’ll like her a lot.” Soohyun said as they left the sauna room and made their way to get massages. Thoughts began to form in Soohyun’s head on getting to know more about Jayne and eventually having her meet the rest of U-Kiss. He was enjoying his day and couldn’t imagine it being any better. Or could it?