Epilogue

Cinderella

 

                Jayne sat at the coffee shop staring out the window. One year had passed since her and Soohyun had become boyfriend/girlfriend. They had just come back from their promotion over in Japan and were getting ready to debut their comeback in Korea.

                “Good morning, jagi-ya.” Soohyun said as he came up behind Jayne and wrapped his arms around her, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

                “Mmmmm. Good morning, yeobo.” Jayne said as she turned her face slightly so they could share a light kiss.

                “You have everything ready? Are we good to go?” Soohyun asked as Jayne nodded. She handed him his coffee and she grabbed hers as well as the pastries for them to munch on for breakfast. They headed out the door and walked hand-in-hand to the park area that was close-by to Jayne’s apartment complex. Grabbing her backpack, she ped the main compartment and unfolded the long blanket for them to have a little picnic on. Leaning up against a tree, Soohyun spread his legs open so that Jayne could rest her back up against his chest. He leaned his chin upon her shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her torso. The Sun was starting to rise and it created a beautiful orange glow.

                “I can’t believe it’s been a year already. I’m so glad I met you, Soo. You make me so happy!” Jayne said as Soohyun squeezed her body closer to his. He gently tilted up her face and brushed his lips over hers.

                “Saranghae, Jayne.” Soohyun said as he softly caressed her cheek. Jayne closed her eyes and focused on his touch.

                “Saranghae, Soohyun.” Jayne said as she turned her body around to face him. They shared a passionate kiss and when they were done, she wrapped her arms around him in a hug as he played with her hair.

                “Jayne, I have a song I want to sing you. Is that okay?” Soohyun asked as Jayne looked up at him.

                “I swear, to this day I still can’t believe how lucky I am to be serenaded by you. Of course you can, silly.” Jayne said as she stuck her tongue out at him.

                “Well, I don’t know if you’ve heard of this song or not, but I really like the lyrics. Once you hear them, I think you’ll know why.” Soohyun said as he started to sing.

 

Se7en – When I Can’t Sing

Naega modeungeol irheodo 
Nae ingiga tteoreojyeodo
Deo isang norael mothago 
Dareun jikeobeul kajyeodo
Naraneun iyumaneuro 
Nal gyesok saranghae jul su inni

Hwahmyeone naoneun nae moseubi 
Jincha nae jeonbuga aniran geon algo inneunji
(Algo inneunji)
Jashinkam neomchineun nae moseubi 
Nal deo buranhage haneun geon algo inneunji
(Algo inneunji)
Hwahryeohan jomyeong soge 
Seoinneun moseub dwie 
Jinhan geurimjaga jigo isseo

Naega modeungeol irheodo 
Nae ingiga tteoreojyeodo
Deo isang norael mothago 
Dareun jikeobeul kajyeodo
Naraneun iyumaneuro 
Nal kyesok saranghae jul su inni

Neoneun nal saranghanda hajiman 
Niga saranghaneun ge jeongmal naega manneunji 
(Naega manneunji)
Naege banhaetdago hajiman 
Neoreul banhage han ge jeongmal naega manneunji 
(Naega manneunji)
Niga naye pum ane
Ankyeo nal parabol ttae 
Ireon jilmuneul hago shipeo

Naega modeungeol irheodo 
Nae ingiga tteoreojyeodo
Deo isang norael mothago 
Dareun jikeobeul kajyeodo
Naraneun iyumaneuro 
Nal gyesok saranghae jul su inni

Eonjenkan oge dwehketji 
(Oge dwehketji)
Hamseong soriga jureodeun 
Mudaereul naeryeowahseo

Nae eokkaega cheojimyeonseo 
(Eokkaega cheojigo)
Kogaega tteolkwojil ttae 
(Keuttaedo) 
Nae yeope 
(Nae yeope) 
Niga 
seo isseulleonji

Naega modeungeol irheodo 
Nae ingiga tteoreojyeodo
Deo isang norael mothago 
Dareun jikeobeul kajyeodo
Naraneun iyumaneuro nae yeope 
Isseojul su itkenni mudko shipeo


Se7en – When I Can’t Sing (English Version)

Even if I lose everything, if my popularity drops
Even if I can't sing, if I get a different job
Will you still be able to love me for who I am?

Do you know that who I am on screen isn't really my everything? (Do you know?)
Do you know that my overflowing confidence makes me even more anxious? (Do you know?)
Standing under the flashing lights, there is a thick shadow behind me

* repeat

You say that you love me but
Am I really who you love? (Am I?)
You say that you fell for me but
Am I really the one who made you fall for me? (Am I?)
When you are in my arms, looking at me
I want to ask you these questions

* repeat

Someday, the day will come (the day will come)
I'll come down from the stage where the cheers have decreased
As my shoulders droop down (shoulders droop down)
My head hung low (even then)
Will you stand by my side?

* repeat

I want to ask you


 

                “Those lyrics are beautiful. Who sings it?” Jayne asked after Soohyun finished.

                “Se7en. Have you heard of him?” Soohyun asked as he kissed the top of her forehead.

                “I think I have. Not the song that you just sang, but I think maybe one or two of his other songs.” Jayne said as Soohyun nodded. “Do you think that I’m going to leave you if that would ever happen?” Jayne asked seriously, gazing into his eyes.

                “I don’t think you would. We’ve been through far too much. You don’t seem like the type of person who wants me only for that.” Soohyun said.

                “I would hope you would know that. I’ll support you no matter what you do with your life.” Jayne said as Soohyun smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

                “I will do the same for you.” Soohyun said as Jayne smiled. Their lips connected and the kiss was so sweet and pure. He deepened the kiss and Jayne moaned softly at the emotions she felt from it. Reaching into the bag from the coffee shop, Soohyun grabbed their breakfast and the two took turns feeding each other bites from it. The Sun continued to rise in the sky and shine down on them. Jayne sighed contently as she took in all of her surroundings. Her life had changed so much since she had been living in Korea. She was pursuing her dream job of being an ESL (English as a second language) teacher, she had an amazing boyfriend, and had gained a mini family from the remaining members of U-Kiss. Life couldn’t get much better than this.