'' I saw her today ''- Lee Sandeul.

Unrequited Love

'' Surprise? Jinyoung-ah, isn't this great news?'', Shinwoo excitedly hugs his soon to be brother-in-law.

'' Hyung.. this..'', Jinyoung guiltily gazes at Dal-rae. 

'' Wae? Didn't i say i was going to introduce you to my little sister properly one day?'', Shinwoo adds on.

'' No, hyung. I'm very grateful for this meeting today. It's the first time in 15 years that i'm meeting Ah-ra and she's changed so much. I-'', before Jinyoung could finish his sentence, his father interrupts him.

'' Ah-ra agasshi? Do you not accept this sudden proposal?'', Mr Jung beckons as he politely lets go of Ah-ra's hands.

Shinwoo elbows Ah-ra, signalling to her to accept the proposal. Ah-ra reluctantly turns to look at Dal-rae. Why was she getting married off earlier than Dal-rae? Shouldn't it be her sister? The perfect one? 

 Shinwoo widens his eyes at his little sister.

'' Ah-ah-ahjusshi.. it's an honor...'', Ah-ra stands up to give a bow to her future father-in-law.

'' Ahaha! Shinwoo-yah! Hurry up and set up a date for the both of them, finally i can marry my son off before i die. Especially to Ah-ra agasshi.. i should be the honored one.'', Mr Jung guffaws as he happily watches Ah-ra and Jinyoung.

 Dal-rae nauseously puts down her food utensils. After declaring the ''good'' news, everyone continued eating and Shinwoo discusses with Mr Jung about engagement plans 

'' Haha, Ah-ra is still young. My mother had always wanted to marry her off as soon as possible. Ahjusshi, i personally believe that Jinyoung will make a good husband, afterall we're like family.'', Shinwoo continues with the conversation.

'' You are right. How did agasshi meet with an accident? She doesn't remember anything at all?'', Mr Jung curiously asks Shinwoo and Ah-ra as well.

 Jinyoung focuses on Ah-ra, as if waiting to hear the story from her.

'' She was accidentally pushed off the roadside while playing. So far, she doesn't really remember much.'', Shinwoo replies Mr Jung immediately and turns to look at Ah-ra.

Ah-ra cringes her forehead as if trying to remember something. As much as she tried to remember Mr Jung and Jinyoung, she really couldn't conjure up bits of memories of the Jung's. She bit her lips harder, and looks at Jinyoung. He blankly stares at her as if expecting her to say something. 

'' Umm.. for now, i can't really recollect anything about my childhood... i don't remember anything else except for the memories with Dal-rae onni.'', Ah-ra tries to answer Mr Jung's question.

'' Ah? Dal-rae? Dal-rae must be somebody important to you..'', Mr Jung responds to Ah-ra and changes his attention to Dal-rae.

As a young child, Dal-rae had never receive attention from everyone as she was considered an ''outsider''. Mr Jung knew how much Shinwoo had hated her and had repeatedly tried to run away from home after his parents had decided to make her stay. Mr Jung kindly gave her a smile.

'' Yes, Dal-rae onni is very important to me. She's somebody that i respect very much. When i was younger, she would always brush my hair and dress me up. Whenever, omma and appa left for work, she would always take care of me. Not only that, once she tried to cook ramen for me and she accidentally burned her hands. Till today, the scar remains. Every night, she would hum me a song so that i could sleep. Therefore, i'm always grateful that i still have these precious memories with me,'' Ah-ra utters those touching words as she eyes at Jinyoung as if trying to make him guilty for insulting Dal-rae's song.

Jinyoung remorsefully looks at Dal-rae. Now, he remembers why the song in Ah-ra's notebook was so familiar. It was the song that Dal-rae often hums whenever she was feeling down. He knew the special meaning behind it, it was the last song that her mother had sang to her before she died. After seeing Dal-rae's beautiful face, he fell for her, thinking that she was the one Shinwoo wanted to introduce him to since she stood out the most and was in the same school as him. Not only that, she was totally his style, chic, classy and most importantly she understood him the most.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 Sandeul's home 

'' Yah! Lee Sandeul, that's not how you sing it.. try adding more emotions~'', Baro slaps Sandeul's shoulders as he guides him.

'' Araso! Why are you so rough! ~Nae..sarang-ah..nae sarang-ah~'', Sandeul rebutts his best friend.

'' Cut! Good! That's enough for today. Aigoo... this is so tiring...'', Baro lamented as he slumped onto the sofa.

'' Yah, Cha Baro. Aren't you going to further your studies? Do you think lazing around like this will get you any where? As a friend, i'm advising you to get a job at least..'', Sandeul starts his constant nagging again.

'' Lee Sandeul, i wonder where you got that blabbering mouth of yours. You don't even have a mother to nag at y-'', Baro suddenly cuts his sentence off as he got out of line as he mentioned about Sandeul's mother.

'' Keurae.( Fine ) Bingo! I guess i got this mouth of mine from eating too much duck meat, is that fine with you?'', Sandeul replies Baro wistfully as he sat beside Baro while folding his arms.

Baro had always tried not to talk about Sandeul's mother as it was a sensitive topic. It was the first time he saw his friend in so much grieve after the passing of his mother earlier in January. Now that it was April, the wound was still fresh in his Sandeul's heart. 

'' Yah~~ you're mad? keukeu. You're so cute when you're angry with me. By the way! Did you meet her?'', Baro tries to change the topic.

'' Shut up. 'Her'? Ah! Her! SHE WAS SO STUNNING. CHA BARO, i can die happy now.'', Sandeul exclaims as rolls down the sofa smiling to himself.

'' Really?! Daebak! Did she say anything to you?'', Baro tries to dig the story from Sandeul.

'' Let's just say..that...i saw 'her' today!'', Sandeul dully announces as he tries to hide the story from Baro.

He finally met her today. She is so graceful that falling snow envies her. Her hair is so beautiful that rain would not dare fall on it. She dresses so perfectly. Her face is so beautiful that no one notices whether she is wearing any jewellery. Sandeul curled his lips as he thought of her. Baro smirks and awkwardly laughs at his best friend's actions.

'' I'm going home first!'', Baro stands up and leaves Sandeul's house.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ah-ra rushes to her room in a fit whereas Dal-rae politely greets her parents.

'' Oh, how was the celebration? Did you fix the date for their engagement?'', Mrs Shin asks her son while she watches the tv.

 Dal-rae furiously stares at her mother.

'' She was the one who set this up? How could she do this to me? After all, i'm older than Ah-ra, why is she the one...'', Dal-rae silently thought to herself as her heart started to race from anger.

'' Yes, i was planning that we do the engagement party on Ah-ra's birthday itself. Then after Ah-ra graduates, we'll have the wedding ceremony...keukeu.'', Shinwoo laughs at the thought of his baby sister getting married.

'' Yah! Just marry her off! If she continues to stay with us, she'll probably stick to you all her life. It's time for my daughter to marry someone decent, plus our family's reputation would also improve. She's old enough to have babies, don't you know that? and you're treating her like one.'', Mrs Shin starts to nag at Shinwoo. 

Dal-rae's chest starts to feel stuffy as she hears the conversation between her brother and mother. It was as if she was invisible, they weren't even concerned about how she was feeling. Everything is about Ah-ra, Dal-rae finally realises why her mother had always reprimanded Ah-ra for so many things, it was because she wanted her ''own'' daughter to succeed in life and be at least better than her. Dal-rae absent-mindedly heads to her room.

'' Plus, my Dal-rae is too good for that Jung boy. She deserves someone better than that. So from now on, you should treat Dal-rae better. Instead of lingering around your little sister, you should set up a wedding date with Jihae already. Shinwoo-yah, you're 25! Not 20!.'', Mrs Shin adds on as she reminds her son about his girlfriend.

'' Why are you adding Jihae into this? Omma~ If you're going to be like this everyday, your wrinkles will become more prominent! Night!'', Shinwoo jokes as he heads towards Ah-ra's room.

Shinwoo slightly pushes Ah-ra's door open and peeks to look at what his little sister was doing. There she was, sitting on the edge of the bed, in a daze. Biting her lips again, thinking hard as she casts her eyes on the carpeted floor. 

'' Aigoo.. my baby...'', Shinwoo approaches Ah-ra and hugs his little sister.

'' Oppa...'', Ah-ra whines as she puts her head on his broad shoulder.

'' He's handsome isn't he? Plus, he's totally your type, he loves music and most important he's a really great person!'', Shinwoo tries to convince his little sister to try to at least like Jinyoung.

'' What do you know? I'm not sure about this... it's really frustrating that i can't remember anything! The look on Jung Ahjusshi's face, he looks so warm and familiar, but why can't i remember? Oppa, Dal-rae onni is a much suitable candidate than me... it's so awkward to be in the same class as that 'bird'.'', Ah-ra complains as she covers her face with a pillow.

'' Aha! That 'bird' was Jinyoung?! Then your work must have been really bad!'', Shinwoo retaliates as he tickles his little sister.

'' No!! Dal-rae onni's song is nice! l'll make it into a real song one day!!'', Ah-ra screams and laughs as she gets tickled.

'' To you, Dal-rae is important, as long as i'm here, i'll protect you from her.'', Shinwoo thought to himself as he continues to play around with his little sister.

 Dal-rae who was in the next room, hears Ah-ra's and Shinwoo's laughters. She leans on her door and plops to the floor. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes sparkled with ferocity at the thought of Jinyoung getting engaged to her little sister. The mention of Ah-ra and Jinyoung tore her heart into fragments, her little sister had dashed all her expectations of ' happy ever after '. 

 Dal-rae's phone vibrates 

Text from Jinyoung : I'm so sorry for today. I can't explain this.. i'm confused too. Jagiya, what are we going to do?

Dal-rae weakly reads the text and tears starts to drop as she tries to figure out how to reply her 'secret' boyfriend.

Text from Dal-rae : We'll talk tomorrow. I'm tired. Night.

 Dal-rae threw her phone aside as Jinyoung tries to call her repeatedly. She lied on the cold floor of her room as she thought of Ah-ra. The first time she entered the house, a little girl came running to her and hugged her tightly. Her name was Shin Ah-ra, wherever she went, Ah-ra would follow her. The only one that didn't judge her and understood her feelings. Since she was too young then to understand that she wasn't her real sister, Ah-ra never had any grudges against her, however, Shinwoo who was very protective of his family, hated her, and had always blamed her for everything. 

'' Don't blame me. I-i, you made me like this. If i had known, i would have pushed you even further so that you would have died...'', Dal-rae whispers to herself as tears trickled down her face.