Blinded.

Unrequited Love

Sandeul hid behind a wall and covered his mouth. 

" Why are those crazy people chasing after me?!" he thought to himself and looked around.

He hit his head against the wall as he thought about what to do next, there was no battery in his phone and it was crucial that he doesn't make unneccesary movements and noises. He slowly backed off into the dark alley to hide and find another way out, he reached out for his spectacles in his bag since his contact lenses were failing on him. 

All of a sudden, a pair of hands grabbed his shoulder and covered his mouth. Sandeul widened his eyes and immediately used his free hand to put on his spectacles. 

" I'm dead." he thought to himself and tried not to breathe.

L.Joe studied Sandeul from his head to his toe. 

" You are Ah-ra's..." L.Joe popped the question out to him while whispering into his ears.

Sandeul nodded his head and immediately showed him the ring that was on his finger. He had recognized L.Joe after hearing his voice, that made him feel relieved because Ah-ra had once said that they would never hurt her. He panicked when he realized that she had said 'her' and not him. He tilted his head slightly to the side and his heart sank. There were more people than he had expected, all together there were six people, so he was outnumbered; he thought.

Niel tried to hide his laugh when he saw fear in Sandeul's face. He elbowed Ricky and whispered.

" He's afraid of us. That's daebak."

Chunji furrowed his eyebrows and pulled both of their hoodies together. There was no time for fooling around.

" Hyung, it's him. He is the real target..." Chunji voiced out.

L.Joe exhaled and released Sandeul from his grip. He grabbed his hair, covered his face and tried to make sense of the situation. The reason why those thugs were everywhere was because the plan had been altered, it was no longer kidnapping Ah-ra. Shin Dal-rae was much more cunning than he had thought, she targeted the people that Ah-ra loved. Her friends and Lee Sandeul.

" Wh-why is this happening? Are you people trying to hurt me?" Sandeul stuttered and gulped nervously.

L.Joe shook his head and tried to speak.

" Give me your clothes." he said.

Sandeul gawked at him and hugged himself. Chunji pursed his lips and broadened his nose at the bothersome Sandeul. Without wasting time, he stripped Sandeul off to his undergarments, L.Joe did the same and switched their clothings. He was going to be the scapegoat for Sandeul.

L.Joe turned to his other members and flashed a smile. He turned to look up at the roof and there Sungyeol was, waving at him excitedly like a child with a walkie-talkie in his hands. 

" Bye!" Sungyeol mouthed those words to him and continued to observe the situation from above.

L.Joe left the scene, leaving behind a bewildered Sandeul. 

" What am I supposed to do now?" he asked and turned to the rest of the Teen Top members.

Niel shrugged his shoulders and pouted. Ricky sighed and shook his head.

" Run. You wouldn't want to stay here. It's going to be epic when the BAP and Infinite members arrive." he responded.

" S-so, I can go now?" Sandeul pointed to the exit and hesitated.

" Yeah, you can go now. Nobody is going to hurt you, they probably think you're L.Joe hyung now, just put that hoodie over your head. They're going to run away from you. So don't worry. Oh and you probably wouldn't want to call the police because your girl is going to get into trouble." Ricky explained.

" My girl? Ah-ra? We should call the police! Somebody is going to get hurt if we don't call the police." Sandeul tried to negotiate as he was afraid for his life.

Chunji rolled his eyes and grabbed Sandeul by the chest. He couldn't help it, but the thought of Ah-ra and Myungsoo who were fighting on their own at the other end made his blood boil. 

" Sungyeol hyung, update on the situation." he cried out.

" Some crazy guy is running in this direction. He's bleeding, drag him in." Sungyeol demanded.

Chunji still kept a grip on Sandeul, and turned his head to look at the remaining members. Niel and C.A.P immediately ran out and like what Sungyeol had instructed, they dragged the bleeding Baro into the dark alley. 

" What are you people?!" Baro yelled and kicked.

" Baro!" Sandeul widened his eyes and pushed Chunji off him.

Baro wiped the blood from his eyes and studied the unfamiliar person, but the voice was uncanningly familiar. 

" Sandeul?" he voiced out.

" Baro... it's me! It's me!" Sandeul cried out and hugged his best friend.

He felt so relieved after seeing Baro, he knew he was now safe. Baro patted Sandeul on the shoulder and faked a smile. Chunji walked up to Baro, and decided to update the situation to him.

" Ah-ra is at the other end with Myungsoo. Run straight and turn left, we can't leave our base yet." he explained.

Baro nodded his head and sprinted off, but was stopped by Sandeul. 

" What are you doing? Let me go. I have a job to do!" Baro yelled and told him off.

" You can use me now. I'm useful. Let's go..." Sandeul wore his hood and sprinted off first.

-----------------------------------

Myungsoo clutched his stomach and clenched his teeth. Ah-ra kept him behind her back and summoned the courage to fight back. There was no use stopping now, she pushed him to the corner and tore the sides of her dress. At least, if she wasn't going to kick them, she was going to flee and the dress wasn't going to hinder her running skills.

" You cowards. You're not L.Joe's friends... you wouldn't hurt Myungsoo if you were his friends..." she yelled.

" What are you doing? Run you idiot..." Myungsoo grimaced but he couldn't find the strength to stand up.

" I can't run anymore..." she thought to herself and picked up a piece of wood.

Myungsoo observed her and that was when he realized she had a broken ankle. That was the reason why she couldn't run.

" Come here if you dare!" she swung her useless 'weapon' around.

Instead of coming to her, the thugs threw their weapons aside and pushed her aside. She fell right next to Myungsoo and her head had hit the ground first, everything went fuzzy for her, that was when everything turned pitch black.

" I'm scared..." she uttered those words.

She could hear new voices around her, but she couldn't see anything. She could hear the clicking of a gun, and a pair of hands grabbed her. 

" Am I dead?" she thought to herself, she knew her eyes were open but she just couldn't see anything.

Sandeul's lips trembled as he gazed into her brown eyes, they were open but lifeless. He covered her ears and hugged her closer to him, he shut his eyes and hummed a song to her.

Baro finally finished off the remaining thugs and ran to Myungsoo's side. 

" Are you alright?!" he cried out and shook the petrified Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo had his eyes on Ah-ra, he blinked but tears kept on coming, it was his fault, because he was incompetent and couldn't protect her. Baro finally realized what Sandeul was doing and pulled him away from her. 

" What are you doing? Let's get out of here." he nonchalantly pulled Sandeul away from her and when he turned to look at Ah-ra, he felt as if his heart was pulled out from his chest.

" Baro? You're here? Why can't I see you? Oh? Am I dead? Someone, tell me. Sandeul...Lee Sandeul, you're here right? I wasn't dreaming. I'm not dead." she got hysterical and immediately touched her eyes with her hands.

Sandeul grabbed her hands and turned to look at Baro, he wasn't sure of what he was supposed to do. Baro shook his head and carried Ah-ra on his back. At the same time, he tried to fish out his phone to report to his base about an injured client. He bit his lips when he saw that his phone was already smashed and no longer usable. He had no choice but to rush to Ah-ra's house and get help there.

Sandeul and Baro kept quiet the whole time, Ah-ra buried her face on the warm shoulders, tears kept on running on the sides of her face, she knew she was crying but the night seemed darker than ever. Her left ankle was killing her. 

" I'm really not dead right? Why won't anybody answer me?" she whispered and bit her lower lip.

Baro took in several deep breaths as he saw a couple of thugs approaching, he had no free hands by now, Sandeul wasn't helpful either since he couldn't fight. Sandeul kept the hoodie close to his face and made sure his posture was like L.Joe's. All of a sudden, the thugs stopped in their tracks and ran in the other direction. Baro widened his eyes and immediately turned around to look, but there was nobody, he turned to his right and realized that Sandeul was in a black leather suit and had a hoodie on his head.

" What? They're scared of you?" Baro mouthed those words to him and tried not to make his voice apparent.

Sandeul nodded his head and casted his eyes on the ground.

On the other hand...

Yongguk raised his hands over his head to signal the start of the chase. The Infinite and BAP members immediately began their hunt for the 'Morons'. Daehyun pushed Jinyoung and Gongchan in the other direction.

" Run and don't turn back." he instructed them.

Jinyoung shook his head and held Daehyun back.

" What are you doing? Come with us. It's dangerous." he added on.

" No. I can't stop on this endless path. There's only one chance, which is right now. We've only got one shot at this. Run and go away, don't stop. Go get help for yourself. This is the end for the 'Morons'." after uttering those words, Daehyun joined his other members into the chase. 

Jinyoung and Gongchan ran frantically towards Ah-ra's home, their hearts were about to pop out from their own bodies. 

" Ha... I'm so tired. Hyung... those guys totally saved our lives..." he panted and grabbed Jinyoung's arms.

" Almost there. Those were Daehyun's friends. We have to...to call the police... I think Ah-ra might be in trouble, but I don't get it...why those 'Moron' or whatever they are called are chasing after us...ha... I'm so tired. I can't even think straight!" Jinyoung yelled and bended down to his knees.

" Relax... I swear this neighborhood . Can't they just help us? Rich people are always mean!" Gongchan commented and pulled Jinyoung up.

" Not necessarily Gongchan... come on. You know I'm bad at directions... let's pace our steps. We definitely ran here a few moments ago." he uttered those words and looked around.

Gongchan did the same and exhaled slowly to take over of the situation.

" We just have to go back to the place where Baro saved us, because that was the alley to Ah-ra's house. I left my ipod on the couch and when I ran to that place, you were in trouble. So it's that place. We just have to run straight I guess?" he contemplated.

" So that was the reason why you were there... ha... then let's just run straight. If all else fails, I'm going to break in someone's house and call the police." Jinyoung held on to his waist and tried to walk.

The both of them were too exhausted. Jinyoung and Gongchan widened their eyes when they saw Baro and Ah-ra. They immediately ran towards them.

" Are you guys okay?" Gongchan swept the hair from Ah-ra's face and observed her.

Sandeul stopped him and asked him to keep quiet.

" Gongchan? You're here?" Ah-ra raised her head and turned to her left to look. Gongchan was on her right side.

" She's blind." Gongchan thought to himself and stumbled backwards.

---------------------------

Shin's household...

Shinwoo shut his eyes and tried to calm himself down. He knew he might just collapse if he heard those words, so he repeated himself.

" Are you sure Ah-ra left you there? Who were those people?" he questioned Dal-rae and placed a warm towel against the cut on her forehead.

She shook her head and hugged him.

" L.Joe...and his friends..." she buried her face deeper into his chest as she brazenly uttered those words.

Mr.Shin who couldn't wait any longer immediately ran for the phone, he knew his daughter was in trouble. His didn't trust Dal-rae's words nor his wife words. However, Mrs.Shin stopped him and grabbed the phone away and clutched to it to her chest. 

" Didn't you hear our Dal-rae? Ah-ra's friends are stirring up trouble! L.Joe is Lee Byunghun! That troublemaker! Do you want to get Ah-ra arrested?" she exclaimed and pulled the wire out from the wall.

" My daughter wouldn't do such a thing! Shinwoo get the phone now! Do you think I will trust those words coming out from your daughter's mouth? If there were really thugs outside, why is she the only one who managed to escape?!" he questioned his wife and lost his temper at the mangled phone.

Shinwoo stood up to get the phone in his room but Dal-rae held him back, she shook her head and tried to force tears out of her eyes.

" Ah-ra is going to get arrested... she... she..." Dal-rae stammered and switched her attention to her mother.

" We should wait for Ah-ra to get back home...then do what you have to do..." she said.

" Alright..." he sighed.

" Go tend to her wounds...look at her... her feet are filled with blisters. Yeobo, can't you look at her for once? Ah-ra is not the only daughter you have..." Mrs.Shin voiced out and made sure there was a tinge of hurt in her voice.

Mr.Shin reluctantly turned around to look at Dal-rae. She was really injured, her face was slightly bruised and her feet were covered in blisters, probably from trying to run away from her aggressors. No matter how much, he doubted Dal-rae, he ended up listening to his wife's words. A decision he would regret forever.

Shinwoo held Dal-rae's feet and plucked shards of glasses. She cringed and bit her lips, the pain was worth it. At least now, Ah-ra was going to get all the blame, Ah-ra was going to be the instigator and she, Shin Dal-rae was the victim. She smiled in her heart at the thought of it, how Ah-ra was going to get out of the situation unscathed and go crazy when she realizes that the people around her were injured. She was going to blame herself for everything and everyone especially Sandeul was going to hate her.

After getting humiliated by Myungsoo last week, Dal-rae couldn't help but hate her little sister, she hated the fact that everyone around her detested her but not her little sister. Hence, she changed her plans to hurt everyone around Ah-ra and make sure she gets the blame. Since L.Joe and his gang were going to help Ah-ra, Dal-rae took advantage of the situation to push the blame towards them as well. She wasn't thinking straight anymore, in her attempt to make Ah-ra's life miserable, she even went to the extend of hurting her own little brother, Sandeul. Blinded by jealousy and fury, she couldn't think straight.

" Where were you the whole time?" Shinwoo questioned her and treated the cuts that were on her face.

" L.Joe and his friends threatened me and tried to beat me up. So I ran as fast as I could. But... I left the injured Sandeul behind..." she burst into tears and covered her face. 

" What? Sandeul? Huh?" he was confused but at the same time attempted to comfort her.

" I can't see! Let me down!"

Shinwoo immediately stood up as soon as he heard screams coming from outside. Mr.Shin ran to the door and collapsed to the ground. The four boys; Sandeul, Gongchan, Jinyoung and Baro pinned Ah-ra to the ground as she went hysterical when she realized that she couldn't use her eyes. Jinyoung held her head down so that she wouldn't self-inflict herself, Gongchan held her legs, Sandeul held her hands.

" Call the ambulance now!" Jinyoung exclaimed and tried to calm her down. 

Shinwoo came running to his little sister's side and widened his eyes. She kept on repeating the same thing over and over again. He scanned the situation and saw that Baro was terribly wounded , with his shirt soaked in his own blood. Jinyoung only had bruises on his face, Gongchan had a cut on his forehead.

" L.Joe!" he yelled and grabbed Sandeul by the collar. He had mistook Sandeul for L.Joe.

" I'm not L.Joe! It's me Lee Sandeul!" he yelled and pushed Shinwoo away.

Dal-rae who was now standing at the door, plopped to the floor when she realized that Sandeul was safe and sound. The plan hadn't go as what she had planned. Shinwoo immediately widened his eyes and turned to look at Dal-rae. She lied. He knew he had heard her say about leaving the injured Sandeul behind.

Mrs.Shin immediately ran to Ah-ra's side but her husband pushed her out of the way and made the emergency call while observing his daughter's condition. He wrapped a towel around her face and covered her eyes with it.

" Hyung...you need to calm her down." Jinyoung shook his head as he looked at Ah-ra.

" I really can't see...why aren't you people calling for help...It's scary...Oppa..." Ah-ra cried as she frantically looked around.

Shinwoo cradled his little sister into his arms and tried to breathe. 

" Don't cry...help is on it's way..." he whispered those words into her ears.

" I'm not going to be okay...I'm blind right?..." she softly muttered and grabbed the hands that were holding her.

15 minutes later...

" I'm going to be able to use my eyes right?" Ah-ra kept questioning the paramedics that were pushing her off into the ambulance.

" Shh..." Jinyoung shushed her and kept her fringe away from her face.

They immediately placed an oxygen mask on her face and she kept speaking the whole time, an every time she spoke, the air mask would be covered with mists. That broke Mr.Shin's and Shinwoo's heart into pieces. Jinyoung tightened the grip around her hands and kept reassuring her that she was going to be alright. He kept his hopes high and knew he had to be strong for her.

" Stop talking... You're going to be just fine. Understand? Your dad, brother are here for you. Don't be afraid..." he softly uttered those words.

" Who are you?" she tried to reach out for the face that was talking to her.

The paramedics nodded their head as they wanted Ah-ra to remain conscious as long as possible. At the same time, they took down her details and questioned her present family members.

Jinyoung grabbed her hands and let her feel his facial features. First, he let her feel his hair, slowly, his forehead and eyes. He felt like he was going to burst out crying any moment soon as he sees her trembling fingers that were trying to recognize his face.

" Jinyoung oppa..." she said and disappointingly held her hands to herself. She felt pathetic for not being able to recognize his voice.

At the other side...

" Baro... do you hear me?" Sandeul shook his friend but was only stopped by the paramedic.

" Keep on talking, try to keep him up as long as possible. Cha Sun Woo, blood type B. He's losing a lot of blood." one of the paramedics keyed in the details into the computerised database.

Gongchan sighed as he held on to Baro's hands. 

" Hyung... stay strong. Thank you... I will treat you well from now on. So you must stay awake." Gongchan rubbed Baro's hands as he uttered those words.

Baro blinked his eyes and tried his best to stay awake, he was losing blood rapidly. He had endured his wounds just to get Ah-ra back to safety, it was his duty. The thought of dying immediately hit him, he changed his attention to Sandeul and flashed a smile under his oxygen mask.

" Tell Ah-ra that I'm sorry for not being able to protect her." he uttered those words.

" Babo... it's not your fault. Baro-yah... don't think negatively. You did your duty well. You were brave. Ha...remember those days when I joked about you fighting off bad guys for a rich girl and then get great recognition for it? It's finally becoming true...so-" he choked on his words as he thought about the memories with his best friend. He couldn't live without Baro.

Baro weakly nodded his head and only thought of good things.

" We should go eat all of your favorite foods after this... I'm such a bad person for letting you see me like this." Baro reproached himself and tried to crack a joke despite the pain.

Sandeul felt as if there was a heavy weight in his chest, he couldn't let Baro slip away just like that. It hurt him even more to have to look into Baro's eyes that used to always be sparkly and bright. He felt as if nothing was going to get better and there was nothing to look forward to if there was no Baro. 

" Sandeul-ah...Gongchan-ah. I'm tired. Just let me sleep for awhile. Just for a moment..." Baro shut his eyes and released the hands that were holding on to him.

Gongchan bawled at the corner and no matter how much he tried to not cry, he did it. Sandeul kept on rubbing his eyes and made the dreadful phone call to Baro's family. He kept on choking on his tears as he tried to speak, but no words could come out, he ended up terminating the call and buried his face into Baro's bloodstained hands.

" I'm going to hate you forever if you leave me. Since you decided to fall asleep and not talk to me, I'm going to hate you till December. I won't forgive you for making me cry like this." Sandeul childishly uttered those words and held his head up.