'' Shin Dal-rae....''- Jung Jinyoung

Unrequited Love

* Monday morning *

* Ah-ra coughs and sniffs *

'' Oppa... must you do this?'', Ah-ra sighs as she looks into the mirror.

* Shinwoo styling her hair and making sure to hide the cuts on her forehead. *

'' Of course...just put your hair down like this...and done! Beautiful as ever...don't you think you look y... that's what all the models do, like this...'', Shinwoo tries to imitate Angelina Jolie by pouting his lips and covering half of his face with his hair.

* Ah-ra bites Shinwoo's hands *

'' Yah! That habit of yours... You still haven't got rid of it?! Oh... biting people like that... umm... you'll have to cover that cut on your neck... lets see...scarf...there it is...'', Shinwoo bit his lips as he playfully yells at Ah-ra, and distractingly heads to Ah-ra's wardrobe to grab the scarf.

'' That one belongs to Jinyoung oppa... umm..maybe the cream coloured one? Oppa... can't we just clip my hair up? This might be a hazard to my life... you know...like falling down from the stairs...and umm only god knows what'll happen today...'', Ah-ra tries to blow her hair up as stares into the mirror, she was admiring at the necklace that Sandeul had given her.

* Ah-ra touches the necklace with her fingers as she smiles to herself *

'' Cream color? This?'', Shinwoo turns to see his little sister smiling to herself.

'' Eung, that one... and the pink color one'', Ah-ra nods and stands up to take the two scarfs  from her brother's hands.

* Ah-ra wears the pink color scarf and tip toes to reach her brother's height *

'' You will wear this cream scarf today... it's so cold...my brother, i'm sorry that i'm unable to give you anything...i'm always the one receiving... You shouldn't work too hard either, Jihae onni needs you too...'', Ah-ra lovingly smiles as she wraps the scarf around her brother's neck.

'' Ah...why is the wind blowing so hard today...making my eyes watery...'', Shinwoo swiftly turns around to avoid his little sister's gaze.

'' Oppa~~'', Ah-ra tries to make her brother look into her eyes.

Knock on the door *

'' Maknae... it's onni... can i come in?'', Dal-rae politely knocks on the door as she turns the knob door open.

'' Onni? Oppa... you should do it...she's here...faster...'', Ah-ra pushes Shinwoo slightly towards the door.

'' Now? Haiz...Anything for you...'', Shinwoo sighs as he prepares himself.

* Dal-rae enters the room with something in her hands *

'' Oh..Dal-rae yah... you're already up? Uh..oppa will go eat first.. so you...you...after you're done.. i'll give the two of you a ride to school... I'm sorry about...you know.'', Shinwoo awkwardly attempts to apologise to Dal-rae as he walks out of the room.

Dal-rae blankly stares at Shinwoo's odd behaviour, he was never that kind. Never. Why was he acting like this when she's trying to get over him.  She composes herself, it was not the time to get all forgiving. With a cold heart, Dal-rae approaches Ah-ra with a fake smile.

'' Ah-ra yah...i'm so sorry...those cuts...i'm sure you hate me... Onni...is so sorry...'', tears starts to fill Dal-rae's eyes as she looks down on the carperted floor.

'' Onni... it's okay... i understand... these cuts are nothing... haha... i love you...you know that right?'', Ah-ra comforts her sister with a warm smile.

'' This... you should use this... it's a cream...hopefully...those cuts won't leave scars...'', Dal-rae, with her best acting skills hands over the body lotion to Ah-ra.

'' Really? Let me see...cocoa butter cream... oh? Isn't this the scent that you had always used?'', Ah-ra curiously asks as she examines the bottle.

'' Eung...it's really good... it smells nice too... plus, the weather is really cold..You should use it to prevent your face from getting dry...'', Dal-rae convincingly explains to Ah-ra about the pros of using the cream.

'' I would love to use this on my face now...except that my fingers are covered in these bandages.. Thank you onni!'', Ah-ra pouts as she shows her bandaged fingers off to Dal-rae.

'' Let me help you...'', Dal-rae slowly approaches her little sister to help her put on the cream on her face, neck and hands.

* Dal-rae removes the pink scarf on Ah-ra's neck and sees the familiar necklace on her little sister's neck *

For a moment, Dal-rae's legs felt weak, it wasn't possible. That necklace on Ah-ra's neck, what was that supposed to mean? A lump starts to form in Dal-rae's throat, her fingers trembles as she struggles to touch the necklace.

----------------------------------

-Dal-rae's flashback-

6 year old Dalrae.

'' Dal-rae...aunty is sorry to have to let you go..but it's for the best. You'll have pretty clothes and warm food for you to eat...''

'' No...i don't want to leave you... you've taken care of me ever since my mother passed away... after my father abandoned me...'', Dal-rae cries as she hugs her caregiver.

'' Noona....'', a young boy comes running to her.

'' Junghwan-ah...what are you doing here...'', Dal-rae wipes her tears away as she painfully stares into Junghwan's eyes. He was like a little brother to her, they grew up together, his mother was the one who single-handedly raised the both of them. It was too painful to let go of the people that she now called 'family'.

'' Junghwan-ah...listen to me...go inside..she's no longer your sister... she's going to be a Shin now.. Araso?'', Mrs Lee reprimands her son as he forces him to go. 

* The small Junghwan crying and wailing as he tugs on Dal-rae *

'' Junghwan-ah...i'll find you when time permits me to meet you... i-i'll miss you...my little brother..i will miss you...this..take this..'', with a reluctant heart to leave, Dal-rae hands her necklace to the little boy. 

'' Noona! Noona!'', Junghwan screams for her as she enters the black car.

* Mrs Lee held on tightly to her son *

'' Junghwan-ah.... don't cry...'', Dal-rae tries to control her tears as she leans close to the car window.

---------------------------------------

'' Shin Ah-ra...this-'', before Dal-rae could even finish her sentence, Shinwoo was already calling for the both of them to come down to go to school.

'' Onni, let's go..we're running late...'', Ah-ra rushes as she grabs her scarf and covers her neck. 

Dal-rae dumbfoundedly stands rooted to the ground, it was definitely the necklace that she gave Junghwan, there was no doubt about it. Why was it with Ah-ra? Everything around her was unclear, her mind was on the necklace. It was as if she could go crazy thinking about it.

* The three of them exits the house and heads for school *

* Ah-ra and Dal-rae splits to their separate classes *

* Oh my beautiful target~~*

Ah-ra : Hello?

Gongchan: Yah... where are you? * Sandeul's voice in the background *

Ah-ra: Ummm... give me two more minutes. I'll run there.

Gongchan : Araso! We're waiting... I'll hang up!

* Hangs up the call *

Ah-ra rushes to class with her hands full of her school books. Today was exceptionally difficult to walk, as her hair was covering her face partially, so that her injury wouldn't be so obvious. The scent of the cocoa butter cream overwhelms Ah-ra as the wind blew in her direction, it was really a light and musky smell that Dal-rae had always loved. Ah-ra smiles at her sister's change in demeanour, at least after that incident, the three siblings will finally be able to understand one another. While looking at the ground to reach her destination in the shortest time, Ah-ra accidentally bumps into Jinyoung.

* Jinyoung grabs his stomach as he bit his lips in pain *

'' Are you okay?'', Ah-ra panics as she touches his face to check his temperature. He disappears for one week and the last time she went to his house, he was still having a fever.

'' You... don't you use your eyes to walk? Yo-(you)'', Jinyoung criticizes Ah-ra for causing him to flinch in pain, since he was still not well yet, however something makes him stop talking.

'' Sorry... oh ya! Your scarf... here you go...'', Ah-ra swiftly takes out the scarf that Jinyoung had given to her the day before he fell sick.

Jinyoung's body stiffens as Ah-ra hands him the scarf. There was no doubt that it was Dal-rae's scent...why was Ah-ra using the cream? It's not something that Ah-ra would use, it was not her style. It wasn't her favourite, it was Dal-rae's favourite... It was special to him, why was Dal-rae doing this? Jinyoung questions himself as he scrutinizes Ah-ra. 

------------------------------------------

Jinyoung's flashback *

'' Jinyoung-ah... the weather is so nice... i think i could stay here forever...'', Dal-rae comments on the weather as she leans on his shoulders and hooks her arms around him.

Jinyoung hesitates for a moment, he couldn't take it out of his bag. It wasn't as expensive as a diamond ring or maybe a designer bag. He was worried that she wouldn't like it. However, it was the only one thing that he would love Dal-rae to use on herself, so that it would remind him of her.

'' Dal-rae ah... i have something for you...'', Jinyoung confesses as he took out the gift box from his bag.

'' What is it?'', Dal-rae smiles sweetly at him as she gazes into his eyes.

'' Happy Birthday...'', he shyly passes the present to her. It was a gift set with facial products.

'' Wah~ Jung Jinyoung...i'm so touched... This...it's so...thank you! You're the greatest! It smells so nice!'', Dal-rae exclaims as she embraces the gift box.

 Jinyoung blushes, it was his first time getting a girl a present, he was so worried that she wouldn't like it. 

'' I really like the smell of this...'', Jinyoung bit his lips once again as he turns red.

'' Araso~ I'll only use this for you...'', Dal-rae hugs him as he swirls her around.

------------------------------

'' Shin Dal-rae... why are you doing this?'', Jinyoung cringes his forehead as he thought very hard. It wasn't like her to be doing this, dirty tricks. Maybe she wasn't, maybe it was a coincidence that Ah-ra was using the same scent as Dal-rae. 

Jinyoung was in denial, there was no way his ex-girlfriend would do such a thing. She was such a sweet and nice person. Why would she even make use of Ah-ra to torture him indirectly? If it was really true that she had given Ah-ra the cream...why would she even do that? For a moment, he didn't even care about Dal-rae, he was just concerned about Ah-ra. He didn't want to involve her in the middle of his problems, neither does he wants to hurt Ah-ra. 

'' Yah... Dongsaeng.. you smell different today..'', Jinyoung summons the courage to ask Ah-ra about what she was using.

'' Really? Onni gave a nice-smelling body lotion to me... look, oppa... i fell into a...i mean i fell from the stairs..and then because of all these cuts...onni gave it to me to use since she says that its really good...i'm not sure whether its for scars...but maybe for dry skin...'', Ah-ra innocently replies him without even thinking twice.

'' So she gave it to you?'', Jinyoung tries to confirm with Ah-ra.

'' Uhuh... why? If you're going to ask me where she bought it...i don't know. Plus, you're a guy...you can't use this... you'll smell too girly.'', without even a hint of suspicion Ah-ra answers him.

Jinyoung was smitten by Ah-ra's answer. However, he decided to put everything aside, school work was more important and it was his last year. Falling ill with gastroenteritis after breaking up was bad enough, worrying about a 'cream' was even worst. Maybe he was just too paranoid, hence the reason he was suspicious of his ex's actions. 

* Both of them heads towards the classroom *

* Sandeul sees Ah-ra from afar and happily waves at her. He was wearing a ring *

Ah-ra squints her eyes as she spots Sandeul wearing a ring. All she felt like doing was running away from him, it was too embarrassing. A hello-kitty ring. 

'' Shin Ah-ra! I bought us something!'', Sandeul grabs Ah-ra by the arms as he showed his gums.

'' Us?'', Jinyoung raises his eyebrows as he sees Sandeul holding Ah-ra near him.

* Ah-ra and Sandeul walks further away from him *

* End of school *

Jinyoung shrinks into his seat as everyone left for home. His hands were itching to compose the song that had been lingering on his head for some time already. He carefully takes out his personal laptop and puts his headphone on to get on with the composition of the new song. As he slowly raises the top of his laptop open, a picture of him and Dal-rae greets him. 

* Jinyoung slams his laptop *

'' Ah... this is crazy. How am i supposed to concentrate like this... because of a girl... no. I can't be like this. I loved her too much. Argh... why is she driving me crazy?! Jung Jinyoung! Get a hold of yourself! One week! You gave yourself one week to forget her!'', Jinyoung grabs his head and brought his head on his desk as he blankly stares into Ah-ra's direction. She was about a row further than him. 

* Ah-ra sleeping like a baby on her messy desk, her hair covering her face *

He was too into Dal-rae's scent, that he didn't realize that her fingers were covered in bandages, and in between those ruffles of hair, there was also a bandage on her forehead. He felt bad that he wasn't fast enough to realize that she was injured, instead he selfishly asked her about the cream that Dal-rae had 'given' to her. As Jinyoung was peeking at Ah-ra from his position, he spots Sandeul approaching her from the back with a guitar and slowly sits at the seat next to her.

* Sandeul softly ruffles Ah-ra's hair in his hands *

This made Ah-ra's injuries apparent to Jinyoung. For a moment, he felt his heart fluctuate looking at Sandeul touching Ah-ra. Who was he to touch her? With his sharp-eyes, he examines both Sandeul and Ah-ra, they were spotting couple rings, hello-kitty ones. He couldn't believe it, Shin Ah-ra? Shin Ah-ra has a boyfriend?! He wanted to laugh but he didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It was too funny to think of it. The little girl that he had always treated like a little sister has a boyfriend?

* Sandeul begins to strum the guitar *

 Baby goodnight~ Jaljayo goodnight~ Keurom nan...dancing dancing dancing in the moonlight~~ Woah~~woah~woah~oh~ My sleepy princess~~aren't you going to wake up~~

'' Ah...Sandeul is so handsome...she's so lucky!'', a group of girls who were heading out of the classroom stops for a moment to see Sandeul serenading for his girl.

* Jinyoung turns his head to look away *

'' Handsome?'', as those words ran through Jinyoung's head, he felt nauseous. 

'' Shin Ah-ra, aren't you going to wake up? You slept through the whole class....'', Gongchan shakes her by the shoulders, still no response.

'' Yah! Don't shake her...she's tired...'', Sandeul yells at Gongchan and slowly puts his guitar away. 

* Jinyoung packs his things and prepares to leave the classroom with Kwang-ho and the gang *

'' Jagiya~ wake up... it's time to go home... you can sleep at home...'', Sandeul whispers into Ah-ra's ears this time.

Jinyoung watches on as the duo tries to wake her up, it was rather weird for Ah-ra to sleep in class. Feeling that something was a bit off, he heads straight for Ah-ra and held her shoulders.

'' Boo!'', Ah-ra randomly shouts, thinking that it was Sandeul instead it was Jinyoung that was facing her.

* Kwang-ho and the gang freezes, afraid of what Jinyoung was going to do next *

'' What am i going to do with this kid...she's crazy...good luck to her...'', Kwang-ho rubs his forehead as he walks out of the classroom.

* Jinyoung seeing that his gang had already left for home, immediately grabs Ah-ra by the ears *

* Gongchan and Sandeul nervously gulps as Jinyoung stares at Ah-ra with his stern eyes *

Inwardly, Jinyoung hated Ah-ra for making him worry about her. For a moment, he thought she was sick or something ever since the 'panic attack' incident. He didn't even know why he approached her in the first place, now that he was here, what was he supposed to do? Make a straight face or laugh? With Gongchan and Sandeul looking, he was a bit hesitant about what to do. What was he going to say? Why was he even worrying about her in the first place, even if she's sick or faints, it's not his problem.

'' Oppa...'', Ah-ra bit her lips as she tries to withstand the pain from Jinyoung's grasps.

'' Pack your things. We're going home.'', Jinyoung clears his throat as he head for the exit.

'' Yah! Shin Ah-ra, you know him? Oppa? Oppa??'', Gongchan mouths those words at her as he was still in disbelief that their senior was being nice towards Ah-ra.

Ah-ra covers her now red face and shook her head as she embarrassingly looks at Sandeul. She knew that she couldn't hide it anymore, it was so obvious that Jinyoung knows everything. What if Sandeul finds out that she was going to get engaged by the next semester, and not only that but to Jung Jinyoung.

* Ah-ra waves goodbye to Gongchan and Sandeul *

'' Ah-ra yah...i'm following you.'', Sandeul grabs her hands as he followed her. 

----------------------------------------

* Ah-ra, Sandeul and Jinyoung walking together to Ah-ra's house after alighting the bus *

* Jinyoung turns around to see Ah-ra with Sandeul *

'' That fat boy is following us?'', Jinyoung smirks as he points to Sandeul. 

* Ah-ra focuses on Sandeul's stomach *

'' Hey...he's not fat... you're just skinny...'', Ah-ra softly scolds Jinyoung as she runs towards him to beat him lightly.

Since Ah-ra was now beside him, Jinyoung tries to raise his eyebrows to hint at the identity of Sandeul, whether he was really her boyfriend. Jinyoung tries to stiffen his shoulders and coughs repeatedly to try sending hints to Ah-ra, but being the fool that she was, she didn't get the message.

Jinyoung takes three steps closer to Ah-ra and ruffles her hair that was covering her hair to the back, revealing the small bandage on her forehead He pretends to inspect the injury on Ah-ra's forehead but instead he was trying to whisper something to Ah-ra. 

'' Lee Sandeul...he's your...'', Jinyoung mouths those words as he touches Ah-ra's head.

'' Shh...it's supposed to be a secret. I'll die if Shinwoo oppa or my parents find out. Or even worst, Ahjusshi...'', Ah-ra bit her lips as she lowers her voice at Jinyoung while looking at Sandeul.

'' Yah. Lee Sandeul, come here... here..'', Jinyoung calls for Sandeul with one finger as Ah-ra stands close to him.

'' You... she's like a little sister to me. I'm not somebody that's open to a total stranger, therefore...if you hurt Ah-ra, i'll make sure i break you into pieces. And i don't allow you to touch her. Understand? As long as i'm around, keep a distance of one meter and... and... no kissing.'', Jinyoung calmly confronts Sandeul as he scrutinizes Sandeul from head to toe.

* Sandeul politely bows as he blankly stares at Ah-ra, he was a bit confused about how Ah-ra was related to Jinyoung *

Jinyoung, being the mischievious boy that he was, grabs Ah-ra's belongings and chucks it into Sandeul's arms. Ah-ra pouts her lips at Sandeul as she sees Jinyoung bending down, as if asking her to get on his back. It was only a ten minutes walk to her house, why was he acting so odd today. 

'' Aren't you getting on?'', Jinyoung raises his voice as he gave the death-stare to Ah-ra.

'' Araso... oppa...'', Ah-ra reluctantly got onto his back and wrapped her arms around Jinyoung's cold neck. 

Jinyoung laughs silently as the light Ah-ra was on his back, it reminded him of the times when they were younger, and he would piggy back Ah-ra whenever he had the time to do so. At the same time, he thought that it was maybe fun to actually make Sandeul a bit jealous. Being with Ah-ra made him feel at ease, at least for the moment he was not thinking too much and teasing Ah-ra was so much fun. 

'' Oppa...you're weird today...'', Ah-ra rubs her face on Jinyoung's shoulder as she breathes on his neck, almost forgetting that Sandeul was behind them, watching both of their actions.

'' Just cause... i find myself weird too... too many things on my head..and i just wanted to disturb you...'', Jinyoung bit his lips as playfully laughs.

Sandeul sighs as he looks on to the sight infront of him, looks like his plan for the day was not going as per planned. 

'' It's a pity that you don't remember our childhood memories... everytime Shinwoo wasn't around and you were tired... i would always piggy you back home...and then Shinwoo hyung would take you from my back...'', Jinyoung smiles to himself as he remembers those precious memories.

'' Eung! That's not fair...don't tell me... i'm jealous that you guys are able to remember such good memories... I-'', as Ah-ra hits Jinyoung on the shoulder, the sight infront of her shocks her.

* Jinyoung drops Ah-ra *

* Sandeul rushes to help Ah-ra up *

'' Are you okay?'', Sandeul helps Ah-ra up as he beats the dirt off her pants.

'' Eung...'', Ah-ra softly nods her head and held Sandeul's hands.

Dal-rae was also on her way back home and accidentally sees Jinyoung with Ah-ra. For a moment, his heart felt like it was going to pop out. He missed her like crazy, for the whole week, he had tried to forget her. However, within seconds all of those thoughts disappeared into thin air, all that he saw was her beautiful face and their memories flashed through his mind like a rocket. On the other hand, Dal-rae calmly approaches Ah-ra and her little sister's hair as if she was happy to see Ah-ra's face.

'' Jinyoung sshi...how can you drop your fiance just like that?'', Dal-rae blantly speaks as she sarcastically smiles at Jinyoung.

* Sandeul stops breathing *

* Ah-ra turns to look at Sandeul's reaction *

'' Andwae...'', Ah-ra mutters to herself as she looks at the flabbergasted Sandeul.