Beautiful lie

Unrequited Love

" What are you laughing at?" Shinwoo folds his arm as he furiously eyes Jinyoung who was laughing.

" Oppa...your face and hair." Ah-ra innocently points to her brother's head as she bit her lips.

This time, Jinyoung tried his cheeks in to stop himself from crying after laughing so hard. His face and chest became so red that even breathing was difficult for a moment. He couldn't believe that his charismatic hyung was such a...a 'normal' person. His shoulder-length hair was out of place, a face mask was on his face and even worst he was holding a carrot and munching on it while scolding his little sister. Ah-ra slowly paces herself next to Jinyoung and cautiously whispers to him.

" I have to see this every day. I'm used to it," Ah-ra whispers to Jinyoung as she places her hands next to his ears.

" What's this? After spending a night together, you two became close? You two are so DEAD." Shinwoo utters those words and stuffs the last piece of carrot into his mouth before heading straight to Ah-ra and Jinyoung.

" Oh no. We're in trouble." Ah-ra and Jinyoung turned to face each other as they spout those words.

* Shinwoo pulls Ah-ra and Jinyoung by the ears to his room *

" Both of you, down. Now. On your knees, hands in the air," Shinwoo closes the door behind him and quickly rushes to his bed to sit down.

Ah-ra who was already immune to the protocol, immediately gets into position. Whereas, Jinyoung was still a little bit flabbergasted by Shinwoo's actions. 

" Didn't I inform hyung that Ah-ra was going to sleepover at my house yesterday?" Jinyoung tilts his head at the side as he thought about what went wrong.

" Jinyoung oppa..." Ah-ra calls out to him as she tugs his pants.

" Oppa?," Shinwoo raises his eyebrows at his little sister calling Jinyoung 'oppa' instead of 'sunbaenim'.

Jinyoung grins at Ah-ra as he gradually got down on his knees. However, he forgot to raise his hands. With the tips of her fingers, Ah-ra pulls his shirt to signal to him that he was supposed to raise his arms like hers.

" Thanks...for reminding me," Jinyoung mouths those words at her and immediately turns to face the front.

Shinwoo clears his throat as he observes both Jinyoung and Ah-ra. The two of them seemed closer than ever. His attention now changed to his little sister, she was in a different outfit than yesterday. A dress to be exact and a thick jacket covering her upper body. There was absolutely no make-up on her face, which definitely justifies the theory that Shinwoo had come up with. This time, he changes his line of sight to Jinyoung. The boy appears to be lethargic, his eyes were red. Probably he didn't sleep last night.

" Hyung...why are you being like this?," Jinyoung broke the silence as he questioned Shinwoo.

" Ah-ra, were you with him last night?" Shinwoo ignores Jinyoung's question and instead questions Ah-ra who was now pale.

" Oh...no...what am I supposed to say...didn't Jinyoung oppa tell Shinwoo oppa that I was with him last night..." Ah-ra bit her lips as she attempts to answer her brother.

" Yes! Hyung, she was with me last night!" Jinyoung immediately answers Shinwoo to prevent any further complications.

" What did the two of you do?" again, Shinwoo evades Jinyoung's answer and focuses on his little sister.

" We did nothing. I swear! I slept on the couch. She slept in the room." Jinyoung widens his eyes as he desperately tries to cover up for Ah-ra.

Ah-ra turns to look at Jinyoung who was literally on his ends trying to cover up for her. He was exactly like her brother, always trying to defend her whenever she got into trouble with her parents or sister. She felt so moved by Jinyoung's actions, first he assisted her in distracting Gongchan and Baro, second he informed her father that she was on a date with him. Thirdly, helping her cover up her lies. Ah-ra inhales and exhales slowly and decides to tell the truth to her brother. That she had a boyfriend and his name was Lee Sandeul. 

" What?! There was a couch and even a room?! Yah! I called your father and neither of you were at home at the time! 11 pm and none of you were at home? Where were the two of you?! In a motel?!" Shinwoo raises his voice as he proceeds to grab a pillow to throw at Jinyoung.

" I'm in trouble. A deep one." Jinyoung's eyes focused on the floor as he thought of what to say next. They were caught. 

" What? Jinyoung oppa wasn't home last night?! What are we going to do now...I must tell oppa the truth before he misunderstands..." Ah-ra summoned the courage to finally tell the truth. 

Ah-ra finally raises her head to face her brother. However, upon seeing that he was about throw a pillow at Jinyoung. She immediately grabs Jinyoung by the waist and hugs him to defend him. All that was on her mind was to guard him from the pillow but her actions made her brother even more furious with her.

" Daebak." Shinwoo drops the pillow on his feet as he sees his little sister who was now on top of Jinyoung.

* Ten minutes later *

" Done. Don't come out of the wardrobe until I tell you to do so. Araso (understand)?!" Shinwoo swipes his hands together after making Ah-ra stay inside the huge and thick wardrobe. 

" Oppa... I'm scared. Let me out. I promise, I'll only speak the truth...Eew!" Ah-ra desperately tries to peek in between the lines of her brother's big wardrobe. Her voice was muffled so her brother didn't really catch on what she had said.

Now, it was only him and Jinyoung. He was finally facing his dearest dongsaeng, Jinyoung who he had been avoiding for the past few weeks after learning about his short-lived relationship with Dal-rae. 

" Speak only the truth from now on." Shinwoo tries to be serious as he looks into Jinyoung's eyes.

Jinyoung nods his head as he fearfully gazes into Shinwoo's flaring eyes.

" You and Dal-rae...I already know. That's the past. So I'll let you go for that mistake." Shinwoo rolls his eyes at Jinyoung as he utters those words. Obviously, expressing his disappointment at Jinyoung.

" Hyung-," Jinyoung chokes as he listens to those words. He himself was unaware that Shinwoo already knew about it.

" Now...how many times did the two of you do it? Answer me truthfully..." Shinwoo changes topic and immediately points to Ah-ra who was in the wardrobe.

Jinyoung scratches his head for a moment. He didn't really get Shinwoo's question. It took him a full two minutes to actually try to process the question. 

" Daebak...the both of you really did it." Shinwoo reaches for his pillow as he laughs into it.

" Hyung...why are you laughing...wait...What?! We did nothing of that sort! I swear! I didn't touch her! It's the truth, I didn't even sleep with her. Hyung!" Jinyoung leans to his side as he tries to defend himself.

" It's alright... Yah! Shin Ah-ra! You can come out now! Go take a shower and change into your home clothes. Dinner is ready, so come down after you're done." Shinwoo immediately stands up as he heads to the kitchen.

Jinyoung turns to his right to see the wardrobe door slowly opening. His legs were aching so he crawled towards Ah-ra who was also crawling out of the wardrobe. He couldn't help but giggle again.

" Why are you laughing...it's not even funny. By the way, Oppa...you weren't at home last night?" Ah-ra questions him as she tries to stand up.

" I was out running some errands. Met up with a few people that's all... Are you okay? Help me up, my body is aching..." Jinyoung answers her as he reaches out for her hands to help him up.

" Thank you... Oppa, you really are the best. That was really convincing. Instead of composing songs, you should probably take up acting as well..." Ah-ra winks at him as she pulls him up.

" Tsk... up to me? That doesn't work on me...except for you. Now, go change..." Jinyoung pats her head before she left the room.

" That was close..." Jinyoung whispers to himself as he walks out of the room to head to the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------

" I'm not sure whether it's delicious, but it's Ah-ra's favourite food." Shinwoo picks up his chopstick to start digging in.

" She likes sushi? You made this yourself?" Jinyoung inspects the sushi as he glances around to see nobody.

" Oh. I made it myself. My parents decided to go on a tour together today. They'll be back by next month. Ah-ra was lucky that my parents were in a good mood yesterday. I know my parents are weird, but they're inseparable hence the sudden vacation." Shinwoo smiles as he picks up his clear glass to drink water.

" Ah...no wonder the house looks empty. Hyung, how did you know about me and-" Jinyoung looks around as he made sure that only Shinwoo heard his words.

" The other time that you were sick... I visited you. You were sleeptalking. Painfully calling out for her. Sorry." Shinwoo bit his lips as he explains to Jinyoung.

" Hyung...why didn't you tell me? I guess this is where Ah-ra inherit her habits from, not telling people about what they know already. Besides that, I have something very important to tell you." Jinyoung whispers those words to Shinwoo as he picks up the sushi to put inside his mouth.

" Well, first of all...I was disappointed with you. Second, I'm just astonished that Dal-rae could go to such extremes to-" Shinwoo stops as he realises that he was about to reveal Dal-rae's true self.

" What about her?" Jinyoung's eyes widened as he watches Shinwoo.

" She's using you to spite my little sister. You know how much Ah-ra likes you right? I mean, that didn't change until Ah-ra was eleven... It's all part of her plan...I know this! Ever since Ah-ra met with an accident and after I blamed Dal-rae for it...she's been using all sorts of trickery to make up for her mistake. Blinding my parents! Even Ah-ra herself...imagine if I told Ah-ra that Dal-rae was the cause of everything...how do you think she would feel? To Ah-ra, Dal-rae is her everything..." Shinwoo sighs as he rants to Jinyoung.

" Wait. How does Dal-rae even know that Ah-ra likes me?" Jinyoung questions Shinwoo as he places his chopsticks down to listen.

" The diary. They fought because of the diary...Ah-ra doesn't remember anything, so it's really frustrating for me to know what really happened. All I saw was Dal-rae pushing Ah-ra towards the traffic and later it was reported by the police that Ah-ra and Dal-rae fought because of the diary. I myself have doubts because it's part of Dal-rae's report...so it's one-sided." Shinwoo explains to Jinyoung as he tried to remember the incident that happened years ago.

Jinyoung slumps his frail body into the leather dining chair. All his memories of Dal-rae was only a beautiful lie?

" No, you must have misunderstood her...Hyung, she's not..." Jinyoung hesitates for a moment as he shook his head.

" It's all a lie Jinyoung. It's all an act... she knew your identity even before you approached her. Jung Jinyoung, the son of our old chaeffeur. Ah-ra's childhood prince!" Shinwoo slams the table to slap Jinyoung back into reality.

For a moment, Jinyoung took a deep breath. Thinking about the first time he met Dal-rae. About all of those memories he had with her. How could someone even manipulate or act out those feelings of love. All of those finally made sense, the reason why Dal-rae had asked him to keep the relationship a secret from Shinwoo and her family. Also, giving Ah-ra the cream that he had bought for her to torture him indirectly so that his heart would flutter, so that his heart would always be with her.

" Not anymore." Jinyoung stood up as he tried to control his anger.

" Oppa! Shinwoo oppa!" Ah-ra screams for him from the toilet.

" What?!" Shinwoo yells as he heads to the stairs to her aid.

" Heater! The heater! Switch it on! It's cold!" Ah-ra again screams for him as she waits for her brother to switch the heater on.

" Ok. Wait! Jinyoung-ah, you're going home already?" Shinwoo turns around to look at Jinyoung who was standing up.

" Eung. Tell Ah-ra that I'll call her later on. Bye. Hyung, Thank you for today. I have some errands to do." Jinyoung bows politely as he gingerly walks out of the house.

---------------------------------------

" Lies...lies...Shin Dal-rae...Haha...I forget you...so now...it's dancing party time?." Jinyoung showed his gums as he painfully stared into his phone. It was a beautiful picture of him and Dal-rae.

He difficultly went to the main menu to change the background picture of his phone. After scanning through several pictures, he ended up choosing a photo of him and Gongchan. Dated to the day they went to spy on Ah-ra and Sandeul.

" Haha...what a puppy..." Jinyoung laughs as he presses the save changes button.

" What puppy?" 

Jinyoung who was astonished by the familiar voice brings his face up to face her. It was really her.

" What are you doing here? Don't you think we're seeing each other too often?" Dal-rae approaches him as she sweetly smiles.

" Umm. Your point being?" Jinyoung utters those words as he rolls his eyes at her.

" Just saying..." Dal-rae took three steps forward as she ruffles his hair. Her scent overwhelmed him. It was a deliberate act.

" Don't touch me." Jinyoung pushes her hand to the side as he bit his lips.

" Jinyoung-ah...I'm sorry. Can't you forgive me? Oh? Please...I-I can't live without you..." Dal-rae convincingly acts like she was in pain as she looks at him.

" I don't want to hurt you. You were the one who let me go. I won't say anything." Jinyoung rolls his eyes at her as he continued to go on the path home.

" It's her! She told you everything right?! Shin Ah-ra...she...she must have told you bad things about me right? That's why you're being like this..." Dal-rae who was confused by Jinyoung's actions immediately throws her suspicions at her little sister.

" So what if she told me everything? Nothing will change. Even if it takes me a million years to forget you, I will do it. The mask that you're donning now...take it off. Before it's too late." Jinyoung shoves her away from him as he coldly walks off from her.

" You!" Dal-rae turns around and runs in the direction of her house.

* Back in the house *

" This is really delicious! By the way, why is mom and dad not home yet?" Ah-ra comments as she eats her dinner.

" Pfft..You're only asking that now? They're on their usual date..." Shinwoo smirks as he observes his little sister eating the food that he made.

" Uwah...yay! Home alone again! Wooh!" Ah-ra happily yells as she gobbles her food up.

" So that you can bring Jinyoung home?" Shinwoo playfully comments as he winks at his little sister.

" Why is everybody being so weird today! Yah! Shin Dong Woo! It's because I get to have the whole house to myself...plus you're going to cook everyday right?" Ah-ra acts cute and reaches for her glass to drink water.

" Yah! Shin Ah-ra! I'm going to do my work now. Eat well..." Shinwoo smiles as he pats his little sister on the shoulder.

Ah-ra continued to eat on her own and headed towards the living room with her plate. Swiftly, she picked up the remote control and sat on the living room couch to watch her favourite variety show. 

" Wah..running man." Ah-ra comments as she focuses on the tv show.

" I'm home!" Dal-rae furiously swung the door open and immediately heads to Ah-ra who was sitting down on the couch.

Dal-rae grabs the plate from Ah-ra and flings the plate on the coffee table, sending the food flying all over.

" Yah! What are you doing?!" Ah-ra screams at her sister as she shoves her away.

" You filthy thing!" Dal-rae slaps her little sister and drags her up the stairs.

" Onni! Onni!" Ah-ra screams for her sister as she held on to her hair.

Dal-rae forcefully pulls Ah-ra's hair and heads straight to the bathroom. Shinwoo who heard the commotion too late, only heard the slamming of the bathroom door.

" What are the two of you doing?! Yah! Shin Dal-rae! Open this door now!" Shinwoo panics as he hears his little sister screaming for help.

Shinwoo desperately tries to break the door down as he hears the sound of water filling up the bath tub. His heart was about to burst as he hears Ah-ra screaming for him. He couldn't imagine what was going to happen next...

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Thank you for reading! To all my subscribers and readers, thank you for always being active and commenting. ^^ haha... Do leave comments about this chapter, and don't worry, we'll see more of Sandeul in the next chap. :D Have a nice day and continue to love B1A4!)