Shin's household.

Unrequited Love

'' Omma, is it really that important that Ah-ra enroll in Dance major? I mean.. She has a life too...'', Shinwoo rebuked his mother's words.

'' Because of you! Your little sister is making all this decisions on her own, look at Dal-rae! Why can't she be like Dal-rae?'', his mother reprimands him even further and compares Ah-ra with Dal-rae.

Shinwoo annoyingly glances at Ah-ra. The maknae was again kneeling down on her knees with her hands in the air. As per normal, Dal-rae was sitting beside Ah-ra trying to comfort her. Shinwoo smirks as he looks at Dal-rae, who was trying to act all good and innocent in front of him and his parents.

'' Omma, don't worry about Ah-ra, any way she'll be in the same school as me so i'll keep a lookout for her... Please don't punish her any more, tomorrow is the first day of school and i don't want her to be sick, oh? Omma? Please?'', Dal-rae sweetly fended for the maknae who was being punished.

Shinwoo swiftly turns his head at Dalrae and raised his eyebrows. He didn't want to make the situation even worst for Ah-ra, of course in his eyes Ah-ra was always the one being compared to the perfect 'older sister'-'' Dalrae ''. Little did his parents know about Dal-rae, the grudges that she had held against Ah-ra when they were little. How she had so hard strive to gain his parents attention and make Ah-ra the 'useless' one in the family.

'' Araso, Dal-rae.. go bring your little sister in to her room. I don't even want to see her face. Why did i even raise her up to be a useless being.. Look at her brother, a famous fashionista and an executive director, her sister, a successful ballerina. Her? I raised her up to become a pathetic musician?!'', their mother clearly vented her frustrations on Ah-ra and at the same time praised Dal-rae for being the perfect daughter.

Dal-rae carefully supported the maknae on her shoulders, Ah-ra struggled to walk as her legs were numb after kneeling for forgiveness for 5 hours. Shinwoo plops up from his sitting position and swiftly carries Ah-ra into her room. This made Ah-ra very happy as at least her brother showed some sort of support on her decisions.

Dal-rae stumped by Shinwoo's actions rolled her eyes at him. Of course, the white prince that will save his little princess no matter what happens. Dal-rae had always felt that he had never once accepted her into the family, Ah-ra then was too young to understand the situation, hence no matter how much she tried to make Shinwoo cherish her with love just like any brother would, the more distant the two of them got.

'' Oppa, I'm sorry for being such a disappointment to the family, you must be ashamed that your little sister is pathetic right? Unlike you and Dal-rae onni.. but i had always loved writing and composing music..'', Ah-ra sighed as she pouted her lips at her Oppa.

Shinwoo flashed a smile at Ah-ra and flicked her forehead. 

'' Yah! Babo-ya! Follow your dreams, if you think that you love music, then do it, if you hate it, then stop it.. that's how life is.. You can't always do the things that others do.. Then you'll really be pathetic as what omma had said because you're just a follower.. Am i not right?'', Shinwoo replied his little sister with concern in his voice.

Shinwoo then proceeds to comb and style his precious little sister's hair. Each time that Ah-ra was feeling down, he would always be there for her to cheer her up and also listen to all her worries. In Ah-ra's heart, her brother was the best in the world and she was lucky to have Shinwoo and Dal-rae as her siblings. With that in mind, Ah-ra heaved a sigh of relief and looked forward to her first day in University tomorrow.

On the otherhand, Dal-rae stood outside Ah-ra's room eyeing jealously at Ah-ra who was being pampered by Shinwoo. That smile that he had always presented to Ah-ra. The smile that had been forbidden from her, the attention and love that she had never received from her ''brother''. 

'' What am i lacking of? Am i not pretty enough? Am i not like her? Our parents has already acknowledged me to being better than Ah-ra? Why can't he at least give me half the attention that he's giving to Ah-ra?'', Dal-rae thought to herself as she fumed, and she proceeds to her room to go to bed.

'' Finally, perfect beautiful hair. Wah... my little sister looks just like a princess. *sigh* Why are your cheeks becoming so sunken? Are you really 21 now? It felt like yesterday when i held your tiny hands and helped you put on your shoes.'', Shinwoo commented on Ah-ra's hair and talked about how time flew very fast.

Ah-ra felt very touched by her brother's words and gave him a huge hug. '' Oppa, remember, i'm 21, i'm no longer a baby!'', Ah-ra laughed as she ran away from him and headed towards Dal-rae's room.

With a light-hearted heart, Ah-ra skipped towards Dal-rae's room. Dal-rae's room was much more bigger than hers, but Ah-ra had always felt that the onni deserves the bigger room so she had never once felt jealous about that. However, that feeling that her mother was putting more hope on Dal-rae was palpable, hence Ah-ra was very cautious about the way she acted around her older sister. Ah-ra politely knocks on the door.

'' Oh? Come in..'', a faint voice answered Ah-ra's knock on the door.

'' Onni, haha, your room is so nice... Since tomorrow is my first day to the campus, could you probably show me around tomorrow?'', Ah-ra smiled as she admired her beautiful and flawless sister. 

Dal-rae looked amused, '' Should i?'', she answered Ah-ra.

'' Yes! I would be so proud to have an onni like you, you must be popular in school right?'', Ah-ra excitedly replied her sister's answer and she knew for sure that her sister wouldn't mind showing her around the school since she had assured Omoni that she would be taken care of.

'' Uri dongsaeng... see that mirror? Your reflection isn't it? Look at me, why would i even want to be associated with you? Oh? Don't you understand? We're on different levels. You're nothing, just like what omoni said.. you're just a pathetic... Well, since you're begging me to take care of you... Why not?'', Dal-rae smirked as she spouted those knife-liked words.

Ah-ra flabbergasted by her sister's answer quickly turned around and walked off. Tears filled her doe-eyed eyes. Ah-ra angrily opens the door to her room, her brother was not there anymore. She miserably jumped onto her bed and covered her face with a pillow. Ah-ra could feel warm drops of tears trickle down her face, no matter how much she tried not to shed a tear, a lump would form on .

'' Onni... Why are you like this? '', Ah-ra thought to herself as she fell asleep.

 

(A/N: So this is the 1st chapter, haha. Well, this is one of the few chapters where you guys will see CNU as the warm loving brother, and it'll be a long time before we see him again. For the next chapter, we'll meet the most important character, LEE SANDEUL. Today is the 600th day with B1A4, how are you guys feeling??? :D Hopefully, today will be a pleasant day for all of you. Thank you for reading and do leave comments~^^~)