this is my new story

When You're Here

Sneak peek of my new story, enjoy reading ^^


 

Kai was just another young man, when he was introduced to the real world. With his graduate certificate in one hand and enough money for a few weeks, he went to the Seoul from his hometown to start a new life. What a new life looks like, he didn’t know yet. He’s living with his parents for 22 years yet now he was here, in front of S.M Entertainment Building, wondering if he just doing a mistake, rejecting the offer of being a star.

The brunette sighed. It only happens once in a life time – get scouted to be the part of showbiz - but then he straighten his back, cause he believes that there’s still many companies which needs him for his brain and so he didn’t give up. For the first month he’s still diligently searching for a proper job, while doing part-time to support his life, but in the month six, finally he had to give up after went through numerous failed job interviews, cause he wasn’t old enough, or smart enough, or Korean enough…

Bringing the last money in his pocket, which not so many, he walked to the station and sat waiting for a train home. His mind recollecting what had happened to him these past months, and he closed his eyes, tried not to drown himself in grief. It’s hurt, what the world gave to you but don’t let it change the way you are.

When this heart calmed down again, he opened his eyes and blinked in surprise as he saw the empty chair in front of him occupied with blond-haired couple. The taller was reading a book while the smaller boy rested his head on his lover arm. For a moment, Kai stared at the smaller blonde with fascination. His heart clenched at such beauty he never find before he didn’t even realize that he was looking at them for too long that the taller giving him a warning look.

 “What are you looking at?” He just snapped back to the reality when he heard someone murmured harshly. His gaze went to see the furious blonde, and he smiled, backed up because he didn’t mean any harm to them. He apologized by bowing once and took his bag, walking somewhere else but his eyes still searching the beautiful blond. His mind recalled every detail he could capture and his heart thumped even harder because of that.

 

Such silly, at a time like this, he found distraction by falling in love.

 

Alarm sounding through the station and Kai stood near the yellow line with the commotion of passengers. The brunette tucked his head down, hiding an excited smile on his lips. His hands grabbed his bag tightly, tried hard not to search of the blonde, maybe he can take a look for the last time. But he knew he shouldn’t so after the train stopped and the people poured down, he hopped in, still looking at his step until he found his seat.

 

Back to where he belongs.

 

*

*

*

Prologue : People with News Clenched in Their Palms

*

Their city not as big as Seoul, but at least there’s job in here. He worked at an elementary school as a I.T Teacher. It’s fun and healing, to be here. He hardly recalled about his fail in Seoul, and focused to his new job.

The only thing he can’t forget was the sleeping beauty in the train station. He was sure that he won’t find such beauty like that ever again, not that feeling the same spark to others like he had to the blond. Why he grew such a strong feeling like this, he didn’t know why too. He’s not a lover type. Care and respect may suit him, but never love. He simply believes love was too surreal to happen in real life. Love, was the magic written in books or spell chanting from sweet talk.

Yet now he was falling in love with a stranger, whom every time he closed his eyes, all he saw was the pale face, with slight pink blush on the cheek bone, pouty pink lips, slightly opened and he can almost hear the beauty was breathing calmly. The vision he had for the strangers always like that, even though day grew into days, months passed and yet it never faltered. He even made a promise, if they had once more chance to meet again, Kai will do anything to make the boy knew, his world means nothing without the blond around.

He opened his eyes and looked down, seeing the good news clenched in his palms. His lips thinned into small smile - or smirk, if people prefer to see him with one – as he read again the letter from Triangle, the architectural design company in Seoul, which requested his attendance by the Monday, due to the result of his interview months ago. He remembers, he came just to get interviewed and then they said they will call him after their Director back. He waited for three months, and now, just when he finally settled in, this letter came to him.

Here he was again, at the same station with the same bag and slight bigger hope. Every step felt so straining that he can’t stop praying for the good outcome cause he think he can’t stand for a second fail. It’s different, before he had nothing, but now he left everything behind him. If he had to go home empty handed again… Kai gritted his teeth,

 

'I’d rather never go back home.'

 

*

*

*

 

It’s rainy when he walked home from his new job. Cursing under his breath, Kai immediately seek the refugee from the rain under the porch of a shop. He rested his back to the brick wall, protecting his one and only laptop from the heavy rain. Not too long after, a boy in grey hoody joined his place. It made him grunted lowly cause he’s not feeling like sharing right now. However, the boy was drenched in rain and shivering from the cold air, Kai can’t help but scooted a bit so they can share the small place a bit fair.

He stared at the rain, thinking nothing in particular for a while until he heard someone sobbing.

Kai looked down, and the first thing he saw was a crumpled letter in the boy’s trembled hands. It was awkward for him to stay when this boy spilled his tears onto the letter. But he can’t go anywhere right now, so he was busying himself searching for handkerchief or tissue, then he remembered he wasn’t a gentleman, not the one with best hygiene too.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

The sob abruptly stopped. Kai can imagine the boy must be shocked right now, because he suddenly gathered the lithe body into his arm, and then whispering sweet words while rubbing the boy’s back gently. The boy was tensed, but it’s only for a second or two before he buried his face into Kai’s chest, hugging the brunette while crying his heart out loud.

“Shhh…” Kai murmured, still whispering gently words at the boy even though he felt strange with himself for doing this, “it’s okay. You’ll be better. You deserved better…”

He keep showering the boy with nice words, until the cry turned into sniff, and then the sniff turned into small whimpers, “I’m sorry…” the boy looked up, whispering breathlessly, but it’s not the words that make Kai turned into statue. “I’m sorry for making you worry…” he then stared at Kai’s stained shirt, “I’m sorry for ruining your shirt…”

It’s love, what Kai felt when he met again with his beautiful stranger. Even though this boy hair was damp and his face swollen and his eyes red, he’s still so precious. Just like a diamond, covered by dust and dirt yet didn’t lose its value even a single bit. And it didn’t matter what covered him when it comes to love. This heart beat rushed and this cheeks heated cause there’s an electric wave went through Kai’s skin as they were this close… so close…

“What’s happen to you?” Kai whispered, as gently as he could. His hands inappropriately wiped away the tears as an excuse to taste how it feels to touch such flawless skin.

The stranger closed his eyes, took a deep breath to calm himself before he opened it again, ready to tell his story. But the time he remembers he was still holding into the letter, his shoulder shaking again and his lips got bitten again by his grief, and so Kai immediately lifted his jaw up to stop him from crying more, “no, no, no. don’t look at it.” He took the liberty of holding the drenched letter and shove it deeply into his pocket, “just look at me, ok? What’s your name?”

“Luhan.” The stranger groaned lowly, still can’t fully control the overwhelming emotion swirling inside him, but when he realized his palms was free, he let those rested on Kai’s broad chest before he took deep breaths over and again until he was ready to look up, stared back into Kai’s eyes, “I’m Luhan…”

“Great.” Kai smiled at the boy. Gently, he cleaned the face from the damp strings of blonde hair and cupped the cold cheeks, “I’m Kai, by the way,” he whispered softly, “and please don’t freak out…”

Kai bit his bottom lip. It was easy to imagine about it, but it was a different story if he just blurted out what he want, “I love you and I want to marry you, right here, right now.”

“Huh?” the blond stunned.

 

*

 

Luhan was playing with his fingertips, eyes s around the living room of this small apartment, but he tried to hold his curiosity with things he didn’t see before, or things he used to see in TV. He looked down to distract himself from getting up and snoop around, by staring at his toes and legs. His face blushed and his fingers immediately grabbed the end of the borrowed black tees which covered only the small part of his thighs. It was so uncomfortable, to sit on a stranger’s couch in the stranger’s house while his clothes getting dried.

“Do you want some coffee?”

His head shot up, staring at the black haired man in fear. But he saw the man was smiling and so he tucked his head down again, hugging himself while murmuring into his pale arms, “I don’t like coffee.”

He thought the man will just let him be, because he was being inappropriate after being saved from rain. But the man was walking towards him, and then kneeling in front of the couch, asking politely, “then what can I do for you?” his voice was deep and creepy, but there’s gentleness in it. It made Luhan stopped brooding by himself and took a glance at the man, let his light brownie eyes met with the pearly black ones.

He was hesitating if he should give in or be stubborn even more, now that he saw how the man looked like. At first he looked scary, just like how you see in a bully, and Luhan was not the fan of a bully. He hates them. However, a bully shouldn’t have such warm gaze and beautiful smile, or smirk. A bully shouldn’t help random people from broken heart.

“What do you want from me?” Luhan whispered.

“Did I tell you already? I love you and I want to marry you.” The bully excused himself to touch Luhan, and that made Lu whimpered because even though he was afraid, the touch didn’t hurt him. The man just cupped his cheeks, sharing warmth with him.

“But we didn’t know each other.” Luhan closed his eyes, the touch, the heat and the voice, the addicting voice of this man suddenly make his throat dry. He took a breath before opened his eyes again and he didn’t know why their faces were this close, so close…

“How could…” Lu let the fingers mapped his facial skin, and he titled his head, leaned into the warmth, “how could you love me?”

The man didn’t answer, instead he chuckled lightly. This made Luhan heart fluttered, at first he felt embarrassed cause he might say something absurd, but then hearing the sound of this man’s laugh enlighten him, it slowly cured him from his wound and he didn’t mind being reckless for once and decide that he will spend the rest of his life with this man.

“How couldn’t I?” again the black pearl found its way back into his eyes, dark orbs sparkling in excitement and affection Luhan wondered how could someone like this man can be so cheerful just because of love, while everything about him looked so harsh and cold?

“Ok, then.” After thinking for a while, Luhan realized, the only way he found out his answer was by spending his time more with this man, and so he sat up straight and smile,

 

“Let’s get married.”

 

*

 

So, I really loves marriage (or affairs) theme, and I really want to know if this story good or bad. I'm sorry for not updating the next part of 'Better' yet T^T