Under the Rain

When You're Here

the draft was from a long time ago, but I hope it will please them who never tired with KaiLu first meet AU

 

*

 

It rained when he walked on the city street, hands tucked deep into his pocket and face pouted to the hesitation he had in his heart. He pulled out a business card from a woman he met on a Shopping District. She said he had a potential to be an Idol and asked if he was interested there’s always audition in SM Building where he could go and see if he had luck.

He stopped walking when he reached his destination. There are some people gathered around the main entrance it amazed him how high the spirit around this place despite the heavy rain. He turned at the glass wall of the building, tried to see what’s inside but he could only saw his reflection, all damp from the head to toes. He took a deep sigh. He never wanted to be an Idol, that’s what in his heart. He loved being around people, making friends and all, he even got a promising position in the University’s Soccer Team. However, it’s just an audition and he could just stand there, doing nothing and probably embarrassed himself a bit then he could go home and move on.

 

“Kyaaaah!”

 

The sudden commotion startled him from his thought. There are two black vans slowing down in front of SM Entrance and suddenly the girls around him moved to get close to the now parked vans. They pulled out banners, smart phones even the high resolution cameras. The crowd was so loud but it also made him curious. He blended in, ignoring small protest and whines and even angry grunt until he was trapped in between sea of girls and couldn’t move further. He didn’t need too as some security cleared the space in front of him giving him a first row to witness the figure of nine, no, ten boys in shining clothes and flashy hair and make-up walked into the building while greeting their fans with a million dollar smile. He studied their face. They were probably around his age and each had strong ambience of Idol, but, since he only interested in DBSK so far, he didn’t know what kind of genre these guys into.

 

“Who are they?” He asked the girl next to him.

 

“Seriously?!” the girl answered without even taking a glance at him, she’s too busy waving her banner, “it’s EXO, who else you waited here aside for them?! Kyaaaaah!” he felt like he could be thrown like a home run ball just because the force of scream of the girls around him. Sure these fans got nice lungs.

 

“Suho Oppa!”

“Chanyeollie!”

“Chen-Chen!”

 

Random names of EXO members hit him and make him nauseous, it freaking him to the point he didn’t want to try this audition anymore and just going home to his warm and safe house. But then the scream got louder as the eleventh and last member appeared from the van, he felt so dizzy when the crowds around him pushed him forward and the security in front of him keep telling him to stay back.

All shouted one name.

 

“Kai!”

“Kai!”

“Kai!”

 

He tried to stand up straight when the girl beside him shouted, ‘Kai, please looked at me!’ and in a sudden Kai stopped walking, right in front of him.

He froze the time his eyes met with the fierce gaze from the boy, just for a second but it seeped through his body like chill air teasing his skin and make the hair on his back neck standing in fear. Such a strong gaze followed by a sly smile addressed to him, which made the crowds screamed again in bliss and cameras flashed repeatedly to capture the best moment of their precious brunette.

And just like that, after creating such a mass explosion, Kai was left.

  He stood still, feeling unsure if his body parts survived from the burst of feeling. What a strong aura, he gulped as he forced his slightly numb legs walked, passed the now cleared road and the entrance to SM Building. Now he was sure this is not what he wanted. He’ll go home and never regret about his decision today. Seeing the boy from before amazed him and also made him feared at how the boy could stir the girls crazy just from his small gesture. Even a man like him trembled all over, tried to bite his own moan and the inner desire to just throw himself under the boy’s mercy.

“Right.” he muttered to himself, “I couldn’t be someone like that.”

Too bad, he sighed, while he turned into a small road next to the building. The rain was stopped and the sky cleared, but it didn’t make him feel better. He could only think about one person right now and somehow it broke his heart.

 

“Hey.”

As he arrived at another exit, a husky voice called him. He turned at the back side of building where there’s a black haired boy standing in front of a small staff door, with both hand tucked deep inside the grey hoodie pocket.

“You don’t come for audition?”

There’s no answer for Kai cause he was busy becoming a statue of gaping blond. He didn’t know why they had met again when he was thinking his previous luck was the last time he could get so close to Kai. He didn’t know why his heart marched in excitement while thinking Kai was specially came here like the boy knew they will meet again in this lone, deserted road.

“Hey.” Kai called him again, “I ask you a question.”

Right, he snapped back from his own, foolish thought. He just met this boy for a second or two and he already thinking they had destiny in their side. “I was.” He admitted, after managed to hold back the overwhelming emotion inside his throat without throwing up what he had for lunch, “but I’m all wet so I think it’s inappropriate to go inside like this.” he referred to his damp hair, wet jacket and jeans as his excuse. “Maybe I’ll come back later.”

“Wow,” Kai blinked in surprise before the boy chuckled lightly, “you had such a beautiful voice, I bet no one will care how you looked.”

“But…” he wanted to say this is an audition to be an Idol so obviously the appearance will take a vital place. But his face was already heated by Kai’s praise and he lost the right words to retort back. Yes, he could sing a bit, but he didn’t have strong vocal and he only sing to himself so it fumed him at how easy Kai spotted his talent. Was the boy just sweet talking him or really a sharp person, he didn’t have idea.

 

“Come here.”

 

Kai gestured him to walk on the damp pathway to where the boy stood. Like he was under a trance, his body moved before he could even think, with his face looked up at the taller boy and his eyes locked with the darkest orbs he ever met. Suddenly he felt he was inside a precious moment of a romance where the man firstly met the woman. Call him delusional but he swear at every step he took he could feel his heart thumped a timpani, hard and then harder, building a bridge of anxiety into the melody but to make him suffered there’s no , no ends to the play.

This is no drama, Luhan tried to be rational. There’s no man and woman in this deserted place, only man and man.

 

But that doesn’t mean love wasn’t here.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Well, here.” Kai opened his grey hoody and give it to the drenched Luhan. “Let me lend you my jacket.” now they were this close he found the voice of the brunette was not only beautiful but also magical. It could easily make him obey. “Change yours with mine, then you can go inside and join the audition.”

Why, he asked Kai from his eyes, while he took the kindness, tried hard not to do something creepy like sniffling the fabric. He might be a very manly person but he had with smell so he tried hard not to think about how thrilling it will be to be surrounded by intoxicating musky scent lingering on Kai’s clothes. So, he opened his jacket then the undershirt. Shuddered when the cold wind hit his but Kai was scooting closer the boy’s warmth began touching his skin.

Too close. His mind warned the intimacy, but his body moved as he put on the jumper, gritting his teeth to suppress the moan filling his throat at how rich the scent around him. He closed his eyes and let another man’s hand zipped the hoody, fixing the end of the clothes and even going so far by ruffling his wet hair.

“There,” Kai stepped back and smile proudly, “that was perfect.”

“Really?” he looked at both his palm, the hoody was oversized for his skinny figure but the smell was so good he was okay if he’ll get to wear this for the rest of his life, “thank you Kai.”

Like the sunny day reappeared after the rain, he felt he had strength to smile again his face became so hurt from happiness. But, when Kai caressed his cheek, unintentionally, he leaned into the touch. When Kai was getting closer again he gasped but not moving an inch, only whimpered when the boy pecked the trail of vein in his neck,

“No problem.” Kai laughed into his skin, “You look good. I bet you’ll have the luck today.”

He said thanks, over and again as he s his hand around Kai’s back and hugged the boy. It’s too slow to be a friendly hug and it was too tight to be done in public but thankfully it didn’t take all day cause the blond still had audition to attend.

 

“Okay, I’m going.”

 

“Wait.”

 

Kai grabbed his arms too fast he stumbled onto the brunette chest. It's an awkward moment for two normal guys but he didn’t even flinch when Kai’s face was too close, he could feel the warm breath teasing his flustered ones.

“What?” he braced himself to ask.

 

“I don’t know your name yet.”

 

He was sure that’s not what in Kai’s mind, or what transferred from the boy’s eyes. He knew because he felt the same the time his gaze dropped and focused on a certain part in Kai’s face. He opened his mouth, feel the saliva pooling inside and ready to spill when he saw Kai his own lips from the dryness. But he gulped back his desire and smile,

“My name is Luhan.” He didn’t even believed he was giggling right now, his name wasn’t something funny or embarrassing to say but he did embarrassed for letting out his lust taking control of his mind which keep telling him to kiss those savory plump lips rather than giving Kai a hand, “it’s pleasure to meet you.”

Kai smirked, like the boy knew what was inside Luhan’s mind, however he decided to hold himself too and shook the hand offered to him with a low whisper, “indeed it’s a pleasure.” He gave hints with a flirty wink which sending Luhan into another giggling ball.

 

 “What a beauty.”

 

When Luhan was left, Kai leaned on the door frame, a hand holding Luhan’s shirt and jacket and a warm smile appeared on his handsome face. He brought the clothes into his nose and inhaling the same sweet scent he smelled from Luhan’s neck.

“Can’t wait to make him as mine.

 

*

 

A while ago, he marched into SM Lobby with full confidence and immediately filling the form of audition at the front desk. The lady explained to him about the rules and then expected him to go to the waiting room with other audition-ers. She also gave him a strange look, much to his hoody, but Luhan decided to let it pass.

But as he walked to the waiting room and people started became crowds, he felt uncomfortable and also nervous when they looked at him with mixed expression. He started to think there’s something wrong with him, and the inner side of him running around in panic, ordering for a full check in front of mirror. Is it his face? Is there any dirt in his face? Or his clothes? But this is Kai’s clothes and Kai already said he’s perfect so unless Kai was throwing prank at him, the problem shouldn’t be because of how he looked.

 

“Nice suit.”

 

A girl said in mocking tone Luhan can’t help but frowned. He stood next to a bush, far from crowds where he could hid part of his body and stopped being the center of attention.

 

“Lu Han.”

 

One hour later, he was startled by someone calling his name. Finally, he said while standing from the seat he took a while ago. There’s not many people around anymore but the strange look they gave for him still following him (even from the staff who called him) until the door closed and he faced three women and a man behind a desk.

“Oh.” The talent scout from before was there and smiling to him, “so you decide to come.” She said.

“Who is he?” a bulky man in tight polo shirt grunted while looking at him in displease, “someone with talent?”

“His face was pretty.” Another woman chuckled lightly, “it’s already enough talent.”

“Quiet, guys.” The woman in the middle cleared the commotion caused by her friends while checking Luhan’s resume, “so, Lu Han,” she called his name so suddenly Luhan almost jumped from where he stood, “do you have any entertaining talent you want us to know?”

Luhan wanted to say he could sing and how Kai said his voice was beautiful so probably he’ll be lucky today. But he was too nervous he can’t stop shivering and muttering sorry.

“Don’t be nervous.” The man said with his deep voice, which only made Luhan wanted to run and curled into Kai’s chest somewhere in the back of the building. Oh, he wished Kai was here. “We’re not going to put you in prison. Just tell us if you have any talent like, dancing, modeling, acting, wushu, singing, aegyo, whatever needed to be idol nowadays…”

“Do you have hobby?” his talent scout asked him.

Luhan nodded, “so-soccer.” He said before clearing his throat to stop himself from stuttering. “I’m good at sport.”

“How about dancing?” she asked again, “can you dance?”

“Well, I never really try dancing but I have good reflex.” Slowly the confidence flowing back into him, when he was talking about things he’s good at.

 

“He’s also had angelic voice.”

 

A familiar voice appeared from another door, which now opened to reveal Kai who leisurely walked into the room and standing next to the table, “hi again, Luhan.” He sent his deadly smile which easily made Luhan melted into the puddle of shame. What's wrong with him, he couldn't even control himself in front of the people. it's like he became at the same level with all those girls from the outside. Well, he can't judge them now he was close to have heart attack everytime Kai stared at him.

 

This is disaster.

 

“Young Jin hyung,” Kai turned at the man, “I want him.”

Luhan startled when the blond heard that.

Yoo Young Jin gave Kai a look, but when Kai stubbornly sending him back a silent order from the eyes, the older sighed in defeat, “You know, Jongin, you can’t own people. How many times I tell you that?”

 “That's true, Jongin,” the woman in the middle muttered, “besides if you want to sleep with him, didn’t need to make him the part of this company. We had enough trainees already this place will explode someday.”

“I can’t date.” Kai reasoned while glaring at adult on the table, “and YOU ALL knew why, right? You guys writing the contract. So if you made him as EXO member then I can be with him all the time.”

“It’s not that easy, you know.” The woman in the middle said, “he need to learn dancing, singing, and we’re also need to prepare for his debut.”

“Don’t forget the fans’ reaction. There will be chaos, like when Kyuhyun added to Super Junior.” Another woman said.

“And Jongin you should ask Young Min for permission and I bet on my beard he will kick you out of his office because of this.” Young Jin added.

“Oh yeah, let me shave your beard now, old man.”

“Guys please calm down and talk about it later.” Luhan’s talent scout tried to stop other adults trying to have argument with Kai, “oh, whatever.” She sighed when everyone ignored her. In no time, she gathered her things and looked at Luhan who now standing next to the exit, face paled.

“Lu Han,” she called him and said, “It’s okay. You’re in.” she smiled, tried to apology to Luhan for witnessing the mess behind her, “actually Chief already noted you since I gave him your photo (sorry I took your photo from before) so you don’t have to go so far by letting Kai put ownership on you.”

“Ownership?”

“You don’t know?” She looked at the hoody, then when realization struck her, she immediately spat at Kai, “yah! Kim Jongin! How could you give your jacket to him without explaining anything, you punk!”

 Luhan stared at the hoody, it was like casual hoody in grey, with Kai’s scent all over. Seeing his clueless face, Kai stopped arguing and walked at him, “here, lovely,” he grabbed Luhan shoulder and turned Luhan back to face the mirror. Luhan read the words on the back of hoody and his face immediately turned red cause it was written as,

 

“Property of Kai.” he mouthed the words.

 

“That’s right, you’re mine.” Kai made a short conclusion before leaned in to kiss him, ignoring the shout of protests from the adult in the room and the stunning Luhan who didn’t know if he should be blessed or mourned in grief. He could only close his eyes and let his body relaxed, accepting the kiss with a thumped heart.

Kai cupped his face and chuckled happily when he glared back, tried to look vicious while threatening Kai to explain everything to him.

“Later, ok?” Kai gave him a knowing look, along with a peck on his lips,

 

“Let’s kiss again.”

 

*

 

So, how was it? ^^