Lips

When You're Here

‘I wonder how it feels to kiss your lips…’ - Kai

Happy Birthday Nining-chan ^___^

 

*

 

Kai had a thing for lips, just like he loved kissing. He had this habit, every time he was talking to someone, he will stare at the lips, fascinated by how interesting it moved in mouthing words, twitching a smile and pouting cutely, it almost like they were a different being aside the owner. Of course, no matter how he loved lips and how hard to resist an urge to kiss them, the world he belongs had norms and the norms said, he might go into jail by ual harassment, or at least getting a slap.

 

As he got older, he found a certain type of lips he loved, and for the whole year since the owner had come into his life, he can’t stop dreaming of brushing his finger on those pink, soft flesh and smashing them with his own lips. However, it was hard to get close to the owner, cause it was a boy and he was Chinese so they had different classes and schedules although they’re both SM Trainees.  

 

Still the urge was getting even worsen as the days passed so Kai decided to be bold, for once in a life time. He stayed after his class and waiting for this older boy, Luhan, who luckily had to go to bathroom and Kai followed him. Cornered him. Told him nothing and just leaned in to catch the pink lips in between his. It felt surprisingly good, and even better cause the boy unconsciously kissed him back, and because of that he did more, pressed their body close and let their hands tangled in each other’s back as he titled his head, deepening the kiss.

 

“What was that?” the boy asked breathlessly, when finally Kai can make those dreamy lips wet and swollen and bruised, “who are you?”

 

Kai touched the scar under the bottom lips, as his eyes met with Luhan and his own lips forming a smirk. “Hyung,” he murmured huskily, “from now on you’re my pet.”

 

“Huh?”

 

.

 

Now Kai had a new pet, not Monggu, but this lovely boy named Luhan. He knew the name from Sehun, his bestfriend, who happen to be Lu’s roommate and since then they became a not-blood-related twins. Sadly, Sehun didn’t have Luhan’s lips and even without that, Sehun will kill him if Kai dared to steal a peck. So, ignoring the fact that Luhan is four year older than him, Kai bullied Luhan to be his pet for the whole years, kissing him and molesting him every time they met, until Luhan can't take it anymore.

 

Kai didn’t know what Luhan said to Sehun but one day Sehun came to him and asked him to stop molesting Luhan. When Kai asked why, Sehun said, there’s love in between the twins, love in a deeper meaning than a kiss, that if they’re not males and they’re not idols then they would be couple. A real couple.

 

Kai treasured Sehun like he treasured his pets, and so he didn’t want Sehun to be sad or the worse, decided to break off their friendship just because Kai was in the way of this ‘love’ relationship. Personally, Kai never thought of loving someone completely. Usually his love stayed on the lips, and probably some sweet spots on a person’s body. The problem was, he felt sad he couldn’t keep Luhan as his pet anymore and it means he cannot snog with the boy at every dark corner –or dance room, or men’s bathroom, or janitor – anymore. Also, he can’t sneak into Luhan’s bedroom at midnight again. And the sadness died down the fire in his heart, drying his lips and closing his heart, as if he lost his capability as a complete human and turned into an empty shell.

 

Maybe it was called as broken heart.

 

.

 

When they were assigned into EXO, not too long after, there’s only awkwardness in between them. For Kai, even by looking at Luhan made his heart clenched, cause he will remember about the past time when he was so stupidly in love with Luhan’s lips, which growing into love at Luhan’s torso, Luhan’s neck, Luhan’s hips, everything on the Chinese beauty. He will also remember why he was standing this far from Luhan, not be able to get a step closer. Not be able to look Luhan in the eyes and give a simply greet.

 

Cause aside the kiss, and the touch, they’re both strangers.

 

However, as the time goes by and they had a chance to get stuck next to each other for a few times, it was weird if there’s no words came out in between them. It will bring question from everyone if the only thing they share was nervous laugh –that, if unconsciously caressed each other shoulder and accidental hands brush isn’t considering as body contacts- Luhan began to be friendly to him. He didn’t know how, cause Luhan was just like a magical being, or probably it’s just the older’s nature who can easily draw people to get near and become friends. Kai didn’t even realize the distance in between them vanished and suddenly Luhan was closer than he ever imagined the boy would be.

 

Luhan was all over him.

 

And it cause since then, there’s not a second he spent while not thinking about Luhan.

 

.

 

“Why are you so grumpy?”

 

Probably Kai should tell Luhan why. It was a year after their debut and EXO have their comeback stage as wolves. Along these times, his relationship with Luhan was in great condition, except for the fact that he’s still having ‘Lips ’ or precisely called ‘Luhan’s-Lips ’ of course he didn’t have the cure yet, not with Luhan keep hanging close and whispering words with his soft, alluring voice in Kai’s ear, all the time.

 

“Yeah, Kkamjongie…” Sehun came to join them sitting on the living room couch, with a bubble tea in a hand, “why did you look so down?”

 

“Did Suho made a mess in the interview?” Luhan titled his head cutely, before the pink-blond haired boy squealed happily for no reason.

 

Sehun snickered, “probably Kai’s the one who made a mess, Little Lu.”

 

Kai stared at both twins who now sat in each side of him, before he took a loud sigh. This isn’t good. Having them chatting around him like he was invisible, it brought a familiar yet strange feeling back into him. it’s too sad to be called as anger yet it can’t stop bothering him every time he remember Luhan belongs to Sehun and Sehun belongs to Luhan and they’re were together in a deeper-than-a-kiss meaning of love.

 

“I’m going out.” He declared, not really asked for response but at least it cleared his mind from thinking about Luhan and Sehun and Love in the same boat and praying to God why their love wasn’t as simple as his love at lips. At Luhan’s lips. Cause that’s the only definition he had about love, a simple yet complicated feeling toward others which made him gained and learned more emotions and being happier when he was be able to touch and be connected.

 

“To where?” Sehun asked curiously.

 

“Out.”

 

Sehun shrugged, like usual, the youngest never understand or care with the way Kai behave, but when Kai walked out from their dorm, he heard Luhan called his name.

 

“Kai.”

 

He turned and saw Luhan leaned on the door, smiling heavenly at him while saying, “are you heading somewhere? Do you mind to buy me some ramen when you’re return?”

 

Kai furrowed his eyebrows, “but you just ate, hyung.”

 

He saw Luhan blushed in embarrassment and the lips which he loved so much, pouting at him like it won’t make his heart trembled in wants, “but I want ramen, so, here.” The cutie pie pulled out some money from his Piglet change’s pocket, “take this money with you and buy your hyung some kimchi ramen.”

 

Kai only stared at the money, before he shook his head and walked away, “I don’t need that. I’ll buy them for you, hyung.”

 

“No!”

 

He didn’t expect Luhan come out and grabbed his arm to stop him from going even further, “you should bring the money, Kai.”

 

“I don’t wanna.”

 

“But I insisted.”

 

There is a reason why Luhan can keep being this close to him without getting ‘attacked’. It was because he tried not to lose into his lust by keep chanting to himself that ‘Luhan is precious’ for million times, and it’s not because Luhan isn’t his pet anymore and now became someone else’s special person. It’s because even the simplest form of love had to be treasured with the entire life and so he keep his desire away from Luhan cause he knew it’s no use to force his love at the boy when his love only come as fear.

 

That’s why his inner self demanded for answer, why he stared at Luhan with gleaming eyes, why he raised his hand from the pocket and grabbed Luhan’s jaw and why the his head leaning down and pecked the doll’s lips.

 

He kissed Luhan, after a year struggling with his stupid self-restriction.

 

And his heart finally at peace, when he smiled at the stunning boy and said,

 

“Then I’ll take this kiss as payment.”

 

Now, probably he was endangering his friendship with Luhan and Sehun. Hence he won’t have any friends anymore if other members knew this habit. But, whatever, he said as he walked into the lift. He didn’t feel bad for falling in love or for taking in action because he was in love.

 

And he was sure this won’t be the last time he touched Luhan.

 

 

*

Tbc

*

 

how was it?