스물; finale

Maybe I'm in Love... With A Teacher?!

 

/D-DAY; Dance Competition Day/

 

“AHHHHH, HYUNG!!!! THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WATCHING!!!! I AM SO NERVOUS!!!! AHHHH!!!!!” Sungyeol was whining again.


It had finally reached the day where they are going to show their all to Korea. There were at least 1000 people that came, with media live broadcast as well. It was a huge dance competition. It was also one that could make or break their dancing career in the entertainment industry.

 

/BACK AT YOOKYUNG’S HOUSE/

 

“UNNIE! HURRY UP! WE ARE LATE FOR OPPA’S COMPETITION!” Hayoung was screaming at Yookyung to hurry up. It was 12noon already and the competition starts at 2pm. They only had 1 hour to travel and reach, or they would be late.

 

“COMINGGGG!” Yookyung rushed down the stairs, dragging Hayoung out of the house, and called for a taxi immediately.

 

/AT THE COMPETITION SITE/

 

“Have you reached?” Sunggyu clicks the ‘send’ button as he kept his phone away. He peeked outside but saw no sign of his girlfriend and Yoookyung. The competition was starting in half an hour but they had not reached yet. He was getting worried.

 

“Hyung don’t worry. My baby told me that they are rushing in a taxi here right now! They will reach on time!” Sungyeol comforted Sunggyu. Sunggyu then heaved a sigh of relief and went back to preparing and revising the dance steps.

 

/OUTSIDE THE STADIUM/

 

“THANK YOU AHJUSSI! KEEP THE CHANGE!” Yookyung gave the taxi driver more than enough and ran out towards the stadium. The guards were about to close the gate but the duo rushed and made it in. They quickly found their seats and sat down.

 

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE ANNUAL DANCEFEST 2013! I AM YOUR HOST OF TODAY, PARK JAE MIN.” The very big-sized host bowed to the audience.

 

“AS WE ALL KNOW, THE WINNER OF THIS YEAR’S DANCEFEST MAY WIN A CONTRACT TO DEBUT AS A DANCE CREW UNDER THE VERY FAMOUS ARTIST, PREPIX. PREPIX IS ALSO HERE TODAY, TO BE OUR JUDGE! LET’S WELCOME HIM.”  The audience clapped politely.

 

“WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S BEGIN! FIRST GROUP, WITH THE YOUNGEST AVERAGE AGE AMONG ALL GROUPS, LET’S WELCOME TEEN TOP!” The host went backstage as six adorable boys came onto the stage. Despite their age, they pulled off a very y and charismatic performance.

 

/BACKSTAGE/

 

“I need you babe, babe, babe…” The music played as Teen Top performed.

“Hyung, they are good… Are we as good as them? What if we can’t dance as well? I’m nervous.” Sungyeol was fretting once again.

Hoya patted his shoulder and assured him, “Don't worry, we will just perform the best we can and see what happens.”

But in all their hearts, they were really nervous. Sunggyu tried to peek once again, and within seconds, he spots Hayoung sitting at the front row, enjoying the performances.

 

The music ended and Teen Top had finished their dance.

 

“AHHH THAT WAS Y, NOT LIKE THEIR AGE, NOT BAD FOR SUCH A YOUNG GROUP. I COULD DANCE LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. HAHAHA. NEXT UP, IS A REALLY MYSTERIOUS GROUP. THEY CALL THEMSELVES ALIENS FROM THE PLANET CALLED EXOPLANET. WEIRD HUH. LET’S WELCOME THE MEN IN CAPES AND HOODIES, EXO!” The host appeared and disappeared into the darkness.

 

“Careless careless, shoot anonymous anonymous, heartless, mindless, no one who care about me…” The music was playing, with the deep bass sounds pumping hard.  There are 12 members in this group called Exo, each dancing hard to their song.

 

“HYUNG, THEY ARE GOOD TOO! AND THEY HAVE A CONCEPT! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!” Sungyeol yelled again.

The other members just sighed and ignored Sungyeol as he paced around the room, anxious about the performance.

“Sungyeol ah, stop thinking about the other groups, and focus on remembering your steps. I don’t want you to do the wrong dance steps later on okay?” Sunggyu finally spoke.

 

The same English words repeated again and the group had ended their performance.

 

“UNNIE! IT’S INFINITE! OUR OPPAS’ TURN!” Hayoung turned to Yookyung who was also jumping excitedly, anticipating their appearance.

 

“NOW, HERE’S AN INTERESTING GROUP NAME. INFINITE. EVERYONE, ARE THEY GOING TO DANCE NON-STOP? HAHAHA, LET’S WELCOME 7-MEMBERED GROUP, INFINITE!” The host clapped and left the stage.

 

The familiar intro started to play as the 7 boys started their routine. They were ready for this. Every step, every beat, they had it memorized by heart for months.
내꺼하자, 내가 널 사랑해 오! 내가 널 걱정해 오! The song played as the boys danced swiftly, matching up to each other’s beat, being in sync for every single move without fail, just like how they have been practicing, in fact better.

 

Hayoung smiled as she gazed at Sunggyu. He, the man who she loves, the man who taught her so much literally, the man who loves her. How is she going to tell him the truth?

 

The performance ended with Sunggyu posing in the middle of the boys. It was a spectacular performance and there was a small section of the audience that gave them a standing ovation. They smiled as they waited for the other groups to show up on stage.

 

“WOW! I WAS SO SHOCKED BY THE PERFORMANCES. THIS IS WHAT I CALL STANDARD! THANK YOU FOR SHOWING SO MUCH PASSION IN DANCING. LET’S WAIT A WHILE FOR THE JUDGE’S DECISION. PREPIX-SSI, YOU READY? I’M WAITING…” The host laughed as he teased the judge.

 

An assistant of Prepix gave the host a slip.

 

“INSIDE THIS SLIP CONTAINS THE WINNER OF THE DANCEFEST 2013! WHO WILL BE THE ONE BEING SIGNED ON TO PREPIX DANCE CREW? WHO WILL GO HOME WITH NO CONTRACT?” The host built up the suspense as he opened the slip.

 

“AHH, AS EXPECTED THE VERY INTERESTING TEAM.” He chuckled as the audience held their breaths.

 

“Please let oppa win, please let oppa win.” Hayoung repeats as she awaits for the results.

 

“AND THE WINNER FOR DANCEFEST 2013, GOES TO… INFINITE!” The host had announced the winner and passed the mic to the boys.

 

“We won? WE WON!!! ASSA! WE WON!!!! HYUNG WE WON!!!” Sungyeol shouted as loudly as possible, causing feedback from the mic but he could care less. He then passed the mic to Sunggyu who was speechless. The other boys, like Woohyun and Hoya were already crying. Dongwoo broke down into sobs. Myungsoo teared a little. These boys, the boys who have worked so hard to be exactly in sync in every move, the boys who sacrificed sleep to practice so hard, these boys have made it. They are going to be in Prepix crew.

 

“Uh, we are really shocked that we won because we really did not expect this. I would like thank our parents, for believing in our passion, dancing. I would also like to thank my girlfriend, for being here today. Thank you for all the support you have given me, I wouldn’t have survived without you. This group name was to represent us, infinite. Our love would be infinite. The song was for you, would you be mine forever?” Sunggyu gave a huge heart towards Hayoung’s direction, making Hayoung tear at his touching speech and giggle at his cute gesture. She slightly nodded, making Sunggyu on stage blush.

 

The 7 boys bowed deeply as they exited the stage. Sunggyu quickly took his phone, wanting to sent an sms when he sees an sms from Hayoung.

 

“Let’s meet at our usual place to celebrate your win. I want to meet you alone. I’ll see you outside the stadium.”

 

Sunggyu changed at the speed of light and dashed out of the stadium, to only spot a girl, wearing only one coat, freezing as the wind blew non-stop.

He ran towards her and took off his jacket to cover her.

 

“Thank you oppa. Let’s go.” Hayoung held Sunggyu’s hand and walked towards to the bus stop.  The bus came and they took the road they often take, the way to their usual place, The Bongas.

 

/AFTER THEY REACHED AND SETTLED DOWN/

 

I will tell him now. Yes I should. I cannot keep him in the dark anymore.

 

“Oppa, I have something to tell you.” Hayoung paused as Sunggyu looked up from the menu.  

“I… am a trainee, and with my unnies, we will debut in 3 months’ time. There is a chance that I might not be able to see you often, and our relationship might be affected but I believe we can stay strong and low-profile right?” Hayoung finally mustered all her courage to tell the truth. The bomb has been dropped on him, who dropped the menu on the table.

 

“Uh… you… debut… wait… I need some time to think…” Sunggyu was in a dilemma. Is he supposed to be with a relationship with someone who is about to debut? Isn’t that weird? He could not believe what he just heard. He was really baffled that he could not speak properly.

 

“You are going to famous for being in Prepix’s crew anyway, if both of us are famous, then no one would ever suspect anything, definitely not our relationship oppa. Trust me.” Hayoung tried to convince Sunggyu so hard tears were in her eyes, struggling to stay in. She had never loved a guy so deeply, and she did not want to lose him. She wanted to have faith in this relationship.

 

On the other hand, Sunggyu also loved her but was the love enough to overcome the fact that both of them might be famous and there’s a chance that they might be discovered? What if their careers were ruined because of this relationship? He didn't want to hurt her in any way he could. He was confused.

 

“So, would it be you and me, or us?”

 

[A/N: HEEHEE. And this story is done. I am so sorry for those who hate cliff-hang suspense endings but I decided I should end it this way. There is definitely no sequel to this! Oh, a fun fact! This is my longest chapter and when it reached the 1000th word it was actually the word “INFINITE” when I announced the winner of the dancefest. AINT IT COOL?! HAHAHAH! Thank you for the subscriptions, I really appreciate them, I hope you guys will support me as I continue writing. But the next few stories would probably be short stories, or one shots. I am getting inspirations from my classes in school so yes, I have many stories to come! Do look out! And thank you once again for reading this story! 감사합니다!]