The concert

The Rich Boy *Hiatus*

The concert

 

Minho's P.O.V.

 

Finally arrived in Kibums quarter I looked around for his house. I had to search long, very long. The house was hidden and small as if it was actually for a dwarf and Kibum definitely wasn't small.

I rang the funny looking bell and waited in the snow. It had snowed two days through. It was cold and I shivered as I waited outside. Please come quickly and let me in the warmth, I thought as someone walked out of the dwarf house.

A man with a purple robe and bright hair came out and looked at me sleepily. "Who disturbs me when I try to make my face more beautiful than it already is?

He rubbed his eyes and came closer. He had hardly changed. Only his hair was lighter and he was now more self-confident.

He froze when he saw me. "Minho! What're you doing here. I wasn't expecting you!" He hugged me. "Nice to see you again."

I nodded. "Yes, nice to see you again Kibumy."

"Do not call me that." He slapped me on the shoulder. "Call me Key."

"Why so?" I looked puzzled. "I touch every heart and make them shine." He smiled wildly and pulled me into the house.

"You've grown quite a bit. You even passed me." He giggled and made tea. "Sit down somewhere."

I turned in a circle, admiring the colors in his house. In the north saw one that not often. 

As the son of a barber Kibum wanted only the good things in his life.

As a child he always mothered Taemin and there for. He had a split personality. Later, he was really worried about Taemin and Isana. He had always liked them both but as Isana died he left without saying a word.

Taemin and Isana had liked Kibum very much. He had been like a role model in his young years. As kids, we always and called him Diva. It was fun. I miss the old times.

"So you like my decor? I have a lot of trouble. My first own house should be comfortable." I sat down on one of the sofas and gratefully took the tea.

"So what drives you to come here? Taemin goes well? I hadn't thought that you're dare to go so far away without him. "

"Taemin has sent me looking for the best instruments of the world." Kibum froze.

"What? This is unsolvable. Is he completely crazy. I should have stay there and looked for him." He shook his head angrily.

"No, listen to me. I did already have a solution. I'm missing only two instruments." I explained what happened on the train.

He nodded in understanding. "That is logical. Yes that could be true." He nodded.

"Have you any idea what the other two might be?"

"No, not yet." No idea. I looked around. "Key? You have a piano? I did not know that you're playing."

"Um ..." He looked sheepishly at the piano. His cheeks were red. What's the matter?

"Let's go to a concert tonight. I wanted to go there anyway." He changed the subject.

Key got up and was looking for something."I actually have no time," I was trying to say but he gave me a poster.

A man with a black suit standing in front of a half-open red curtain. He winked at the viewer, smiling mysteriously.

On the poster stand in big letters:

"We are showing you a new instrument!

Never had anyone heard of such enchanting sounds.

Come and have a look at it!"

 

"A new instrument ..." I mumbled, staring at the poster.

"Yes, I think that might help you, huh? The concert starts at 20 clock. It is now 15 clock if you want to sleep you can go have the guest room. Jonghyun will not mind."

"Who?", I inquired.

Key stopped his mouth. "Oh, nothing. Nobody. Forget what I said. I'll show you your room. By 19 clock we leave."

 

19 clock ...



I was fully dressed in the salon.

Key took a little bit, so I looked around more closely.

Key did not live here alone. Again and again, I saw things that could not belong to Key.

I just took a snow globe as Key came down in the salon.

"Come on. We need a half hour from here."

We went. Key hadn't ordered a coach, and we ran away along the ice.

"You know is not my first time going to a concert like this. It's so exciting. Again and again they amaze me. This time it's a new Intsrument. What you come here for, Isn't it fate? Maybe it's exactly what you are looking for and if not we ask Jonghy-"

He stopped and shook his head. "I talk too much I know. I'm so excited."

" Who's Jonghyun? "

"Aish. This is a friend of mine. You saw him on the poster."

"The small man with the black suit?", I asked in surprise.

"He isn't that small!", Key began to laugh.

I grinned. "Does he live with you?" I asked cheekily.

"What?"

"I've seen a few things that you do not fit in and their can not be your personal taste."

"Yes. You're right. Something like that I would never wear." He laughed softly but I didn't got an answer.

At the concert hall arrived we were just waved in. We took place and we were lucky that we had a really good view to look at the stage.

By 20 clock the performance began, and there were several dancers and singers. It was amusing. The music was fun and the atmosphere was wonderful. The building seemed to glitter and to shimmer. At the end the moderator finally introduced the new instrument.

"It's unexpected. It's new. It is unique and the its the first thing we have produced. Sure you have noticed that our singer had to sing very loudly to reach your ears. Not all the sounds were heard right?"

The crowd shouted "Yes."

"Really sad isn't it? Because of this we have invented an amplifier for the voices our singer. So that everyone can hear the voice loud and clear. Our best singer will show it to you:.... Kim Jonghyung"

The crowd cheered. Key stood up from his seat and clapped loudly. I sat tense.

The amplifier's voice echoed in my ears.

A ballad was sung, and the vote was four times louder.

The crowd cheered. He sang really well. He hit all the high notes and worked surprisingly a ballad to a rock sound. He entertained  the audience really good. I stared at the think that was microphone called. I had to have one. But if this is the first and only ...

I had to steal it? No. I wouldn't steal it. Buying? I don't have enough money with me right now. I rubbed the back of my head.

"Isn't it incredible?" Key said with a smile.

"It is. But it brings me only more questions." I admitted.

Key looked at me with a curious expression on his handsome face.  "If you want I can arrange a meeting with Jonghyun. He can sure answer a couple of youre questions."

"Yes. Thanks Key. Youre a big help!" I smiled gratefully and enjoyed the rest of the concert.