Bench

Aren't You Suppose To Be Mine?

 

No one questioned the two boys who came into the dorm late. After seeing Minhyuk bolt to one of the bedrooms, locking the door after he refused dinner no one really wanted to know. No one except for Jaehyo. Jaehyo was one of those people who would try to figure out everything about a certain person but reveal nothing about himself. When repeatedly asked about what happened and saying that nothing happened for about the 100th time, Kyung had picked up his plate and glass of water and headed into the study to finish his meal. Someone could only take so much.

 

After everyone finished their meals none of the members really dared to go into the one bedroom that Minhyuk currently resides in. They didn’t want to deal with it or bother him. The rest of the five members sat on the two mattresses lying on the floor acting as a couch and watched TV until late. At about 12 or so Taeil decided to hit the sack. Although he was advised against it he went into the bedroom as he was tired and didn’t care what Minhyuk said.

 

Slowly and carefully the small singer stepped through the doorway and looked for Minhyuk. He was facing the wall curled up on his bed, clothes and jacket, even hat still on. Taeil put his hands on his hips and sighed. Silently he sat on the edge of the bed and placed a gentle hand on the younger’s shoulder.

 

“Minnie. Yah, Minnie” he said in a very quiet whisper.

 

No answer. He started to gently shake his shoulder to try and wake the emotion-filled dancer but he didn’t budge. Taeil peered around his body to try and get a glimpse of his face and was startled when he found the younger staring at him with red, puffy eyes.

 

“Minnie… what’s wrong? You look like you’ve been crying…” the shorter man said with much precaution. What ever set him off, he didn’t want to start it again.

 

Minhyuk didn’t answer but instead shut his eyes and shook Taeil’s hand off his shoulder. He wanted to be left alone yet he wanted to be comforted. He didn’t know what he wanted right now. Right now Minhyuk was a ball of emotions.

Taeil pouted at the grumpy boy and stated, “You should at least change your clothes, Minhyuk. Or the at very least, take off you hat when you sleep.” There Taeil goes again, being the mother of the group, always worrying about her little ducklings.

 

But again, he gave no response.

 

“Fine, suit yourself.” Taeil sighed and started to make his way off the bed but was stopped when Minhyuk grabbed his wrist, halting him from any further movement.

 

“C... Can I talk to you seriously for a little while?” The dancer timidly asked still not facing his elder.

 

“That’s what I’m here for, Minnie. Now sit up and face me. C’mon.” Taeil encouraged while helping Minhyuk up into a sitting position, his hand still wrapped around Taeil’s wrist.

 

“B-But… Not…Here.” Minhyuk barely said as a whisper. He looked at the door of the bedroom for four and the singer understood.

 

“Whatever you want, Hyukkie. I know a good place.” Taeil gave Minhyuk a reassuring smile so he forced a smile back. They got up and he led the raven-haired boy through the living room getting strange looks from the rest of the members.

 

After they slipped on their shoes Taeil looked at Jiho and nodded his head towards Minhyuk and the door. Looking at the depressed boy standing next to him with his head down he ran the facts through his head. Within a couple moments he understood and shooed them away, letting them leave for whatever time they needed.

 

Minhyuk hadn’t taken his eyes off the ground since he got off his bed twenty minutes ago. It now seemed like they had been walking forever but within five minutes Taeil had sat down on a park bench, Minhyuk following suit.

 

He finally picked his head up and looked around. They were sitting on a nice little bench in the middle of a deserted park. Of course it was deserted, who comes to the park at 12:30 at night? He wasn’t familiar with where they exactly were, as it didn’t look like the normal park that he and his fellow members usually went to when they wanted to jog or play or something of the sort. Minhyuk breathed in the fresh smell of the grass and trees, something he hasn’t smelt in a while since with their new album they couldn’t catch their breath. He turned to his left and Taeil was staring intently at him with worried eyes. He had his hands resting on his lap with Taeil clutching his left hand. He almost forgot why they were here for a second.

 

“I…” Minhyuk started. He didn’t really know how to get this out. How exactly was he supposed to tell Taeil that he was gay? Gay for one of their own members, in fact.

 

“You…?” He urged.

“I’m… in love.”

“Really? That’s fantastic! I’m proud of you, Minnie! But… then why are you so upset? Being in love is a good thing, it shouldn’t be hurting you.”

 

This was the hard part. Minhyuk took a couple breaths then took off his hat and ran his free hand through his hair. He stared at the sky and leaned against the back of the park bench.

 

“It’s someone you know actually…”

“Really? I don’t know a lot of your friends, Minnie. Is it perhaps an idol?”

 

Minhyuk somewhat ignored the question and continued. “This person has been causing my heartache. This person is the reason why I’ve depressed these past couple of months. I thought this person was my light, my soul mate, my other half… turns out I was wrong.”

 

He felt the tears start to swell up in his eyes and he didn’t bother wiping them away. The broken boy continued to stare at the sky with one, two, maybe three stars, letting the waters flow down his cheeks.

 

He continued, “This person is actually on a date right about now. Laughing, eating, having fun with their partner. And here I am on a park bench crying about it. Ha, how pathetic…” He slightly smiled to himself.

 

Taeil let go of Minhyuk’s hand and wrapped his arm around his shoulder comfortingly.

 

“Minnie… there are plenty of other fish in the sea. You can find another great women out there besides who ever you say you love right now.”

Taeil retook Minhyuk’s left hand in his right hand, arm still draped over his shoulder.

 

“You’re right, hyung. But I don’t want another women.

“Not another women? Are you suggesting that… you love a… man?” Taeil said slowly and cautiously, never letting one eye leave the younger.

 

Minhyuk sighed and stared at Taeil with a tear-stricken face.

 

“Yes, it’s a man.”

“Does this man happen to be… Kim Yu Kwon?”

 

Those last three words hit Minhyuk like rock. It stung hearing his name but more importantly his chest tightened as the realization hit. Taeil knew. He knew all along that Minhyuk had fallen for his fellow member. He had never said anything about it and kept it a well secret.

 

Minhyuk buried his face in his hands violently sobbing at the reality. Had he been so obvious? Did everyone know? Did Yu Kwon know?

 

The thought of having him know made him even more upset and he was now on the verge of breaking down completely. Taeil pulled Minhyuk into his chest letting him let it all out. He couldn’t bear to imagine how long he had kept his feelings in.

 

Minhyuk drew his hand away from his face and tightly griped the younger’s shirt staining it with tears and snot.


Not wanting to disrupt him, Taeil rubbed the dancer’s back and caressed his fingers through his hair reassuringly, repeatedly saying things like “shhh…”, “it’s okay”, or “just let it all out”. He let the dancer weep onto his chest as much as he liked and let him wrinkle his shirt as much as he wanted. It was the least he could do to help his dongsaeng.

 

The only one that could help him now was Yu Kwon.

_________________________________________

I was going to post this chapter last night but I was tired so here you go! I'm making Minhyuk suffer a lot aren't I..? Don't worry, he will stop soon... or will he? Enjoy!