Everyday

Aren't You Suppose To Be Mine?

 

When Minhyuk comes back into Yu Kwon’s sight, his eyes are puffy and red and his eyes are downcast. He walks past Yu Kwon who has stayed in the same place for over an hour and the elder gave him an indication to follow him to his car. Luckily, a passerby had helped Yu Kwon pick up his crutches when he knocked them over in their interaction. He had been struggling so a woman took pity on him when he failed to grab them for the third time. He was quite thankful but he wasn’t really going far; the bench closest to where he was standing seemed to be a good place to wait for Minhyuk.

 

As much as Yu Kwon should have been thinking about his previous actions with the dancer he just couldn’t. He didn’t want to. He was supposed to be doing everything to prevent like this from happening but he just let it happen. If he weren’t temporarily handicapped he would have definitely put up more of a fight. He would. He definitely would.

 

Instead he just sat there on the wooden bench: his eyes searching for something interesting along the river. Yu Kwon ended up just staring at the multi-colored city lights, bright and obnoxious in the distance. He kept his mind blank and thoughtless, willing away any one thought that might have popped into his head. He wouldn’t think about Minhyuk, he wouldn’t think about Sun Hye, he wouldn’t think about Block B, he wouldn’t even think about food. He wouldn’t think about anything.

 

That proved a difficult task as keeping your mind blank is harder than it seems. A random thought would always wander along the inside of his brain, just waiting to bloom into a string of thoughts that would remind him of things he didn’t want to think about. He’d end up concentrating really hard on a piece of the ground in front of him so that he would get a headache and then the pain would cause all the thoughts to go away. It was a hard task, indeed.

 

By the time Minhyuk walked back he had a pounding headache and he wondered why he didn’t just call a cab. Something told him to stay but he didn’t know what. He didn’t want to stay but he was glued to the bench. Was he supposed to talk about this with Minhyuk? How could he? He wanted to forget. He didn’t want that to happen. It wasn’t supposed to happen.

 

With a heavy sigh and a heavy heart, Yu Kwon stood up from the uncomfortable park bench and grabbed his crutches. He hobbled toward the car and once he was in reach, Minhyuk took the crutches, put them in the back seat and helped Yu Kwon into the front seat of their car. He didn’t meet his eyes, afraid of all the feeling that would pour out if they made eye contact. Minhyuk got into the drivers seat and started the engine. He drove off without a word and Yu Kwon was struggling with what to say.

 

The uncomfortable silence of the car was unbearable. Minhyuk didn’t even have the radio on, just the sounds of world outside the vehicle was all that was heard. Should he say anything? Or should he not? Would it be bad if he said anything or would Minhyuk rather prefer he said something?

 

Minhyuk noticed the fidgeting of the younger beside him and sighed which caught the red head’s attention, “You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to.” His voice was a lot stronger than Yu Kwon thought it would be.

 

After debating a little while longer Yu Kwon stuttered out, “Min-Minhhyuk, I’m-“

 

“I said you don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to. What you were about to say you felt compelled to say but you didn’t want to say it. There’s a difference.” Minhyuk interrupted.

 

Yu Kwon nodded his head in silent agreement although he’s not sure if Minhyuk saw. From then on the car was completely silent. Yu Kwon kept his hands in his lap and his eyes glued to the window, watching the streets pass by him in a flash. It was much faster getting home than he thought and when Minhyuk pulled up to the apartment he got out of the car. He helped Yu Kwon again, retrieve his crutches and set himself up but Yu Kwon was confused when he was handed a key.

 

“I’m going out, you go back to the dorm.” Minhyuk said as soon as Yu Kwon was situated on the sidewalk. He got back into his car and drove off without another word.

 

Yu Kwon stood on the sidewalk in front of their apartment flustered for a couple of minutes before pocketing the key and heading towards the lift. Once out of the metal box he made his way towards the familiar white door. Unlocking the door and stepping inside he expected to find no one home and he was right. No one was there to welcome him and if they were home then they were sleeping, as it was almost 2 AM now. He slipped off his one shoe and went over to the couch, plopping on it, exhausted from the emotional drainage.

 

He put his head in his hands and sighed dramatically and groaned. This wasn’t supposed to happen. This really wasn’t supposed to happen. Yu Kwon did almost everything in his power to prevent this. He even dated Sun Hye so that this wouldn’t happen and so that it would get better. It wasn’t supposed to happen this way. Not at all.

 

Yu Kwon pressed the heels of hands into eyes and when he pulled back, the pressure making his headache even worse, his hands were damp. He threw his hand down harshly onto the leather couch and swore. He told himself that he wouldn’t cry. He wouldn’t do this but here he was doing exactly what he told himself not do to. He told himself to not do a lot of things and he always did them in the end.

 

It always backfired. His little promises that he made everyday. He made the same promise everyday and everyday he broke it. Everyday he would curse himself when he realizes he made the same mistake yet again. Another day gone by when he couldn’t keep the promise and another day that his love would be taken away slowly from him.

 

He wouldn’t allow it to happen. He didn’t want it to happen. How long has it been so far? Four years has it been? Four years and he breaks the same promise that he makes himself everyday. Everyday.

 

Everyday he wishes it wouldn’t happen but it does.

Everyday he wishes that it would get better but it doesn’t.

Everyday he swears to himself that he’d do better than the day before.

It never does. It never gets better. It never gets better because that person is in his life everyday.

 

He breaks his promise not to love Minhyuk everyday. 

                                                                                                                            

WOAH. WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH! 50+ SUBSCRIBERS THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU! ALL THE ONES WHO COMMENT, ALL THE ONES WHO JUST READ SILENTLY, ALL THE ONES WHO JUST READ THIS IN GENERAL. I LOVE YOU <3

Okay, back to the chapter. So I applaud any of you who saw this coming and by saw this coming I mean from previous chapters, not this chapter. But yes, it happened. Now you know. Now you know EVERYTHING. I'm just joking, there's still lots to reveal!

Oh and where did Minhyuk go? For those of you who can guess you get a cookie :3

I'm not very good at building up suspense so I'm sorry if this seems rushed or straight to the point. It's something I have to work on.

COMMENTS MAKE ME HAPPY~ PLEASE READ, COMMENT AND ENJOY MY LOVELIES~ SEE YOU NEXT WEEK <3