Happiness Defined

6 Ways To Love

 

On normal days, Zelo would have his skateboard with him for ease of travel. But because he was in a rather good mood today, he decided to take a stroll down to practice. He was particularly happy that his older brother had finally granted permission for him to resume practice after school. After the long lecture he was given the other day, he decided to make a change in attitude towards his studies. Yongguk saw the effort he was putting in for the past week and eventually gave up the ‘torture’ towards his only beloved brother.

 

Since Jongup was already there, Zelo decided to take the shortcut to keep him from waiting longer. The studio would only be about two blocks away if he took a turn into the alley near the ice cream shop. He suddenly remembered all the candy he got form Youngjae earlier, and thought of having a lollipop. He made a brief stop to take it out of his bag when he heard the sound of footsteps. He turned around to see who it was, but saw no one. “That’s weird. I’m pretty sure I heard someone coming… Oh well.” He popped a lollipop in his mouth and continued walking, disregarding the matter.

 

-----

 

Practice that day lasted for two long hours for Jongup and Zelo. They were working on some new choreography, particularly involving krumping, for a new upbeat song they enjoyed listening to together. They walked over to where their belongings were strewn over the parquet floor. Jongup lifted his towel and wiped off his sweat. Zelo did the same and grabbed near the collar of his shirt to fan himself. Panting, he pointed to the bottled water next to Jongup. “Could you hand that over? I need all the water I can get! That was one hell of a session!”

 

Jongup gave him a slight nod and leaned over to reach for the bottle. Before he could pass it to Zelo, his body froze after discovering something next to it. He picked it up with the other hand and turned to Zelo in stupor. Both their eyes rounded as they examined the heart-shaped candy box.

 

“Who left it here?” Zelo asked. Jongup shrugged and formed his lips into a small pout, thinking who might have left it there. “No idea… Oh wait, there’s a note.” He picked up the small card attached to the ribbon and read it with Zelo.

 

‘It was you always left lollipops in my locker, right? This is just my way of saying thank you for making me smile. Happy white day, Moon Jongup. Shall we be friends? ^^ - Kim Hana’

 

“She knew it all along… She knows my name too…” Jongup trailed off as a smile spread across his face. Zelo, who was just done reading everything, laughed in amusement. “Yah Moon Jongup! Babo! You’ve been hiding all this while, but it turns out she knows you all along! She seems to like you, though.  Maybe you should ask her out!” Zelo couldn’t contain his happiness for Jongup. Only he knew about the girl Jongup had been crushing on. The smile on Jongup’s face never faded. He turned to Zelo with what seemed to be tears – of joy – in his eyes and pulled Zelo in for a hug. It was a rather awkward hug for Zelo who kept still, but on Jongup’s side, all that matters was that 'the wait is finally over'.