First Date

6 Ways To Love

 

Jongup kept glancing at his watch nervously, looking up every few minutes to see if his date had arrived. He’d never been on date before, considering he has only liked one particular girl practically his whole life. He’d never imagined this day to come. It actually took him a few days to summon up all his courage before he was finally able to ask Hana out. After the White’s day incident, the both of them have communicated a lot; mostly through text messages. He owed it to Zelo for slyly giving his number to her. He was surprised, however, that she followed up with the initiation. Today would be his opportunity to show himself and he couldn’t afford to let it slip away.

 

Having stood there for a good ten minutes – for being too early – he decided to head into the café to find them a seat. He chose a spot at a corner by the window and turned to check his reflection. While making sure he looked decent, a pair of eyes caught him in the act, smiling through the glass. He felt a thud in his heart when he realized it was Hana, waving at him then skipping her way inside.

 

“Hey,” He stood up and gestured her to seat. He knew he was trying hard to make an impression when he offered to push in her chair for her, but he only did so to shake off his nervousness. He began to clear his throat as he took a seat. “By any chance, you’re not allergic to chocolate are you?” He asked, taking Hana by surprise over the sudden question.

 

She let out a soft laughter, noting how cute he sounded. “I happen to be a chocolate addict actually.” Jongup’s face instantly brightened. “Great! Because I ordered two mocha frappes with … extra chocolate fudge and … whip cream on top,” he slowly toned down his voice towards the end when he noticed he sounded a bit too excited over it.

 

Hana found herself giggling at him for his burst of innocence. Jongup subconsciously began to laugh along, though he was unsure of what had caused it at the back of his head. He scratched his head to double check if what he just said had made sense until Hana spoke. “You’re cute,” she said. Jongup noticed the way she smiled as she said it and shied away.

 

Things began to smoothen for them the more they shared things about themselves. From their common interests like dancing, to having the same blood type; Jongup had never felt more connected to her. Everything was perfect until a stranger decided to cut in.

 

Jongup noticed a smartly dressed man eyeing their table the moment he stepped in. He slowly made his way towards them and Jongup felt his muscles tensed. “Hana?” He firmly asked. “What are you doing here with this young man?”

 

Hana’s eyes rounded the moment she saw who it was. “Oppa!” She jolted up from her seat. Jongup was still grasping the situation, but he stood the moment he heard her call him brother.

 

Things didn’t end well for Jongup that day. It turned out that Hana came from not only a wealthy family – which he already knew – but also from a strict family who decides everything for her since she was the youngest and only daughter the Kims have.

 

‘I’m sorry…’ Jongup read the text from Hana again. He let out a sigh and blew his fringe, his face filled with upset.  And that’s how my first date turned out. He thought with his head hung low as he dragged himself home.