Youngjae's Surprise

6 Ways To Love

 

Youngjae took one last look in the mirror. He tugged his shirt to straighten it and a satisfied smile spread across his face. “Perfect,” He beamed.

 

“Youngjae, honey! Daehyun’s here!” His mom yelled from the living room downstairs.

 

He slipped on a silver watch on his left hand and leather bracelets on the other and headed down, seeing his best friend slumped on his couch.

 

“I’m all set, buddy. Now let’s go!” He called out.

 

“Seriously, Jae? You had to take that long to get yourself ready?” Daehyun snorted, unamused for always having to wait for his self-conscious pal.

 

Youngjae flailed his hands dismissively and walked out the door. “Tch. Has anyone ever told you how whiny you can be at times?”

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes and followed after Youngjae. Of course he has never been told that he’s whiny. Youngjae was the only person he could express himself to. He wasn’t the type to open up to people, but Youngjae was the one who initiated their friendship.

 

Although Youngjae was favoured by many and many wanted to get along with him, he couldn’t help but think they weren’t sincere about it. He was born in an affluent family, he always came out top in school, and he would always get compliments about his looks. In short, he was the perfect guy everybody wants to hang around with and he very well knew the fact. All he wanted was someone genuine as a friend. So when Daehyun got transferred two years ago and became his classmate, he secured himself a true friendship.

 

After minutes of tagging along, only then Daehyun wondered where his friend was leading him to. “What’s so secretive about today? Am I not allowed to know where you’re taking me?” He interrogated Youngjae. The only information he got the day before was only a text telling him to meet at his crib at ten in the morning.

 

Youngjae finally stopped and turned to Daehyun with a bright smile. “We’re here! It’s a national singing competition and I signed you up for it. I’m auditioning too!” He exclaimed.


Daehyun’s eyes looked as if they were about to pop out of his head. “You what?!”  He gaped at the stage and then at Youngjae, speechless.