White Day

6 Ways To Love

 

The school bell went off and the hallways were soon flooded with students again – the only other time being recess. Daehyun tried to get his way through a bunch of girls who didn’t look like they cared if they were blocking someone’s way. They seemed to be squealing over the confessions they received, holding boxes of candies and chocolates in their hands. Daehyun shook his head in amusement. He knew there was one thing he could do to make his way to his locker. He cleared his throat in a rather exaggerating manner to get their attention. One of the girls in front of him did a double take before she took notice of who it was.

 

“Daehyun oppa!” She screamed in his face, making him jolt a little. She then held out a huge heart-shaped lollipop. “Happy white day, oppa! This is for you!” He chuckled and smiled for a brief moment before receiving the gift. He then looked intently into her eyes with the look that he knew would melt any girls’ heart. “Gomawo,” he replied softly as he walked away.

 

This had been Daehyun’s way of getting people to comply with his needs – be it teachers or students. On the first day of his transfer, he already has the equivalent amount of admirers Youngjae has over the years. Although he was known to be pretty shy and reserved, unlike Youngjae, he always carried a pleasant smile around school. Youngjae probably envied him, but his ego would tell him to brush the matter off.

 

Youngjae narrowed his eyes on his parallel other with a stiff expression. “Cut the flirting, Dae. You disgust me more than the old drunkard who puked on my feet last week.”


“Wait, what? How was that flirting? Oh come on, Jae, admit it. You’re regretting having that cool and chic – or should I say, mysterious aura you have.”


“Just shut it, Dae.” Youngjae hissed as he struggled to open the door of his locker. Daehyun easily opened his and the moment he slammed his locker shut, Youngjae’s locker revealed itself with a gush of chocolate bars and candies. For a brief moment he gaped and blinked at the floor, now flooded with the physical confessions he received.

 

“Whoa. Talking about a mysteriously popular guy… Dude, if you’re not gonna have those, I would-”

 

“Hyung!” Zelo called out from across the hallway. He stopped in his tracks, bemused over the situation. “Daebak! Youngjae hyung, that’s probably equivalent to the number of girls in this entire school!” Youngjae noticed that he was now receiving unwanted attention. He knelt down and started grabbing a handful of candies, stuffing them all in his backpack. While at it, he gave some away to the two sweet-toothed ghouls staring at him doing so.

 

Youngjae stood up and straightened his uniform.  Daehyun and Zelo were still looking at him blankly, probably wondering what his admirers actually saw in him. “Are you two just gonna stand and stare at me for another hour?”

 

“Oh, right! I was gonna head down to the dance studio! Jongup’s gone without me, so he’s probably waiting. Thanks for the candies, hyung! See you guys tomorrow!” Zelo waved and ran along. Youngjae then looked at Daehyun, who was struggling to open a lollipop. He grabbed the lollipop away and swiftly took the wrapper off. “Hey, thank-” The lollipop was stuffed in Daehyun’s mouth before he could thank Youngjae.

 

“What about you? You have plans too?” Youngjae asked as they walked out of the school perimeter. “It’s white day! Of course I do!” Daehyun answered in glee.

 

“So you’re finally confessing to the girl at the park?”

 

Daehyun shook his head fervently. “She’s not just any girl, Jae. Everything about her is beautiful! I’m actually gathering all the courage I have to do this.”

 

Youngjae smirked upon hearing his statement. “If only you had the same amount of courage to sing on stage.”
 

“Alright, the mocking stops here! I’ll catch up with you soon alright? Happy white day, buddy!” He shoved the lollipop he had into Youngjae’s mouth and skipped away. Youngjae smiled as he witnessed his excited best friend, making his way to confess to the girl he liked. But what about him? He shrugged. His expressions slowly turned dull as he made his way home, with nothing to look forward to.